gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680895 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 04, 2024, 08:33:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 12, 2011  (Read 18643 times)
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2011, 10:33:45 AM »

"The Smile Sessions will be available as a standard double CD or download and as an elaborate deluxe box set which will include four CDs, two vinyl LPs, two vinyl singles and a 60-page hardbound book written by Beach Boys historian Domenic Priore."

Unless Dom's seriously expanded his on his essay (or it's printed about 50 words to the page), that last part isn't entirely accurate.

The book includes writing by Alan Boyd and Craig Slowinski too. This was covered on MArch 11 on Beach Boys Examiner. http://www.examiner.com/beach-boys-in-national/the-smile-sessions-box-set-to-see-release-this-summer
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2011, 10:50:11 AM »

Or as the site has it, "Temporary releasedate: 2011-07-11" - that said, no-one's shot it down yet. Dunno... I still feel it's a tad early for all the existing situations to have been satisfactorily resolved.

But then, what do I know ?

No release date has been set as of yet. That comes from EMI.

Ah. It seems I know more than I thought I did.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2011, 10:51:13 AM »

"The Smile Sessions will be available as a standard double CD or download and as an elaborate deluxe box set which will include four CDs, two vinyl LPs, two vinyl singles and a 60-page hardbound book written by Beach Boys historian Domenic Priore."

Unless Dom's seriously expanded his on his essay (or it's printed about 50 words to the page), that last part isn't entirely accurate.

The book includes writing by Alan Boyd and Craig Slowinski too. This was covered on MArch 11 on Beach Boys Examiner. http://www.examiner.com/beach-boys-in-national/the-smile-sessions-box-set-to-see-release-this-summer

I'm laying a $20 that says they did the sessionography.  Roll Eyes

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2011, 03:33:19 AM »

It's strange to see a boot listed on Amazon, but it happens occasionally, and clearly did in that case.  Through the Amazon marketplace feature, it's possible for independent sellers to list stuff like that occasionally.  Of course, it's removed if noticed by any of the powers that be.

Yikes - who wants boots... ;P

Yea. Anyone selling, or being in the possession of, illegal recordings, should be shot. My two cents.

But only after they have passed said boots over to me for, erm, safekeeping.

Exactly! What this country needs is a reliable and churchgoing person who can safekeep counterfeit material!

I thought we were talking boots, not counterfeits

Oh... this Dutchman thought that 'counterfeit' pertains to all illicit stuff... thanks for correcting.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2011, 03:45:28 AM »

Or as the site has it, "Temporary releasedate: 2011-07-11" - that said, no-one's shot it down yet. Dunno... I still feel it's a tad early for all the existing situations to have been satisfactorily resolved.

But then, what do I know ?

No release date has been set as of yet. That comes from EMI.

Ah. It seems I know more than I thought I did.  Grin

Guess you better go back on the Blue Board and pull a Al Jardine.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
GoodToMyBaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2011, 10:56:08 AM »

From Amazon's listing:
Product Description
Alternate, mono and stereo versions of the legendary unreleased Brian Wilson masterpiece. Our Prayer/The Heroes and Villains Suite/Do You Like Worms/Mrs. O'Leary's Cow/Child is Father to the Man/Cabinessence/I Love To Say Da Da/Look/The Old Master Painter - You Are My Sunshine/Wind Chimes/Barnyard/Vega-tables/Friday Night/He Gives Speeches/Holidays/With Me Tonight/Wonderful/A "Wonderful" Insert/Three Blind Mice/Water - Cool, Cool Water/Surf's Up/You're Welcome/George Fell into His French Horn/Bicycle Rider Theme/Can't Wait Too Long/Wind Chimes/Cabinessence/Heroes and Villains - I'm In Great Shape - Barnyard/Good Vibrations' closing-bit/Smile Promo-advert

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2011, 10:57:20 AM »

From Amazon's listing:
Product Description
Alternate, mono and stereo versions of the legendary unreleased Brian Wilson masterpiece. Our Prayer/The Heroes and Villains Suite/Do You Like Worms/Mrs. O'Leary's Cow/Child is Father to the Man/Cabinessence/I Love To Say Da Da/Look/The Old Master Painter - You Are My Sunshine/Wind Chimes/Barnyard/Vega-tables/Friday Night/He Gives Speeches/Holidays/With Me Tonight/Wonderful/A "Wonderful" Insert/Three Blind Mice/Water - Cool, Cool Water/Surf's Up/You're Welcome/George Fell into His French Horn/Bicycle Rider Theme/Can't Wait Too Long/Wind Chimes/Cabinessence/Heroes and Villains - I'm In Great Shape - Barnyard/Good Vibrations' closing-bit/Smile Promo-advert

What, ?  Huh

Link?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2011, 10:58:15 AM »

That's a boot. I don't know what boot, but it is one. Not the real deal

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
theCOD
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2011, 10:59:28 AM »

What, ?  Huh

Link?

http://www.amazon.com/Smile-Second-Beach-Boys/dp/B0018CB95Y
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »

That's a boot, easy mistake

Yet another false alarm.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2011, 11:21:06 AM »

From Amazon's listing:
Product Description

I would have thought the inclusion of "Three Blind Mice" would have alerted anyone here to the reality of this 'release'.  Grin

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2011, 11:37:22 AM »

What scared me more was the phrase "mono and stereo"...for released albums whose mixes differ that would be just fine, but if it were done for Smile that would seem like a way to fill up another disc with the same material.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
GoodToMyBaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »

My apologies friends, my Smile knowledge is still in its infancy.

Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »

From Amazon's listing:
Product Description

That's the Odeon SMiLE boot.
PhilCohen
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »

So AGD, with your inside knowledge, perhaps you can tell us if the "Smile" box release has gone into limbo.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »

So AGD, with your inside knowledge, perhaps you can tell us if the "Smile" box release has gone into limbo.

Has Capitol put out any statement saying it's been put on hold, shelved or otherwise canned ?  Not that I'm aware of.  Grin

Just because we're not being spoonfed information doesn't mean nothing's happening. Maybe they've had to adjust the configuration and track listing for some reason or another. Maybe no-one's telling Alan more that he needs to know.  I still think 7/12/11 is being optimistic, purely on logistical grounds, but as far as I'm aware, the project's still good to go.

Jason
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2011, 02:22:08 PM »

Regarding the "not being spoonfed information" bit, I believe Beach Boys Central is a prime example of that. Smiley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2011, 02:56:06 PM »

That's not even coming soon last time I checked, it's just gone.

Edit.

It actually is still up, was down for a while though
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:57:16 PM by Shady » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx