gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680955 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 11:47:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spencer Daily Reporter review  (Read 924 times)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:43:53 AM »

I was just looking for reviews and came across this one:

http://www.spencerdailyreporter.com/story/1855461.html

I think the author just wanted an excuse to use "Straight Outta Kokomo" as the title, because he completely misses the introspection of some of the songs AND the introspective aspect of a lot of the band's catalog.

"Some artists take their personal pain and adversity and channel it into their work. Some use their craft to innovate the way that music has been heard before. It's what they know. The Beach Boys, in a similar channel, can also say that they use what they know for their music: sandy beaches and sun-kissed girls. But, to be fair, we never asked for anything more." 

Yes, we did ask for more-- and got it.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 09:57:20 AM »

I'm signing up just so I can comment.  That end paragraph is one of the most ignorant things at the band I've read.  Whoops, someone else beat me to it. yeah!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:05:23 AM by Runaways » Logged
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 03:57:23 PM »

I think most of the record buying public couldn't name more than 5 or 6 surf songs the Beach Boys did.  When I was 15, I thought the Beach Boys had two slow songs, "God Only Knows" and "In my Room". 

Why in the world someone of that mindset would review this album though kind of annoys. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx