gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680935 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 07:21:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adult / Child  (Read 12414 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 12:28:03 PM »

"Hey Little Tomboy" is one of the worst songs the Beach Boys ever did and it has absolutely no redeeming qualities. It is terrible musically and too sexist and heteronormative to simply ignore -- this goes for both the unreleased version from this album (with the completely tasteless talking sections) and the released cut.

Most boy/girl pop music is just as sexist and heteronormative, it's just dressed up in a more agreeable way.

Yeah, I know. The fact that Brian didn't even bother to make his sexism and heteronormativity "agreeable" though is why it's terrible; it's the difference between "Hey Little Tomboy" and, say, "The Little Girl I Once Knew" -- I find the former way more actively offensive than the latter.

And then there's the pig snorting sounds on the "New Album" version. 

The pig snorts have nothing to do with The Beach Boys - they were added by someone for their website a few years ago.

Any idea why?  Conjures images of the BBs standing in a circle in a mud pit, encouraging a pig to try on women's clothes.     

If you saw the site where it was featured with the snorts, you'd understand.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 01:18:29 PM »

"Hey Little Tomboy" is one of the worst songs the Beach Boys ever did and it has absolutely no redeeming qualities. It is terrible musically and too sexist and heteronormative to simply ignore -- this goes for both the unreleased version from this album (with the completely tasteless talking sections) and the released cut.

Most boy/girl pop music is just as sexist and heteronormative, it's just dressed up in a more agreeable way.

Yeah, I know. The fact that Brian didn't even bother to make his sexism and heteronormativity "agreeable" though is why it's terrible; it's the difference between "Hey Little Tomboy" and, say, "The Little Girl I Once Knew" -- I find the former way more actively offensive than the latter.

And then there's the pig snorting sounds on the "New Album" version. 

The pig snorts have nothing to do with The Beach Boys - they were added by someone for their website a few years ago.

Any idea why?  Conjures images of the BBs standing in a circle in a mud pit, encouraging a pig to try on women's clothes.     

Why do I get the distinct feeling that I'll be seeing this image in my dreams tonight?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Sammy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2010, 09:24:59 PM »

thanks for the info guys, i really appreciate it Smiley
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »

[/quote]

I had a dream like that once.

A discipline daddy.
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »

Now I'm curious.... what exactly was the deal with this website that added the snorts?

(And also - the remix on 'Adult Child: Millennium Edition' has the snorts.)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2011, 11:42:15 AM »

As I recall, it's devoted to what they perceive as sexist tunes.

onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »

So, Purple Chick, if you're reading this, when are you gonna put together an ultimate version of A/C? With corrected speeds, mock-up cover, etc?

Come on, man! Come back! It's been (way) too long!
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2011, 07:49:52 PM »

Well, I would hate to see anyone fall on hard times -- but if Mike needed the money, maybe then they'd release a two-disc ultimate edition of Adult Child.  I think the cover art should have girls in bikinis, no less, on the beach, but with... sweat bands, and  a blender... flicken cigarettes ... but not laughing... no, no.  Cuz then they'd be cowards.

"Adult Child" is written in almost a Smiley Smile font, but in a more 70s style -- like the Star Wars font.

And photoshop a nice pic of Denny sailing on Harmony ... 70s Brian on the beach, in  a lounge chair wearing a bathrobe, watching a TV in the sand...watching baseball.... and 1965 Mike is hitting on the girls in bikinis, and they like him cuz he's not the Mike on the cover of Sunflower yet -- and frankly Mike added all that in the contract.  Al's either romancing Linda, or sick that day.  Carl's not on the front, conspicuously...cuz didn't he produce the album?  If so, then he's on the back cover lookin fit, in black and white.  If not then he can hold an electric guitar on the beach or looking wind swept out into the ocean to the horizon.

Afro  Man, I love this album!  I have no idea what would be on the second disc.  Maybe a fresh mix.

PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »

So hang on minute, the pig snorts are not on the original multi-track.   So would it be right to assume it has circulated on any boots without them?

I wish I could hear.  Sad
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2013, 02:48:46 PM »

Never heard of Youtube ?  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy (original)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 03:04:21 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx