gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681298 Posts in 27631 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 02, 2024, 11:19:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!  (Read 574730 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: July 31, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »

If they wanna re-re-re-release Pet Sounds, I think some outtakes should be involved...ones that are not on the PS boxed set either!!  Grin

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: July 31, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »

The "leader" that I was refering to is Mr.Doe, because so many of you stand behind him when he launches offensives against me.

I tried to reason with him,  tried to explain that launching an offensive on your eastern front now would be foolhardy -- but did he listen? His lust for power knows no bounds!

I'm not following his cues, I'm just responding to your sour, one-note posts.

In other news, man -- I can't wait to listen to stereo Smiley Smile! So, anybody absorb it yet? SPILL!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:24:28 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #902 on: July 31, 2012, 02:36:14 PM »

If they wanna re-re-re-release Pet Sounds, I think some outtakes should be involved...ones that are not on the PS boxed set either!!  Grin

But what else is there, aside from more backing track attempts, many of them breakdowns? At least, the Japanese could have included "Trombone Dixie" or one of the two versions of "Hang on To Your Ego", as on other editions of the "Pet Sounds" mono/stereo twofer.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 31, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »

There isn't really much room for bonus tracks if you have both mono and stereo versions on one cd (each around 37 minutes) - you could fit one (Hang On To Your Ego), maybe two (Trombone Dixie) extras.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 31, 2012, 02:58:01 PM »

To my credit, during the brief absence of your leader,

My leader? I've been called a CIA agent before on the internet, but this is a new one! Sorry, I'm kind of an unaffiliated lunatic with my own incredibly limited sphere of influence. Not much of a cultist.

Generally you wait for other people to bestow credit on you, by the way. Pointing it out yourself doesn't really make the case so well.

Anyway, I broke down and ordered Smiley Smile. Those stereo bits were too nifty not to!

The "leader" that I was refering to is Mr.Doe, because so many of you stand behind him when he launches offensives against me.

Not "behind", merely "with". I think it's fair to say that we simply share similar reactions to your posts. More "mass hysteria", perhaps, than "offensives"!

Your posts about the state of the industry are interesting and informative but hopefully measures are in place for business to continue as usual while the movements play out; these are big, world-class companies after all, not minnows.

I hope the pessimistic tone of your posts doesn't reflect any realistic outcome.

“We live in divisive times.”
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 31, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »

They should include that "Caroline No" radio spot the guys are doing where Bruce is playing something that sounds like the soundtrack for one of those angry little white, puffy dogs as it angrily vomits onto a rug and Brian cuts him off, saying they need a "Top 40 sound for this one."

The entire Banana and Louie recording sessions should be pressed onto its own CD as well. Pet Sounds: Authentic Edition featuring the smash hit rock songs "Subtle Animal Abuse", "Dennis Screams At A Young Child", and "Is It Possible We Could Bring A Horse In Here If We Don't Mess Anything Up?" They could exclude 37 seconds of it for time and Phil could claim it was a huge conspiracy by Capitol to have us by the expanded edition in 2016.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:57:58 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 31, 2012, 06:00:23 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Today-Beach-Boys/dp/B008D4QNA6/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1343782691&sr=1-4&keywords=today++beach+boys

Japan only 2012 remaster of their 1965 album with mono & stereo mixes. EMI. 2012.

Now hurry and lock this thread.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 31, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Today-Beach-Boys/dp/B008D4QNA6/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1343782691&sr=1-4&keywords=today++beach+boys

Japan only 2012 remaster of their 1965 album with mono & stereo mixes. EMI. 2012.

Now hurry and lock this thread.

"Japan only" as in "These specific editions will only be released in Japan", likely not "HA HA f*** YOU JAPAN ONLY GETS THE STEREO MIXES UNTIL THE END OF TIME!!!. They have their own specific editions of albums we have, thus this doesn't really say anything.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 07:11:43 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 01, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »

This is an informal poll, but so far, it seems, of all the people who are jumping into the pool on these Japan editions, the majority are buying Today! and Smiley Smile.

Do people think that Summer Days is also worth a listen?

I can't see buying Pet Sounds AGAIN.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 01, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »

This is an informal poll, but so far, it seems, of all the people who are jumping into the pool on these Japan editions, the majority are buying Today! and Smiley Smile.

Do people think that Summer Days is also worth a listen?

I can't see buying Pet Sounds AGAIN.

I agree - if I could afford to buy them, the first three I would pick up would be SDASN, SS, and Today!. Pet Sounds would be the last one, if at all....

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 01, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »

Oh man, do the Japanese know how to promote or what! Look at the treatment the The Beach Boys are getting in Tower Records, Japan.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mark H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 01, 2012, 01:01:57 PM »

Tower Records in Shibuya is my music purchase mecca.  Spent soooo much money there!

Wish I could read Japanese as there were plaenty of cool looking books/guides on sunshine pop etc.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 01, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »

95% of their women are hot as f***, they get the best video games either before us or exclusively, they are the origin of Hello Kitty, Final Fantasy, the Mario and Zelda serieseseses, they're extremely intelligent overall, they invent the coolest sh*t, they stay in good shape and live forever, and now this.

Why? Why was I not born there?

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 01, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »

But what else is there, aside from more backing track attempts, many of them breakdowns? At least, the Japanese could have included "Trombone Dixie" or one of the two versions of "Hang on To Your Ego", as on other editions of the "Pet Sounds" mono/stereo twofer.
vocal sessions? backing vocals only?
Tracks of what Brian Wilson Pet Sounds Live if they recorded any.
Pet Sounds tracks live. Like rarities of Billy H. singing I'm waiting for the Day, Don't Talk live from the 70s, other songs performed in different eras.
The BW orchestra tribute that VDP conducted before the PS shows.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 01, 2012, 01:53:03 PM »

Oh man, do the Japanese know how to promote or what! Look at the treatment the The Beach Boys are getting in Tower Records, Japan.

are those all Japanese 45s? are they available to purchase? 

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: August 01, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »

Discrete multitracks.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 01, 2012, 03:24:45 PM »

Discrete multitracks.

"Mix Your Own Pet Sounds". How amazing would that be?

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 01, 2012, 03:29:29 PM »

Discrete multitracks.

So amazing that I'd get bored after 10 minutes and listen to the original.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 01, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »

Discrete multitracks.

+1
Not a fan of fan mixes, Pet Sounds is perfect the way it is.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 01, 2012, 03:50:20 PM »

Discrete multitracks.

+1
Not a fan of fan mixes, Pet Sounds is perfect the way it is.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade - it'd be cool to hear what folks would come up with, but having the vocals released by themself and the tracks released by themself was enough for me. Not much I could do with multitracks, though, as it's not like some more recent stuff where I'm not a fan of the mix or mastering and want to give it a shot myself. I'd certainly support such a release, though, as obviously others are interested.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #920 on: August 01, 2012, 04:06:32 PM »

Japanese Smiley Smile:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #50,825 in Music

http://www.amazon.com/Smiley-Smile-Beach-Boys/dp/B008D4QMXE/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1343862175&sr=1-4&keywords=smiley+smile++beach+boys

Hmmm.....
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: August 01, 2012, 06:29:55 PM »

Discrete multitracks.

Seconded!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 01, 2012, 06:31:41 PM »

Discrete multitracks.

I personally have no interest in mixing my own, I just want to hear the multis.  Others, clearly, might want to fool around, but I just want to hear everything in more detail.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 01, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

It's jumped up to 15,774 now.
PhilCohen
« Reply #924 on: August 01, 2012, 09:08:36 PM »

Nice to know that some record company actually cares about releasing and promoting Beach Boys archival CD product. Too bad that they're in Japan.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 104 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx