gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681036 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 02:08:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: One of the funniest articles about the Beach Boys I've read.  (Read 5041 times)
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2013, 02:03:05 AM »

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils%20in%20America/Rock-n-Roll/beach_boys.htm

Not sure if this is satirical or not, either way, it's funny as hell.

"Everyone reading this article needs to be warned about the evil music of Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys. Obviously, Wilson is NOT a born again Christian; but, rather, is a child of Satan (Ephesians 2:2). It is frightening when people, who don't even know if God exists, write "spiritual" music for the masses to listen to. Brian Wilson is of the world, and the world receives their own (John 15:19). Wilson is the enemy of God (James 4:4)."

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 04:32:04 AM »

The guy's missing the point. Why else does he think hose if us in the Church of Brian Wilson worship at his feet?

While I'm on, can anyone recommend a way to fix my deck? It insists on playing Pet Sounds and SMiLE at 66.6rpm. I've sacrificed a chicken and two kittens to its glorious deification so far but it's still broke.

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 07:09:30 AM »

While I'm on, can anyone recommend a way to fix my deck? It insists on playing Pet Sounds and SMiLE at 66.6rpm. I've sacrificed a chicken and two kittens to its glorious deification so far but it's still broke.

as you 're hearing them twics as fast as normal, you have the chance to hear them twice as many times as anyone else. What's the problem?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »

as you 're hearing them twics as fast as normal, you have the chance to hear them twice as many times as anyone else. What's the problem?

It plays them at 66.6rpm BACKWARDS… I keep hearing hidden instructions to go the fridge and inhale more Reddiwhip…

Jesse Reiswig
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »

One of my favorite parts is the pervasive typo of "Brain Wilson."
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 08:09:40 AM »

One of my favorite parts is the pervasive typo of "Brain Wilson."

It's cursed I tell ye'!

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, 08:13:18 AM »

John, you are cracking me up in this thread..... LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »

Warning people about Satanic British bands like Led Zeppelin has become old.

Time to send out the alarm about the dangers from 6 nerdy kids from Hawthorne, CA  Roll Eyes

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »

It plays them at 66.6rpm BACKWARDS… I keep hearing hidden instructions to go the fridge and inhale more Reddiwhip…

Be careful. That's nothing compared to the messages you'll get if you spin an older Smile vinyl bootleg on that deck. Mind you I'm wearing a pair of bowling shoes as I type this, and cannot for the life of me figure out how my closet now contains nothing but baseball caps and flowing robes.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:58:55 AM by guitarfool2002 » Logged

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »

I listened to it and woke up with a jungle gym blocking my front door!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »

I have a feeling the guy who wrote the article is deadly serious. I remember a year or two back there was a religious zealot on youtube posting videos on how many classic groups were the work of Satan. The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson in particular were attacked for being so by the guy. Many of the same Brian quotes were used in his video and his arguments.   

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 03:43:23 PM »

Time to send out the alarm about the dangers from 6 nerdy kids from Hawthorne, CA  Roll Eyes

Strictly speaking, one from Hawthorne, two from Inglewood, one from Baldwin Hills, one from Lima OH, one from Erie PA and one from Chicago IL.

If I was being picky.  Grin
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:44:20 PM by A. Grayham Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
bluesno1fann
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »

Time to send out the alarm about the dangers from 6 nerdy kids from Hawthorne, CA  Roll Eyes
I wouldn't call Dennis nerdy at all lol
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »

Maybe not nerdy, but they were certainly all goofballs.

A discipline daddy.
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »

I have a feeling the guy who wrote the article is deadly serious. I remember a year or two back there was a religious zealot on youtube posting videos on how many classic groups were the work of Satan. The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson in particular were attacked for being so by the guy. Many of the same Brian quotes were used in his video and his arguments.   

He's definitely serious but if it makes anyone feel any better, he believes Lutherans are minions of Satan too.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 06:37:57 PM »

I am a Christian, yet I feel this guy is going over board here. Obviously, I am a member of this board so I love the Beach Boys. I know Brian doesn't claim to be a Christian, so why should I expect his views to line up with the Bible? I don't agree with everything the Beach Boys say or do. I don't agree with T.M.

But I don't listen to them to find answers. I don't listen to any band to find answers. I just love the music. And I might add that the lyrics are harmless. I choose to distance from a lot of punk, metal and hip hop because the lyrics are a bit too dark, violent, etc for me.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »

That site is old news...  Written by the same guy who thinks Paul McCartney is evil because he named an album "Ram". But going by his logic, moose, deer, elk, caribou, and cattle must all be agents of the devil too. Gotta watch out for those horns!!  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 12:32:12 AM »

I call myself a Christian, but I have come to understand that "Christian" means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. The "born again" or "evangelical" "fundamentalist" faction are just but one part of the church. I read this guy's site a few years ago, and he hates everybody! He hates Pat Robertson - well, that I get - but he hates Billy Graham, too. And Johnny Cash. And Elvis...and everyone else. It would be funny as satire, but as 'reality", it's just sad. Well, he did inspire me to write a song about religious lunatics called "Rot in Hell".
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 06:03:25 AM »

Time to send out the alarm about the dangers from 6 nerdy kids from Hawthorne, CA  Roll Eyes

Strictly speaking, one from Hawthorne, two from Inglewood, one from Baldwin Hills, one from Lima OH, one from Erie PA and one from Chicago IL.

If I was being picky.  Grin

Good Lord! You're never picky...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 01:16:54 PM »

As a practicing Satanist, I must say I find this article highly offensive.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »

Maybe not nerdy, but they were certainly all goofballs.

That'll work. And "hawthorne" was a geographical  generalization, yes.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »

haha yeah i agree.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 11:37:47 PM »

As a practicing Satanist, I must say I find this article highly offensive.
You should email the webmaster, telling him how inaccurate his portrayal of Satanists is.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx