gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680978 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 03:44:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian with Jeff Beck Fall Tour Dates  (Read 201372 times)
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »

$500 in DC for VIP with just Brian and Jeff...after paying $375 last year to meet all FIVE beach boys...there's no way I could possibly see the value in this at all.

The show in general is pricey-er than I expected...$150, $100, $70...I'm thinking $100 tickets at the front of the balcony, that way there won't be anyone really in front of me and I won't have the piano in my way.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »

$500 in DC for VIP with just Brian and Jeff...after paying $375 last year to meet all FIVE beach boys...there's no way I could possibly see the value in this at all.

Then don't do it.  I got third row in Detroit for $75 + $15 in fees.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »

Then don't do it.  I got third row in Detroit for $75 + $15 in fees.

I'm obviously not...and that isn't an option. The DC show seems to be one of those east coast theatre shows that they are just abusing the prices on.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 11:05:12 PM »

Wow.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:17:26 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 11:17:06 PM »

$500 in DC for VIP with just Brian and Jeff...

Ridiculous. We had a nice meet and greet with Brian & Jeff for free a couple of years ago in S.F. Actually, I had to shell out $25 for a new Smile vinyl album, Brian signed my album and told the little woman he liked her Smile shirt, shook hands with Brian, said "How ya doin'" to the CEO of Falsetto, and we walked out of the joint with a buncha cash still in my pockets and we've lived happily ever after. 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 11:21:29 PM »

That is so f***ed up and wrong. Even if I had the money and it was nearby, I wouldn't do it out of principal. I would *never* spend that much for a concert.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 03:24:29 AM »

$500 in DC for VIP with just Brian and Jeff...

Ridiculous. We had a nice meet and greet with Brian & Jeff for free a couple of years ago in S.F. Actually, I had to shell out $25 for a new Smile vinyl album, Brian signed my album and told the little woman he liked her Smile shirt, shook hands with Brian, said "How ya doin'" to the CEO of Falsetto, and we walked out of the joint with a buncha cash still in my pockets and we've lived happily ever after. 

Speaking of Brian and t-shirts... Has he seen any of the Radiant Radish shirts yet? Would he even react to seeing one? Would he laugh, and go "Whoa! Wow! That's far out!" Or would he turn into a shivering ball of anxiety?
Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 03:53:30 AM »

The meet and greet part was a bit of a waste of time but the soundcheck and seat in the first few  rows I thought was worth the extra couple of hundred bucks last year in Boston. Especially the soundcheck.

As for never spending that much, it cost a shedload more than that to be in London in 2004 and was worth every cent, and more.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:59:51 AM by Heywood » Logged
darling
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 06:26:17 AM »

The meet and greet part was a bit of a waste of time but the soundcheck and seat in the first few  rows I thought was worth the extra couple of hundred bucks last year in Boston. Especially the soundcheck.

At least now they're telling the truth and calling it a "photo op" rather than a "meet and greet".

This time, I think the paying an extra $400 for the VIP or an extra $150 for just the soundcheck is a little too much. Maybe they're counting on a bunch of Jeff Beck fans jumping on board.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:29:58 AM by darling » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 07:18:57 AM »

They should not be called Meet & Greets. Last year I paid $475.00 and I neither met them nor was I greeted by them. It was more of a cattle call. We were herded through, got a quick photo and then ushered away. The sound check was fun, but because it was an outdoor venue, I could have arrived early and just sat against the fence and heard everything perfectly. Except for the seat itself, it was total rip-off.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 06:14:20 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »

I saw smile at the Warner in dc.  there are really no bad seats.  Think  I will surf over to the site and buy tickets right now.  the balcony is just fine there.
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »

With the proper promotion this tour could be very successful. It's sort of an oddity, don't you think? In a good way! People will go. Jeff Beck Yardbirds fans and Brain Wilson Beach Boy fans. They'll get the Rolling Stone magazine crowd, too. How about a Rolling Stone Cover with the two? Well, it could happen.  Roll Eyes  Smokin

Man, with Al and David along this will be incredible! I won't be traveling so I hope there is a DVD release! Full show! Razz

I predict a European leg of the tour in the spring. Wish it was BB52 next year but................

Nicko1234
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2013, 11:40:09 PM »

With the proper promotion this tour could be very successful. It's sort of an oddity, don't you think? In a good way! People will go. Jeff Beck Yardbirds fans and Brain Wilson Beach Boy fans. They'll get the Rolling Stone magazine crowd, too. How about a Rolling Stone Cover with the two? Well, it could happen.  Roll Eyes  Smokin

Man, with Al and David along this will be incredible! I won't be traveling so I hope there is a DVD release! Full show! Razz

I predict a European leg of the tour in the spring. Wish it was BB52 next year but................

It could be successful...

Speaking personally though I would rather see them without Jeff Beck there. If they come to the U.K. then I would hope it would be BAD only as there would be more Beach Boys songs played and the ticket prices ought to be substantially lower.

I don`t doubt that this collaboration has been dreamed up by Brian`s management in an effort to sell tickets and CDs though so it may well be a success.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2013, 07:22:21 AM »

FYI

For those of you in the DC area, Tickets just went on sale for the Warner show.  I just bought 2 lower mid balcony seats (my choice of seating) for a TOTAL of $203.00.  I have the printed tickets in my hand.  There are cheaper as well as more expensive tickets available.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2013, 08:05:21 AM »

Bored in work so I was just checking a few of the dates. Tickets seem to be selling really well for this tour.

Needless to say I'm jealous of everybody attending

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2013, 10:27:42 AM »

Do we even have a release date for Brian's new album? They could very well do a world tour early next year to promote it.

This all started from the Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp, correct? Is that were Jeff and Brain recently met up?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:30:06 AM by SloopJohnnyB » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2013, 10:33:36 AM »

I'll be at the Westbury show.  Very excited.  Smiley

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2013, 10:36:45 AM »

FYI

For those of you in the DC area, Tickets just went on sale for the Warner show.  I just bought 2 lower mid balcony seats (my choice of seating) for a TOTAL of $203.00.  I have the printed tickets in my hand.  There are cheaper as well as more expensive tickets available.

I just bought my orchestra seats for the same price. I'm excited! Row 23 on the Left, should be back enough that we have a good view of Brian in case of that damn piano!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »

Haha, I still can't decide where the best place to buy seats for the gig. Too far left, you might only see his back....and not far enough right you're liable to be blocked by the white grand. I'm trying to sit as close as I can without a crap sightline - this is a skill!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »

Haha, I still can't decide where the best place to buy seats for the gig. Too far left, you might only see his back....and not far enough right you're liable to be blocked by the white grand. I'm trying to sit as close as I can without a crap sightline - this is a skill!

I couldn't find a very good seating chart for the Warner show but it looks like I got close to the front of the lower balcony toward the center.  It is a bit of a challenge to get a good seat at the best price.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »

Do we even have a release date for Brian's new album? They could very well do a world tour early next year to promote it.

This all started from the Rock 'n Roll Fantasy Camp, correct? Is that were Jeff and Brain recently met up?

Jeff and the Brain met at Pinky's place.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:39:04 AM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »

If you were Melinda you could sit in Brian's lap.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2013, 01:37:21 PM »

If you were Melinda you could sit in Brian's lap.

During the concert?  I think that could be distracting for, well, everyone.  Grin

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »

I couldn't find a very good seating chart for the Warner show but it looks like I got close to the front of the lower balcony toward the center.  It is a bit of a challenge to get a good seat at the best price.

Did you buy through Live Nation? I got to pick my exact two seats off the seating chart.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »

Brian's facebook called this "possibly Brian's most popular tour".

It's true, tickets are selling really well for most dates.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx