gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680984 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 06:09:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW song "Lines"  (Read 3578 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:19:24 AM »

I recorded it at home this a.m.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0863B5A805838BAF

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 01:27:14 PM »

very nice! you should be proud

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 07:17:04 PM »

Luther, this is great stuff. I love the fact that you took a completely obscure Brian song and added your own personality to it. The mix is very good. If you get a chance, check out 'shortenin' bread' , and tell me what you think.
  In closing, the great thing about making this kind of music...no pressure, and we really enjoy the songs we are attempting. You captured a hell of a feel with 'lines'...and for some reason, I still can't hear 'something better' or 'sleeping' ...maybe you can upload them on the same ' you send' program?

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 07:22:45 PM »

"Sleeping is Fun."

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7F1364C5540815E7

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 07:25:35 PM »

"Something Better"

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=2CB7214C72E95F69

PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 04:33:35 AM »

Thank you so much for that. Now I finally get to hear them. I'll listen to them later on  this afternoon..PMcC

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 06:50:31 PM »

"Lines"--nice piano and vocal. great chords, huh? I like the way the bass sneaks in. The drums sound great, How are you miking those? How many mics are you using?
   "Something Better" is playing right now. Bass is awesome. Love that bass line. pretty chords. Great change of 'feel' in the middle of the song..
  "Sleeping is fun" is so fun 60's...Love this sound. Drums again sound crisp and cool, and a stellar arrangement. This could be my favorite of the 3...And a nice recording on all 3. Paying close attention to the mix and arrangement. Makes it interesting and fun to listen to...

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx