gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680895 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 04, 2024, 08:53:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian UK tour postponed?  (Read 27717 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2015, 09:32:22 AM »

Are we still on about this? I can't wait for the UK Pet Sounds tour to happen...not because I'm excited for the UK fans to hear this great band, but just so I can stop reading the monotonous posts about this incident...which aren't confined to this thread either, it seems.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2015, 09:43:21 AM »

Where is Mike's online PR manager to slam BW when you need him? Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2015, 10:11:12 AM »

Uhh, yeah....the latest news about Brian, in short, says that there was damn good reason to postpone. A very, very honorable reason. And anybody who disagrees, well...is just a boob.

Yeah, I'm not sure why this is still being discussed but...is there actual evidence this was the reason for the postponement or is this just a happy coincidence?

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2015, 11:50:57 AM »

Uhh, yeah....the latest news about Brian, in short, says that there was damn good reason to postpone. A very, very honorable reason. And anybody who disagrees, well...is just a boob.

Care to share what that reason was/is?
KDS
« Reply #154 on: September 21, 2015, 11:58:17 AM »

http://www.brianwilson.com/news/2015/9/17/legendary-musician-and-co-founder-of-the-beach-boys-brian-wilson-partners-with-change-direction
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2015, 02:21:25 PM »

That doesn't really change the fact that UK arena sales were poor and were the likely cause of the cancellation.  Would Brian have cancelled a sell-out run at the Festival Hall and other theatre venues?  I think he would've fitted it all in.

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx