gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681227 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4080 Members - Latest Member: endoftheshow May 29, 2024, 05:28:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs that feel forced  (Read 7587 times)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2012, 05:25:33 AM »

Our Sweet Love
Our Sweet Love
Our Sweet Love

mediocre attempt to recreate God Only Knows style tune.  Probably one song that doesn't feel genuine to me.
Wah Wah Wah Ooooo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2012, 03:35:33 PM »

I just went back to this thread because I had to add my thoughts...

WILD HONEY.

The song itself isn't bad, and in fact has a pretty rocking little track to it, but I think it's the worst (and most "forced") vocal Carl Wilson ever put on tape.  The live versions featuring Blondie Chaplin are even worse. The lead vocal is so forced and grating that I cannot ever listen to this song. 

"I'm in a band. We're called the Beach Boys." ~ Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »

Our Sweet Love
Our Sweet Love
Our Sweet Love

mediocre attempt to recreate God Only Knows style tune.  Probably one song that doesn't feel genuine to me.
Starting to feel the same way about that song.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Nicko1234
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2012, 03:57:16 PM »

The Waltz. A very awkward collaboration between Brian and VDP. It sounds like Brian has never even read the lyrics before never mind has any connection with them.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2012, 04:14:07 PM »

I just went back to this thread because I had to add my thoughts...

WILD HONEY.

The song itself isn't bad, and in fact has a pretty rocking little track to it, but I think it's the worst (and most "forced") vocal Carl Wilson ever put on tape.  The live versions featuring Blondie Chaplin are even worse. The lead vocal is so forced and grating that I cannot ever listen to this song. 

You're right, though I don't find Blondie's performance as bad as Carl's studio vocal.

I never heard the greatness in this song, and it sounds so out of place on the Sounds Of Summer comp.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx