gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680928 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 06:13:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB opinions on each other's solo albums  (Read 11833 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »

Yeah, I was about to say -- can't really fault Mike on that score. He said, guiltily avoiding the pile of unlistened to CDs n' unwatched DVDs from good friends and collaborators...
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »

In recent interviews (this year) Al mentioned that "That lucky old sun" is a very cool album and I believe Mike mentioned that Brian did a Gershwin project. I don't know if Mike had heard it. Given that Bruce had to tell him during a live interview after the Grammys that he (Bruce) wasn't the only Beach Boy who won a Grammy - as Mike had just stated - I don't know if Mike really knows much about Brian's solo albums.
That's kinda sad that I know more about Brian's solo work than Mike does. Show's how much time of day Mike gives Brian sometimes.

It happens. I have a couple friends who I used to be in bands with. I still like them, we still get along, I wish them well with their current projects and while the stuff they're doing now doesn't offend me or anything, it doesn't really do much of anything for me, either.
Yeah, You're right. I used to go concerts of my friends in their emo bands and all the emo kids were singing their lyrics and though I traveled with the band as their merch table guy, I had no clue of any of their lyrics.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
oldsurferdude
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 12:11:04 PM »

I wonder what oldsurferdude would talk about here if he didn't slam Mike Love in literally every post. His obsession reeks of closet fanboyism, just as often times, those most violently opposed to homosexuality would be the butt fuckinest homos on earth if only they weren't in such extreme denial, usually for totally silly reasons.
Shucks, and here I thought you , yes you RDZ, were my biggest fan. Hint-it's easy, man, when you see oldsurferdude, don't f*cking read it and we'll both be happier people. Anything else p*ssy cat? Razz
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »

It happens. I have a couple friends who I used to be in bands with. I still like them, we still get along, I wish them well with their current projects and while the stuff they're doing now doesn't offend me or anything, it doesn't really do much of anything for me, either.
Same here. But obviously, Brian should mean a little bit more to Mike than, with all due respect, any friend that you or I have been in a band with at some time. Performing Brian's music has been Mike's full time job for the past 51 years, and Brian's music is the reason why he's rich, famous and will be remembered long after he's gone. If I had a friend who's music had done that for me, I'm pretty sure I'd bother checking out his next solo album.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2012, 03:02:58 PM »

Same here. But obviously, Brian should mean a little bit more to Mike than, with all due respect, any friend that you or I have been in a band with at some time. Performing Brian's music has been Mike's full time job for the past 51 years, and Brian's music is the reason why he's rich, famous and will be remembered long after he's gone. If I had a friend who's music had done that for me, I'm pretty sure I'd bother checking out his next solo album.
good call my friend

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »

good call my friend

Which is why he has most likely listened to his solo albums. I think it would be pretty silly to assume otherwise!
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2012, 10:56:34 AM »

Mike is chicken to admit he's listened to every solo stuff by his big cousin Brian.  Wink 2

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 07:34:18 PM »

well it looks like The Beatles didn't even listen to each others solo stuff,at least not all of it,so it doesn't surprise me that the Beach Boys don't listen to each others solo stuff..
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »

I was in a band (admittedly, a very unpopular band in the grand scheme of things) that went on indefinite hiatus a few months ago and since then the frontman/songwriter has released quite a lot of solo stuff with another backing band. I haven't listened to most of it, it annoys me that it even exists.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx