gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681017 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 06:58:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Little Saint Nick LP mono  (Read 1363 times)
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »

Is there a version of the mono LP Little Saint Nick on CD anywhere?  All of the non orchestra songs are in mono on the 91 Capitol CD, except Little Saint Nick.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 01:12:02 PM »

Concisely... no.  Smiley

Unless there's a Japanese import, that is...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 06:50:44 AM »

Thanks Andrew.  It's the only Brian Wilson production on the Christmas album that I don't have in mono - except on the vinyl.  Guess I'll have to do a vinyl rip one of these days.
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 12:03:04 PM »

It's funny that you should mention this. I have recently started to compile a cd of tunes that are not (easily) accessible in mono. Having the mono LP version of Be true.... led me to start. I am still dumbfounded that after years and years of BB listening, it was only three years ago that I noticed that there are in fact 3 different version of Fun Fun Fun...the mono SDvol2 version...the stereo SDVol2 version..and the hit 45 mix (with more organ in the break)....so pulling all of these obscure versions together (like the mono foldover of I Can Hear Music released in the UK and used as the single in Japan) etc...should be fun. Thank goodness for Japanese CD's.

So Mark, its been 13 years since you said that you would like to release mono/stereo mixes of all the LPs...where are we on  that.......Smiley
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 07:17:21 AM »

If you have the Japanese Beach Boys Christmas album (the one that came out roughly the same time period as the 91 Capitol CD) - are the mono/stereo mixes on the album the same?  I've always assumed they are, but I don't have the CD.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx