gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680997 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 07:35:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love and Mercy Soundtrack  (Read 62968 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »

Outside of the actual score, I'd love to see 30 seconds of isolated GV vocals, but I wouldn't think that sort of stuff would appear on such a release.

I certainly don't need to see the other artist vintage songs heard a few times in the movie.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2015, 05:32:34 PM »

You mean you don't need more Ramsey Lewis Trio or Yardbirds in your life?  LOL

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2015, 11:02:49 PM »

OK, so I'm not saying this is cemented but after doing my thrice (or more) per day web searches (sue me) I found this:

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/brian-wilson/news/2015/08/7#JyIeE2JrHJLP3URb.99

1. The Black Hole – Atticus Ross and Leopold Ross
2. Don’t Worry Baby – The Beach Boys
3. Silhouette – Atticus Ross and Leopold Ross
4. God Only Knows – Paul Dano
5. God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
6. Believe – Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross and Nick Chuba
7. Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
8. Losing It – Atticus Ross
9. I’m Right Here – Atticus Ross and Leopold Ross
10. The Bed Montage – Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross, The Beach Boys, The Four Freshmen
11. Intersection – Atticus Ross
12. Love and Mercy (Live) – Brian Wilson
13. One Kind of Love – Brian Wilson

Atticus Ross score tracks in bold. Missing are at least 2-3 tracks from listed in the films credits and in the EPK (notably, "Silhouette" and "Headphones"). Of course, that could come down to translation differences. Still marvelous feeling to have stumbled across this info! Even if the soundtrack is missing a few bits of score, I'm very pleased we'll be getting what we get. Hoping that "Good Vibrations" includes some of the isolated vocals heard in the film. And the "Bed Montage" is splendid because of the use of the isolated Mike Love vocal "these things I'll be...til I die". Very exciting!

Who knows if this is what we will get state side and in the UK but it's definitely official, it's on the UME Japan site after all.

Here's the translation, using Google, of the Japanese text:

"In public than 8/1, the original soundtrack of the movie Brian Wilson Certified "Love and Mercy melody that does not end" will be release.

Digital release August 14 plan.

Contents, movie ending song "One Kind Of Love", original music three songs of Beach Boys, the Beach Boys by Paul Dano, who played Brian officers cover, such as the score by Atticus Ross is recorded You.

で詳細を読む"

That August 14 date is curious, digital release of the film or the soundtrack? Of course the date listed on most sites (Amazon, B&N, Best Buy, FYE) is September 18th.

Had to pass it along..

elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2015, 11:04:34 PM »

"Does not end"? Well, this is going to be value for money.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2015, 11:16:47 PM »

That's a CD I'd buy in a heartbeat.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2015, 06:06:44 AM »

OK, so I'm not saying this is cemented but after doing my thrice (or more) per day web searches (sue me) I found this:

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/brian-wilson/news/2015/08/7#JyIeE2JrHJLP3URb.99

1. The Black Hole – Atticus Ross and Leopold Ross
3. Silhouette – Atticus Ross and Leopold Ross
6. Believe – Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross and Nick Chuba
9. I’m Right Here – Atticus Ross and Leopold Ross
10. The Bed Montage – Atticus Ross, Leopold Ross, The Beach Boys, The Four Freshmen

Thank you for posting! If that is the soundtrack I couldn't be more pleased.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2015, 06:25:31 AM »

Having only seen the film once, I'm not an expert on the Ross score bits. But if there is any substantial amount of his score missing from the CD, that would be a bummer. I don't mind interspersing other tracks when there's room for it and the score is there in full. I would hope, if there is a substantial amount of missing score, a separate digital release of the unedited version might surface (and/or appear on CD via an indie label).

I also get it that, even more than something like "Made in California" that's weirdly targeted in part at hardcore fans yet still includes a ton of stuff they already have, this L&M soundtrack is targeted at a wider, different audience. (Though, I'd still say a good hunk of anyone with even a passing interest in the film and soundtrack probably already own the three BB classics.).

I'm still obviously very happy to see this released. I guess I can't get too worked up about possible missing score cues considering I don't know how much, if anything, is missing.

It will be interesting to see if the BW and BB tracks are just the stock masters, or if they're remixed or presented in an altered form of any sort. Not much left to do with them, other than remixing them *again* in stereo. 

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2015, 06:30:35 AM »

I was hoping that Dano's solo piano version of Surf's Up would've been included.

I'd rather have that than another DWB or GV. 

Oh well. 
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2015, 07:09:49 AM »

I think that particular soundtrack is exclusive to Japan and may not be the 'actual' soundtrack we'll get in September. Also, the title of the soundtrack is "Owaranai Merodi" which basically translates to "Endless Melody".

The missing tracks are "End Date", "Headphones", "Knives and Forks", "Deep End", "B&M Studio", "Baby No Morph", and "Into Mercy"
The newly titled pieces are "Losing It", "I'm Right Here", and "Intersection".

I would guess that "Knives and Forks" and "Headphones" were cut, since it's just 20 seconds of screaming and tapping.

EDIT: Wait, no "Love & Mercy Owaranai Merodi" is what the film is titled in Japan. I dunno.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:31:16 AM by puni puni » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2015, 07:29:00 AM »

I was hoping that Dano's solo piano version of Surf's Up would've been included.

I'd rather have that than another DWB or GV. 

Oh well. 

Ditto. But this is shaping up to be a great soundtrack. Besides, Bluray affords certain capabilities should any one pursue them. Wink
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2015, 07:51:31 AM »

Having only seen the film once, I'm not an expert on the Ross score bits. But if there is any substantial amount of his score missing from the CD, that would be a bummer. I don't mind interspersing other tracks when there's room for it and the score is there in full. I would hope, if there is a substantial amount of missing score, a separate digital release of the unedited version might surface (and/or appear on CD via an indie label).

Yea, it's a little hard to tell because some of the translations might be off. To better describe where each of these fit in the film, maybe the following will help (these titles are from Soundtrack.net & the EPK, plus film credits):

Black Hole - Heard as the film opens, after the short prologue scene with Paul Dano. The complete darkness that eventually illuminates the single ear. Just a beautiful sound collage that takes you inside Brian's head.

End Date - Heard as Elizabeth Banks and John Cusack say goodnight after their first date. It's very faint and brief. Unless there is a translation issue, this isn't present on the CD.

Believe - Heard as Cusack & Banks converse over dinner and he explains where he is in life at this point. I believe this track is reprised when they make love later in the film. Also, I think, at several other intervals where Melinda is pensively thinking about what to do.

Silhouette - Heard as Dano lays on the hood of his Corvette Stingray and hears sounds. Hal Blaine's character approaches and they converse.

Headphones - Heard when Murry's character comes to the studio during the recording of "Caroline, No" and plays the acetate of "I Live For the Sun" to chastise Brian. Dano retreats from the control room to the studio and puts on the headphones only to hear voices and a cacophony of noise. Unless there is a translation issue, this isn't present on the CD. And maybe that's because of the inclusion of "I Live For the Sun". I'm just speculating. However, this track in the film is unhindered by dialogue so if you wanted to you could probably extract the audio from the DVD or BD. Maybe this is "Losing It"?

Knives and Forks - Self explanatory. Not on the soundtrack, at least it doesn't appear so.

Deep End - Heard as Dano flails in the deep end of the pool, seeminly drowning in his emotions and "SMiLE". Like Headphones, this is dialogue free so it could be extracted more or less intact. Unless there is a translation issue, this isn't present on the CD.

B&M Studio - Heard as Landy's character interupts Banks & Cusack while she comes to see him in the studio and she pleads with him to leave. Unless there is a translation issue, this isn't present on the CD. Although, I think this might be "I'm Right Here".

Baby No Morph - Heard as Dano sits at the edge of the pool and Marilyn's character calls to him 'she's got your smile'. It's pretty brief. Unless there is a translation issue, this isn't present on the CD.

Bed Montage - Heard as Cusack lays in bed and enters a 'wormhole' and has the "2001" moment.

Into Mercy - Heard as Brian asks Melinda to drive him home. Very brief. I guess this is retitled on the CD as "Intersection".

I also get it that, even more than something like "Made in California" that's weirdly targeted in part at hardcore fans yet still includes a ton of stuff they already have, this L&M soundtrack is targeted at a wider, different audience. (Though, I'd still say a good hunk of anyone with even a passing interest in the film and soundtrack probably already own the three BB classics.).

I'm still obviously very happy to see this released. I guess I can't get too worked up about possible missing score cues considering I don't know how much, if anything, is missing.

I'm thinking some of this stuff might be 'lost in translation' or maybe retitled for the CD release. It may all be there after all...

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2015, 12:10:57 PM »

I agree that Headphones is likely Losing It.
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2015, 02:27:28 PM »

What does it mean when you're Losing It? That you're falling off the Deep End.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2015, 03:35:18 PM »

What does it mean when you're Losing It? That you're falling off the Deep End.

This is very true. My reasoning was based on the sequencing but "Deep End" makes just as much sense based on the sequence of the CD. Good call.

I was just looking on the B&N website and noticed the Sales Rank was 118. Considering last week it was like 200,000 something, that's pretty sweet.

debonbon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 13, 2015, 07:10:03 AM »

It's out tomorrow!

From FB

The soundtrack for "Love & Mercy" will see a global digital release tomorrow, August 14 and will be available everywhere on CD September 18.
Please visit Brian's website for more info, press release and track list: http://brianwilson.com

A healthy...low fat or non-fat...healthy......blizzard.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2015, 07:16:20 AM »

Ahhh awesome! Looks like the aforementioned Japanese track listing is the same as this US version:

1. The Black Hole – Atticus Ross
3. Silhouette – Atticus Ross
6. Believe – Atticus Ross
9. I’m Right Here – Atticus Ross
10. The Bed Montage – Atticus Ross, The Beach Boys, The Four Freshmen

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 13, 2015, 07:50:25 AM »

better buy it as soon as it's up for purchase, before the lawsuits shut it down...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2015, 07:57:38 AM »

I hope the CD cover is the film poster..  Brian's FB seems to suggest that.

If it's the DVD cover, I'll just buy the digital download.
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2015, 08:12:19 AM »

Good find guys...

BOOM!

And of course...they got me again. I'll end up buying the soundtrack download tomorrow, because I have no ability to delay gratification. LOL And I'll turn around and buy the CD release in September. Same with the movie on iTunes August 25th. I have to have it immediately..that bonus material is calling to me. But I'll still buy the BD in September, have had it pre-ordered since mid July.

This is me...

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:19:27 AM by JCM » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2015, 08:13:51 AM »

JCM, call out of work tomorrow! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2015, 08:19:49 AM »

Imagine that.  Wink

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2015, 08:56:12 AM »

I'm surprised there weren't more Beach Boys songs included.  Like Surf's Up, In My Room, Wouldn't It Be Nice, and Til I Die which were all very prominently featured in the movie.  But that's a minor complaint as we all own enough versions of those songs already.

EDIT: In My Room and 'Til I Die as they appear in the film are part of the "Bed Montage" on the soundtrack album, it's probably my favorite track on the album as well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:59:43 AM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2015, 09:05:52 AM »

Am I the only one who's really disappointed they didn't throw in at least one goodie from the archives? Something from the Bedroom Tapes?
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2015, 09:06:20 AM »

This is just a guess...

1. Surfin' USA
2. I Get Around (w/Studio Chatter)
3. Don't Worry Baby (w/Studio Chatter)
4. Be My Baby - The Ronettes
5. God Only Knows (w/Sessions)
6. Sloop John B (w/Sessions)
7. Caroline No (w/Sessions)
8. You Still Believe In Me (w/Sessions)
9. Here Today (w/Sessions)
11. Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)
12. I Live For the Sun - The Sunrays
13. Good Vibrations (w/Sessions)
14. Surf's Up (From 'Inside Pop')
15. Heroes And Villains (w/Sessions)
16. The Elements: Fire (w/Sessions)
17. Day By Day - The Four Freshmen
18. 'Til I Die
19. In My Room
20. Wouldn't It Be Nice
21. Love and Mercy (From 'Live At the Roxy)

Plus various Atticus Ross score interludes.

I would guess that list on the same lines aswell. Smiley
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2015, 09:30:38 AM »

Am I the only one who's really disappointed they didn't throw in at least one goodie from the archives? Something from the Bedroom Tapes?

I'm hoping maybe there will be some sort of archival release of that nature around the time "I Am Brian Wilson" comes out next year, maybe.

Listening

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx