gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680994 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 05:06:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB's at TAGS NY  (Read 8735 times)
Bhw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »

Gang,

It was another fun filled night with the BB's.  Herman's Hermits opened the show and we're entertaining

Here are a few pics...

Bhw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 10:27:01 AM »

sorry about the "we're".  darn ipad
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 10:33:09 AM »

Many thanks for those - looks like a great night!

Just wonder though, looking at the audience shots… do you think Mike and Bruce imagine everyone in the world wears Hawaiian shirts all the time? Or are they aware most folk only wear them when they go to see the Beach Boys? Smiley

“We live in divisive times.”
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 10:48:49 AM »

Did they do God Only Knows with Carl taking the lead as it was done in the reunion show?
Bhw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 12:53:30 PM »

Yes, they're did and it surprised me.  It was nice.  The setlist, in my opinion, was not the strongest. Still a fun night. I'll see them two more times this summer and take better pics.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 01:12:57 PM »

I can't believe they showed the Carl video for God Only Knows.  It makes me cringe actually.  In the reunion tour, it made sense, you have Carl and Dennis joining the rest of the group in spirit to make it a complete reunion.  Here they have Carl singing with Mike, Bruce, and a whole bunch of guys that Carl never played with when he was alive.

It's also a bit of a fuck you to Dennis, as if Carl is the only one worth commemorating.

If you're going to do one video tribute, you have to do the other.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:31:04 PM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

SummerInParadise23
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 01:22:32 PM »

Wow that's so great they did the Carl Tribute. Really nice and considerate of them. Im shocked at 'Rocky Raccoon's' negative response and his/her vulgarity. Please children read these forums too.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 01:22:53 PM »

I can't believe they showed the Carl video for God Only Knows.  It makes me cringe actually.  In the reunion tour, it made sense, you have Carl and Dennis joining the rest of the group in spirit to make it a complete reunion.  Here they have Carl singing with Mike, Bruce, and a whole bunch of guys that Carl never played with when he was alive.

It's also a bit of a fuck you to Dennis, as if Carl is the only one worth commemorating.

If you're going to do one video tribute, you have to do the other do.

I kinda agree with you.
I hope they won't use it again. It takes the especialness out of it and makes the tribute just another song.
That said, I'm sure Bruce will take over again for the shows.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2013, 01:32:57 PM »

Please children read these forums too.

I'm pretty sure that's not true.

oldsurferdude
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 02:05:43 PM »

Gang,

It was another fun filled night with the BB's.  Herman's Hermits opened the show and we're entertaining

Here are a few pics...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »

THey're working on doing Dennis w/ "Forever" too...I was talking to Scott Totten about it in Baltimore because I heard them soundchecking it and was afraid Stamos was there  LOL
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »

Huh, huh - Ima jeanyus too.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 03:19:49 PM »

THey're working on doing Dennis w/ "Forever" too...I was talking to Scott Totten about it in Baltimore because I heard them soundchecking it and was afraid Stamos was there  LOL
Are they going to make a video tribute to BW since  he isn't there...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 03:23:23 PM »

You mean Mike, Bruce and Company were at TAGS NY

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 03:56:44 PM »

Im Henery the 8th I am Henrie the 8th I am I am...

I, Michael Love am the #1 rock idol of the world and don't you forget it!

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Bhw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »

I think I'm done posting here. Far too much negativity. I posted the pics because I thought folks would enjoy seeing some fresh images from a recent concert. Sorry
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »

I think I'm done posting here. Far too much negativity. I posted the pics because I thought folks would enjoy seeing some fresh images from a recent concert. Sorry

I'll come out of my typical lurk mode to say thanks for the pictures and notes about the show.  Personally, I love that they added the Carl video and look forward to seeing them in September in PA. 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 05:23:02 PM »

Thanks for the pics and the opinions.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »

No need to announce it, unless you want to be negative and hurt people's feelings just because they played Let's Make With The Funny Captions. You should stay positive. Surf's up, compadre! Shoes for industry. What would Bruce Johnston do? I'd say he'd want you to keep posting pictures of Mike Love pointing at his brain.

I admit it, I was trying to find one of Ali or Andy Kaufman or Buddy Rogers doing the same thing but got google image search lazy.

Ontor Percapitaincomeski
Montecito
July 27, 2013
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:37:22 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 05:37:48 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one here getting fed up with the 100% lack of respect for anything Mike and Bruce are doing AND the lack of respect for members of this forum that happen to enjoy it.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 05:40:45 PM »

We've got people who will literally fight to the death over the honor of "Summer in Paradise" here. We've got people that smell vaguely of Kokomo, who make compelling arguments for the phrase "touring band," and who manage to do it for hours a day. I challenge you to find a forum with more active Mike and Bruce boosters!

Oh yeah, and a buncha people who will argue with them for hours a day. Apparently it's fun or something. Now take back what you said about french horns or I'll take your lunch money!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:44:54 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 05:43:11 PM »

Why should I respect M&B when they refuse to tour with the other members of the real BBs.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 05:51:08 PM »

NOBODY in this thread knows what really happened to end C50. And who said they "refused"? As it stands right now, Mike seems to be saying he wants to work with Brian again...and Al Jardine basically had that little "well Brian doesn't need YOU!" spout back.  Roll Eyes
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »

Some statements are so outright childish and silly, it's damn hard to ignore them.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 06:20:37 PM »

like smile brians.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: