gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680929 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 08:43:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free tickets for Brian's Tulsa show ?  (Read 2202 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« on: December 03, 2014, 11:19:13 PM »

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 12:22:13 AM »

Crivens… does that include flights???

“We live in divisive times.”
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:33:38 AM »

It's a trap! You arrive at the venue and get ushered into a meet & greet with Mike Love's beloved pup, Wrinkles.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 06:40:18 AM »

YEah, Lee Dempsey emailed that to me and I immediately called a friend in Springfield Mo, Bobby Lloyd Hicks ( The Pick of The Woody Sticks) who already had tickets.
 But he called the number, talked to a rep, who informed him the tickets were already gone. 
Seems a bit strange to send an email to hundreds( thousands?) of people if you only have a few tickets to give away;  Why Bother? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 06:52:50 AM »

Oh well, maybe they can play a racetrack or something so more fans get to see them for free.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:26:05 AM »

YEah, Lee Dempsey emailed that to me and I immediately called a friend in Springfield Mo, Bobby Lloyd Hicks ( The Pick of The Woody Sticks) who already had tickets.
 But he called the number, talked to a rep, who informed him the tickets were already gone.  
Seems a bit strange to send an email to hundreds( thousands?) of people if you only have a few tickets to give away;  Why Bother?  

Very odd - I checked the seating map and according to that, there were, like, maybe 26 seats left. Only thing I can think of is that as it's being filmed, they wanted a 100% full house. Makes sense, but really, doesn't look good the way it was presented.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:27:37 AM by The Legendary AGD » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 07:40:55 AM »

Better luck next time!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:45:55 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 07:54:56 AM »

Seems a bit strange to send an email to hundreds( thousands?) of people if you only have a few tickets to give away;  Why Bother?  

Very odd - I checked the seating map and according to that, there were, like, maybe 26 seats left. Only thing I can think of is that as it's being filmed, they wanted a 100% full house. Makes sense, but really, doesn't look good the way it was presented.

In that scenario, one has to wonder why the filming , unless they proactively plan to meld it into the Vegas footage; I wonder if the stage/clothing/setup will be close not to be noticed...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Sand Dollar
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »

In that scenario, one has to wonder why the filming , unless they proactively plan to meld it into the Vegas footage; I wonder if the stage/clothing/setup will be close not to be noticed...

When we purchased our tickets for Tulsa, I was able to pick good seats at my leisure, but the seating map remained so empty for such a long time that I got worried that the show would be cancelled. The map really filled out this week, and filming would explain that.

I must have missed that it was going to be filmed, because the first time I heard about it was this specific thread. Do you know where I could get more information about that?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx