gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680904 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 03:32:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Isn't It Time is next single  (Read 26266 times)
AM Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:16:55 AM »

Article in Billboard discusses new single, possible new LP and future plans in general.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/beach-boys-talk-another-album-together-1007435152.story?utm_source=most_recent
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »

That's amazing! everything seems to look great for the band!
good to know that not only they're thinking to release the rest of the Life Suite but also to keep in mind the track with Carl Wilson (which is Waves Of Love, right? or could it be Don't Fight The Sea?) and to put some Dennis Wilson stuff! excited.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:50:26 AM »

Also exciting that the Isn't It Time single will be a version with newly recorded lyrics and vocals.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 11:18:28 AM »

Isn't It Thyme
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »

Isn't It Timmy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjGs5wkYUcE
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »

Article in Billboard discusses new single, possible new LP and future plans in general.

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/beach-boys-talk-another-album-together-1007435152.story?utm_source=most_recent

Thanks for posting the link. I guess we have to be patient and wait to see whats next. It's OK to post our opinions and concerns, though.

'Isn't It Time' is a good choice for the next single. Looking forward to the new version!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:31:25 PM »

And being a new version will give the single more chances to become a hit than if it was the album cut. I can't wait for it and hope they'll promote it with many TV appearances, etc.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »

Heavens, just found this thread; pardon me for requesting elsewhere information about the single; I suppose we do not know when it's coming out. . . .looking forward to it for sure.
TommyPlural
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »

I assume the slight change in lyrics they've been doing at the shows lately are part of the single version. I don't remember specifically what it was but in the bridge at the Pine Knob show there were some changes... "be lovers again" instead of "go steady again" and something else.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »

Seriously, if the powers that be are reading this, quirk up that chorus with horns/strings, get Al on lead, Bruce on the bridge, truncate/spruce up the tag and then sit back and watch it sell a million units Cool Guy

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »

Isn't It Time for another single..?!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 08:26:27 PM »

Seriously, if the powers that be are reading this, quirk up that chorus with horns/strings, get Al on lead, Bruce on the bridge, truncate/spruce up the tag and then sit back and watch it sell a million units Cool Guy

Are you crazy?
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 08:38:26 PM »

As much as I try to imagine it, I can't see how horns or strings could add to the chorus, unless the song was radically restructured/rearranged. It just seems like it would be unnecessarily busy. I think they could make the chorus rock a little harder, though. An electric guitar comes in, but it doesn't hit as hard as it could. Upping the distortion and gain a bit could possibly do wonders. The bridge maybe could use a tasteful synth or fuzzy synth bass, too.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »

Love you bass = Amazing addition

mabewa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 09:25:21 PM »

I'm all for Al singing as much lead vocals as possible, seeing that he is easily the best vocalist in the band these days, but I really like how Brian, Bruce, Al, Mike and Jeff trade vocals on the existing track. 
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

yeah the trade off is key for this song.  Al's part is that much catchier cause of it.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 06:58:53 PM »

I just noticed that Mike says they have worked on the bridge, which is my least favorite part of the song, as dear dear Jeff sings alone. Any dispassionate listener would agree that this is a karaoke moment that must be fixed; it is not a BB moment and ought not to be in the song. I respect Jeff as a sideman, friend, lovingly devoted band member, facilitator of this reunion, and nostalgic re-creator of some of Carl's parts, but that bridge is sour and off; please, yes, focus on that part of the song before re-release. Let the BB, for heaven's sake, sing it with Jeff blended and not soloing. Sorry Jeff; I do not mean to be harsh, just honest as a critic.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »

I just noticed that Mike says they have worked on the bridge, which is my least favorite part of the song, as dear dear Jeff sings alone. Any dispassionate listener would agree that this is a karaoke moment that must be fixed; it is not a BB moment and ought not to be in the song. I respect Jeff as a sideman, friend, lovingly devoted band member, facilitator of this reunion, and nostalgic re-creator of some of Carl's parts, but that bridge is sour and off; please, yes, focus on that part of the song before re-release. Let the BB, for heaven's sake, sing it with Jeff blended and not soloing. Sorry Jeff; I do not mean to be harsh, just honest as a critic.

Hopefully they do  something to sweeten Brian's opening few lines of the song as well.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »

No thanks. Sounds fine to me.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »

I'm gonna assume that the "single version" of "Isn't It Time" is going to be on the upcoming hits album, along with the "hits" and some new/unreleased songs, thereby giving hardcore fans like us another reason to buy it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:52:56 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 10:37:34 PM »

We are talking the Beach Boys here.

Never assume! Grin
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »

I'm still not into the idea of Jeff having so many lead spots on the album (mainly for the reasons stated by the professor), so I'm glad to hear the bridge has been changed to involve harmonies from the band.

I could totally picture horns in this song.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »

Is this the first video of the new version?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GulPkzOC_qA

Mike with Jeff on the bridge, the switching of 'use' to 'like' plus others.

Sorry if it has been mentioned in gig threads.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 01:40:50 AM »

yeah, they've been playing it like that for a few weeks now.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 02:00:43 AM »

Actually it's the first time I hear the "like" instead of "used".
But yes, they are singing the new bridge for some time now.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx