gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681240 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4080 Members - Latest Member: endoftheshow May 30, 2024, 08:19:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Usa Vs. Uk (Music)  (Read 5337 times)
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 01:05:15 AM »

What about music of the Caribbean? As rich and diverse as anything from the US or UK  Afro Cool Guy

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said "Banana!"
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 03:14:29 AM »

Anytime i'd ask someone who had a grater impact on music the usa or uk? they always say the uk :/

Your friends are all idiots.

Rock & Roll
Jazz
Blues
Hip Hop
R&B
Country
Disco

ALL created in the good old U.S.A.  The good bands from the UK are only good because they make it in the USA.  If they never make it in the USA, they're not considered good.

Other things the USA is better at than the UK:

Starting Wars
Ending Wars
Posting ridiculously obnoxious posts on smileysmile.net ( Smiley )
Making movies people want to see
making clothes people want to wear
inventing indoor plumbing
tooth care
Hot women
Rednecks, Homosexuals, Immigrants, Illegal Immigrants, Hillbillies, Cajuns, Texans, Liberals, Conservatives, etc. all living together, hating each other, but in general resisting the urge to kill each other.

Nothing quite as great or as bad as the USA, that's why the USA has had a bigger impact on the music of the world.  The only music we didn't pioneer that's worth a sh*t was pioneered before we existed. 

Apart from the African influence I'd say that America had quite a considerable musical influence from the celtic shores of Ireland.

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 08:03:38 AM »

Well DUH, but I don't see any Celtics that look like B.B. King.  Mute it all you want, the USA completely *OWNS* the music scene, and has for 100 years. 

"But... But"

But sh*t.  USA Rocks. 
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 08:44:49 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3wgoaONzwo&feature=related

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 08:49:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJkeVkYq8Es
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 08:53:05 AM »

Well DUH, but I don't see any Celtics that look like B.B. King.  Mute it all you want, the USA completely *OWNS* the music scene, and has for 100 years. 

"But... But"

But sh*t.  USA Rocks. 

Historically, the most powerful places have had the strongest arts cultures - it has less to do with being genetically disposed or anything like that. It has to do with power and, now, wealth.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 07:35:22 AM »

"But... But"

But sh*t.  USA Rocks. 

Historically, the most powerful places have had the strongest arts cultures - it has less to do with being genetically disposed or anything like that. It has to do with power and, now, wealth.
[/quote

Did I say it was genetically disposed?  Did I say it was anything other than 'power' or 'wealth' ?  No.  All I said was that the USA owns sh*t. 

Denying that it has a genetic disposition is silly anyways, because the USA is the most diverse place on earth!  Everybody here is an immigrant or the descendant of an immigrant, of course there's no genetic disposition because there's no American genetic. 
Jason
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2012, 04:46:45 PM »

Neither. Brazil.
Dead Parrot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 10:25:01 PM »

If we're talking about popular western music of the last 60 years, then I prefer to look at it this way. It was the USA that mined the diamond, and the UK that polished it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx