gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680994 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 02:43:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New David Marks Interviews  (Read 1227 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »

Admin. Delete or flip to media if not wanted here.

Looks like the same format as the Bruce clips a few weeks back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM9bftj_OtA&feature=channel&list=UL
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 03:02:42 PM by Undesirable Element » Logged
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 08:10:39 PM »

I wish the David interviews asked about his work on the new album, which I am continuing to think is formidable.  And while on the subject of David, have you seen him as the lone BB on stage playing "Pet sounds" with the BB orchestra?  Heavens, just how much redemption can we take?  I just read Jon's book the Lost BB, which is outstanding for its lean prose style , agile narrative art, vivid ability to recreate scenes historically, and its measured warmth.  I read it flying to and on the Beach at Hawaii, part of a three weeks journey where i played the new album on the Jersey shore, redondo beach and on the beach at Kauai. I was too blessed, and the music is too good; it sustained my every though in the day and lulled me to sleep with the waves at night.

History is daily writing a new chapter of Jon's book in a way I could never have dreamed. For me, David is the sine qua non of this reunion.Just cherish his bright, classic BB rhythm line throughout the title track, which you can hear him playing in concert.  Wow. Perhaps someone better with words than I can explain these endless moments of redemption for Dave, for all the BB (cf.Mike's unexplained ovation the other night, which took him aback), and for us as well.
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:45:07 PM »

It's because Dave's STILL THERE. He's the authentic conduit to the original Beach Boy sound. It's still immediate for him. It's not just a nostalgia twinge like it is for the rest of them.

If you want it reduce to the simplest terms, it's just this: rockin' lead guitar.

Brian for the most part wrote 'guitar' out of the Beach Boys equation after 'Beach Boys Today'.

Carl was complicit in this too. He didn't pursue guitar like Dave did, and without Dave the guitar element in the Beach Boys music withered.

Now Dave is back. I wonder sometimes if the rest of the Beach Boys fully fathom their good luck in that respect.

Mike does, I know that. Thank you, Dave. Thank you, Mike.

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »

Re the Prof asking about why there is no new album questions. Like the Bruce interviews in the same series, these may be from some time ago.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx