gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681051 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 18, 2024, 05:35:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!  (Read 573011 times)
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: August 07, 2012, 07:20:56 AM »

I'm getting them all. And funnily enough the price for all of them will probably be just a bit above what you have to pay for three-four of the Japanese issues Grin
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:22:56 AM by tansen » Logged

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1051 on: August 07, 2012, 07:24:24 AM »

These are listed at the UK site also, aloing with this:

Greatest Hits: 50 Big Ones [Import]
Beach Boys (Artist) | Format: Audio CD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatest-Hits-50-Big-Ones/dp/B008U6QAA0/

So, 50 Big Ones it is!  No further details given as yet.

CORRECTION: other than the Sept 25 release date, same as the imported remasters.

Imported to the UK, that is: the US and Japanese ASIN numbers appear to differ on the different Amazon sites.  This might be US discs after all, Phil; that price might well fall.

Permission to be insufferably smug and say "told ya so" at ten minute intervals ?  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 07, 2012, 07:25:01 AM »

So, 50 Big Ones it is!  No further details given as yet.

CORRECTION: other than the Sept 25 release date, same as the imported remasters.

Imported to the UK, that is: the US and Japanese ASIN numbers appear to differ on the different Amazon sites.  This might be US discs after all, Phil; that price might well fall.

Permission to be insufferably smug and say "told ya so" at ten minute intervals ?  Roll Eyes

Permission granted. Grin
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:26:37 AM by tansen » Logged

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 07, 2012, 07:36:12 AM »

See, we all just needed a little patience.  September 25th will be a great day for the Beach Boys catalog in the US.
USA! USA! USA!

Cool Guy Smokin Afro Undecided Lips Sealed Evil Evil Cool Guy Wink Razz LOL Embarrassed

f*** yeah!

Now we Brits and other Europeans is gonna bitch!

“We live in divisive times.”
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 07, 2012, 08:31:19 AM »

320GB? That's not even enough to hold a single txt file.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 07, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »

What have you written? War & Peace meets The Bible meets In Search of Lost Time?

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 07, 2012, 08:47:48 AM »

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 07, 2012, 09:00:46 AM »

Imported to the UK, that is: the US and Japanese ASIN numbers appear to differ on the different Amazon sites.  This might be US discs after all, Phil; that price might well fall.

Permission to be insufferably smug and say "told ya so" at ten minute intervals ?  Roll Eyes
We all (most) know to trust you. Just a shame about not knowing about U.S. release of the Mono/Stereo albums. Could have saved me $50.00 on the 3 titles I ordered. So Andrew, are these in addition to or in place of the Box Set?

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 07, 2012, 09:10:28 AM »

Yesterday's doom and gloom looks like crazy talk now. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 07, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »

We all (most) know to trust you. Just a shame about not knowing about U.S. release of the Mono/Stereo albums. Could have saved me $50.00 on the 3 titles I ordered. So Andrew, are these in addition to or in place of the Box Set?

Maybe they'll be bundled into a box as well!  :D

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 07, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »

You got three for $50? Bargain!  Course, a real fan would buy the Japanese, US and European* issues in case of pressing differences.

* European? I'm a-hopin'!

tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 07, 2012, 09:25:50 AM »

I think he meant that the price he paid is equal to three US titles plus $50. But that estimate can't be right (as I'm guessing the US versions will go for about $11-12 bucks each when released), which means it's about $60-63 that could have been 'saved'.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:34:21 AM by tansen » Logged

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 07, 2012, 09:38:36 AM »

You got three for $50? Bargain!  Course, a real fan would buy the Japanese, US and European* issues in case of pressing differences.

I wish! Smiley No, I paid $35/disc versus these new U.S. ones at $20 + shipping. The difference being close to $50. I could have bought 5 U.S. versions for what I paid for the 3 Japanese versions.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 07, 2012, 09:40:25 AM »

I have feeling that 50BO will be a VERY average compilation consisting of hardly anything beyond Endless Summer + PS hits + GetchaBack & Kokomo
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1064 on: August 07, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »

Imported to the UK, that is: the US and Japanese ASIN numbers appear to differ on the different Amazon sites.  This might be US discs after all, Phil; that price might well fall.

Permission to be insufferably smug and say "told ya so" at ten minute intervals ?  Roll Eyes

The rebooted box set is a different project entirely. Patience, my robots... patience.  Smiley

I have feeling that 50BO will be a VERY average compilation consisting of hardly anything beyond Endless Summer + PS hits + GetchaBack & Kokomo

I have a feeling it will consist of 50 tracks dating 1961-2012, and that the vast majority will be US charting singles. For Joe Q. Public, I'd call that an outstanding compilation.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:50:47 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: August 07, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Where is a certain Mr. Cohen today? Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SBonilla
« Reply #1066 on: August 07, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »

Can anyone fill in for him?
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 07, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »

The rebooted box set is a different project entirely. Patience, my robots... patience.  Smiley

(repeat this robotically)

we live to serve AGD... we live to serve AGD... we live to serve AGD... we live to serve AGD... we live to serveAGD....
we live to serve AGD...
i am a robot... i am a robot... i am a robot... i am a robot... i am a robot... i am a robot... i am a robot... i am a robot...

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 07, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »

I wish! Smiley No, I paid $35/disc versus these new U.S. ones at $20 + shipping. The difference being close to $50. I could have bought 5 U.S. versions for what I paid for the 3 Japanese versions.

Only the new ones won't cost $20/disc, but more like $12/disc. So in reality that's about 8 U.S. versions for 3 Japanese. Not to rub it in or anything (unless of course you're Phil Cohen). Wink

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 07, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »

Finally! hopefully tho it'll have some bonsu and that 50 Big Ones won't be just a simple greatest hits
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 07, 2012, 10:09:24 AM »

Can anyone fill in for him?

All this means is that WallOfSilence is now screwing the fans at an unprecedented level: if these are the mono and stereo remasters, the fans have been raked over the coals being forced to pay for them twice. If they are the remasters, the lack of any marketing muscle tells me that they will be somehow inferior, and may be just reissues of the late-90s single disc releases. Worse, they might be lossy audio or contain subpar packaging written in Portuguese. Most likely these are an error with Amazon, because there's been no word from the Capitol tower! And Brian Wilson hasn't tweeted anything. Nor have we seen a tracklist. They could be coming out in 8-track. Also, I believe Capitol is just buying time and they have contracted with God to direct an asteroid to come crashing into the earth and ending life as we know it, thus getting them off the hook so they won't have to answer to the hard-working fans for their WallOfSilence and how it has exploited and oppressed we the 99%, and we should Occupy Tower to protest this outrage! There aren't even any bonus tracks!!! The Cubs will win the World Series before we get product from Capitol that will make me happy!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 07, 2012, 10:09:34 AM »

Incredible...

Still a few disappointing exclusions  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 07, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »

By the way, thank you Smiley Smile Net posters!  This news came just in time for me to cancel one of the Japan CDs I'd ordered from Amazon USA.

I've now ordered all 12 of the "real" USA ones coming Sept. 25, plus the 2 GH sets.

DROOL SLOBBER

USA!  USA!  USA!  USA!

Tongue

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 07, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »

On the basis of the last few days' performance I'd say the Phil knocking is somewhat misplaced – he's posted some darn useful info and even on one occasion out-expertised our resident expert!  Pessimism aside, he's one damn knowledgeable guy and goes into stuff very thoroughly. That he has a different outlook on the outcome can be bloody infuriating but I'll take my hat off to him - he's filled in a fair few blanks recently.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 07, 2012, 10:12:05 AM »

I have a feeling it will consist of 50 tracks dating 1961-2012, and that the vast majority will be US charting singles. For Joe Q. Public, I'd call that an outstanding compilation.

Was just wonderin'. Seems like a whole lot of Beach Boys for a one year period, including TSS from last November.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,