gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681051 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 18, 2024, 05:58:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!  (Read 573012 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 01, 2012, 10:07:43 PM »

The fact that a Japanese only Smiley Smile Remaster is almost one of the 15,000 highest selling albums on the most active marketplace in the world makes me gasp in awe.

Capitol, SMILEY IS SELLING. LET'S GO.

Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 01, 2012, 10:13:50 PM »

Let's not forget it's about $35 more than most any album on the site as well.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: August 02, 2012, 02:33:19 AM »

The "leader" that I was refering to is Mr.Doe, because so many of you stand behind him when he launches offensives against me.

Ever considered that this could be because they generally agree with me when I (successfully and accurately) point out you have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about concerning (insert recent Capitol/BB product of your choice here) ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 02, 2012, 03:31:33 AM »

Yes, I agree, Lord.

“We live in divisive times.”
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 02, 2012, 06:46:53 AM »

i just want one of the Today tunes to pop up on youtube.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: August 02, 2012, 07:02:10 AM »

The fact that a Japanese only Smiley Smile Remaster is almost one of the 15,000 highest selling albums on the most active marketplace in the world makes me gasp in awe.

Capitol, SMILEY IS SELLING. LET'S GO.

Meanwhile, "Sunflower" is ranked #2,017,212.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 02, 2012, 08:15:11 AM »

i just want one of the Today tunes to pop up on youtube.

+1

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 02, 2012, 09:18:01 AM »

Ever considered that this could be because they generally agree with me when I (successfully and accurately) point out you have no idea whatsoever what you're talking about concerning (insert recent Capitol/BB product of your choice here) ?

We live only to do your bidding, Your Excellency!!!!

Wink

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 02, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »

Wink

Sometimes I feel very sad.  Sad

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 02, 2012, 10:09:33 AM »

No need to feel sad because:

The best part of breakin' up, is when your makin' up...
PhilCohen
« Reply #935 on: August 02, 2012, 11:04:52 AM »

Wink

....an honest robot.
jonsuissy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 02, 2012, 11:09:49 AM »

Wink

....an honest robot.

One assumes that irony doesn't translate into American?
PhilCohen
« Reply #937 on: August 02, 2012, 11:12:30 AM »

Could we just fast forward to the bit where they come out here and you howl like a stuck pig over being "forced" to buy the Japanese discs?

I won't howl like a stuck pig, because:

1.We don't know if the discs will ever be released outside Japan, or whether "selected tracks" from the stereo remixes might appear in a future compilation.

2.I never planned on buying all 12 Japanese discs. To me, 3 of them are redundant & pointless("Pet Sounds", "Sunflower", "Surf's up"). I ordered the 3 that I consider essential("Today", "Summer Days...and Summer Nights!" & "Smiley Smile")
   Whatever stereo mixes debut on other discs in the Japanese series are simulated stereo. And as for the five albums whose mono mixes are making their CD debut, I don't consider those mono mixes to be essential, because I prefer stereo.

3.Buy "Pet Sounds" again? I already have eight official editions, and two bootleg 4-CD sets of "Pet Sounds" outtakes.

4. There's a way that I can recoup some of the expense of the Japanese discs, and hence, subsidize my purchase of a few more discs in the series. I may eventually buy "Beach Boys Party" from the Japanese series.
PhilCohen
« Reply #938 on: August 02, 2012, 12:15:46 PM »

For those of you who ordered from CD Banq, have they actually shipped the product to any forum member? Though I ordered from them, I've noted that they have no artwork images(for these editions) to show on their website, which makes me question whether they've ever had these discs in stock.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 02, 2012, 01:09:32 PM »

For those of you who ordered from CD Banq, have they actually shipped the product to any forum member? Though I ordered from them, I've noted that they have no artwork images(for these editions) to show on their website, which makes me question whether they've ever had these discs in stock.
Yeah, I wonder too. Placed my order on the 27th and still no shipment notification in my email. Checked in there system and it says it is in "Fulfillment", but it has said that since Tuesday.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #940 on: August 02, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »

One assumes that irony doesn't translate into American?

No. One doesn't.

(bzzzt-click-whirrrrrrr)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:53:50 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #941 on: August 02, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »

If consumers aren't very very careful in ordering, what they'll receive won't be the 2012 Japan CD's. It's unfortunate that I've been banned(for more than 2 years) from posting at the Steve Hoffman forums, because one member of that forum is boasting of having ordered the "Smiley Smile" CD at DeepDiscountCD.com   /What that consumer will receive is NOT the 2012 edition, but actually an earlier, 2009 Japan edition. That dealer isn't listing any of the 2012 editions.

As for my own attempts to obtain the new CD's, I'm hoping that CD Banq will be able to supply the product. Actually, I would have preferred to buy the CD's from CD Japan, the company which has long been my source for Japanese CD's. If the claim made by CD Japan's owner is true, I resent Capitol Records for ordering their Japanese affiliate not to sell these discs to CD Japan. Does Capitol think that their belligerent act towards this one dealer will really stop the discs from being exported to the U.S.A. & Europe?
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 02, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »

If consumers aren't very very careful in ordering, what they'll receive won't be the 2012 Japan CD's. It's unfortunate that I've been banned(for more than 2 years) from posting at the Steve Hoffman forums, because one member of that forum is boasting of having ordered the "Smiley Smile" CD at DeepDiscountCD.com   /What that consumer will receive is NOT the 2012 edition, but actually an earlier, 2009 Japan edition. That dealer isn't listing any of the 2012 editions.

You're wrong. Read Deep Discount's description and release date. It's the right edition.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/cd/BEACH-BOYS-SMILEY-SMILE-IMPORT

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 02, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »

I think a great idea would be to give us a concert from each year (of the 50 years), yeah, that means 50 discs or so. But wouldn't that be amazing? Is there at least 1 concert recorded from every year in some way? Even if they gave us the best quality tracks in a box set of 5 discs, I wouldn't mind. Anything ranging from first performances of a song to rarities.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 02, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »

Yeah, I wonder too. Placed my order on the 27th and still no shipment notification in my email. Checked in there system and it says it is in "Fulfillment", but it has said that since Tuesday.

That's what mine says as well.  I have no reason to be concerned about it yet.  I ordered from a guy on eBay a couple days before cdbanq and I also don't know where that stands.  But it is coming from Japan so I give it extra time.  
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:27:56 PM by TV Forces » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #945 on: August 02, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »

That's what mine says as well.  I have no reason to be concerned about it yet.  I ordered from a guy on eBay a couple days before cdbanq and I also don't know where that stands.  But it is coming from Japan so I give it extra time.  

CD Banq is in Taiwan.
PhilCohen
« Reply #946 on: August 02, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »

If consumers aren't very very careful in ordering, what they'll receive won't be the 2012 Japan CD's. It's unfortunate that I've been banned(for more than 2 years) from posting at the Steve Hoffman forums, because one member of that forum is boasting of having ordered the "Smiley Smile" CD at DeepDiscountCD.com   /What that consumer will receive is NOT the 2012 edition, but actually an earlier, 2009 Japan edition. That dealer isn't listing any of the 2012 editions.

You're wrong. Read Deep Discount's description and release date. It's the right edition.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/cd/BEACH-BOYS-SMILEY-SMILE-IMPORT

Just as it was when I searched Ebay, a search of DeepDiscount yielded only earlier Japanese pressings, yet links offered on this forum resulted in the 2012 edition becoming visible. Perhaps the "Search" function on those websites responds differently because I'm using a MAC computer.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:28:10 PM by PhilCohen » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 02, 2012, 04:27:28 PM »

Just as it was when I searched Ebay, a search of DeepDiscount yielded only earlier Japanese pressings, yet links offered on this forum resulted in the 2012 editions being visible. Who knows; maybe the "search" function on those websites responds differently because I use a MAC computer.

Sure.  Roll Eyes

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
PhilCohen
« Reply #948 on: August 02, 2012, 04:46:11 PM »

I don't know how many Beach Boys fans are aware of these 12 Japanese CD's(probably only avid fans who frequent internet forums), but if more fans were aware of the discs, there would be the potential to sell tens of thousand of these discs to fans all over the world, but, instead Capitol turns its back defiantly. The record industry complains that people don't buy as many CD's as they once did, but Capitol willfully makes it frustrating, costly and difficult to obtain these discs. The record industry complains about unauthorized uploading, downloading and copying, but in offering these discs only in Japan and making them costly and scarce, they set the stage for (guess what?)......."piracy".

I'm O.K. with the idea of manufacturing a CD or box set centrally(I.E. in one country) for the entire world, like Universal Music does with many of its box sets(which are manufactured in Germany), but then Universal's U.K. & U.S.A. affiliates distribute these German pressings, ensuring that they will be easily obtainable for British & American customers.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 02, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »

Just as it was when I searched Ebay, a search of DeepDiscount yielded only earlier Japanese pressings, yet links offered on this forum resulted in the 2012 edition becoming visible. Perhaps the "Search" function on those websites responds differently because I'm using a MAC computer.

If you say so..  I just went to eBay, typed in "beach boys japan," and there they were.  

CD Banq is in Taiwan.

not great to hear.  they were just flooded with almost 5 feet of typhoon rain.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:07:41 PM by TV Forces » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 104 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx