gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681051 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 18, 2024, 06:13:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!  (Read 573012 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »

03. Ad Sam Music To Your Day
… wonder what Sam'll have to say about that

My press team and lawyers are working on a statement as we speak.....

(you probably aren't referring to me  Grin)

Thinking about the guy they're singing about on track 3!  Grin

If the Beach Boys think they're adding my music to their day without paying the royalties, I'll have to get the lawyers involved!  Grin
The student has learned well from Mike Love. Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2012, 05:08:23 PM »

I think it's a little naive to think that such a monumental release like this will only be available in Japan. Wait and see.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »

I think it's a little naive to think that such a monumental release like this will only be available in Japan. Wait and see.

They already released the entire back catalog in Japan as mini-LPs, with deluxe packaging. They put them in boxed sets. But that monumental release never left Japan.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2012, 05:36:32 PM »

They already released the entire back catalog in Japan as mini-LPs, with deluxe packaging. They put them in boxed sets. But that monumental release never left Japan.

I know. That time it wasn't 'newly' remastered by Mark Linett though. Like I said, I really don't think you need to worry.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2012, 06:05:02 PM »

I know. That time it wasn't 'newly' remastered by Mark Linett though. Like I said, I really don't think you need to worry.

I'm not worrying. I'm just saying I doubt it will happen. Things are newly remastered for Japan. The company there has its own money.
PhilCohen
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »

If the discs are Japan-only, I've got to be realistic, given my monthly budget. The only ones that I'm going to purchase will be "Summer Days...and Summer Nights!" and "Smiley Smile".

I'm mainly interested in stereo mixes. I'm basically satisfied with the "Sea of Tunes" bootleg stereo mix of "Beach Boys Party"(despite the brief imperfection during "Devoted to You"), and I've created an excellent homemade stereo disc of "The Beach Boys Today", using a combination of "Sea of Tunes" and Capitol remixes.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2012, 08:14:28 PM »

If the discs are Japan-only, I've got to be realistic, given my monthly budget. The only ones that I'm going to purchase will be "Summer Days...and Summer Nights!" and "Smiley Smile".

I'm mainly interested in stereo mixes. I'm basically satisfied with the "Sea of Tunes" bootleg stereo mix of "Beach Boys Party"(despite the brief imperfection during "Devoted to You"), and I've created an excellent homemade stereo disc of "The Beach Boys Today", using a combination of "Sea of Tunes" and Capitol remixes.

It's really great to know this.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2012, 08:17:45 PM »

.. Roll Eyes
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »

It's really great to know this.

I think it's actually good info, knowing that those mixes already exist in some way could influence a few to hold off.

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »

Roll Eyes
PhilCohen
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2012, 08:30:03 PM »

To buy the complete set of 12 Japanese discs(assuming that you purchase them directly from Japanese dealers, and depending on whether the discs are full-price or mid-price) will cost between $300 & $420. That's some serious money. There's one forum member who probably does know if the discs will eventually be released in the U.S.A., UK & Europe, but that forum member will likely refuse to tell us, citing confidentiality and not betraying his insider friends. Unfortunately, that forum member's defiant silence may lead to thousands of people needlessly overpaying to obtain this music on pricey Japanese discs. If exploitation of the fans is the byproduct of his secrecy, then that individual has to live with himself.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »

Alright, I'll spill, We're getting our own remasters.

An Amazing set too!

-Light Album (Bonus Christmas Tracks)
-M.I.U Album
-Still Crusin'
-Summer In Paradise (With the unreleased Bruce song "It's a Full House!"

All for the cheap price of $300 with an amazing SURFBOARD STYLED BOX!

PhilCohen
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »

Alright, I'll spill, We're getting our own remasters.

An Amazing set too!

-Light Album (Bonus Christmas Tracks)
-M.I.U Album
-Still Crusin'
-Summer In Paradise (With the unreleased Bruce song "It's a Full House!"

All for the cheap price of $300 with an amazing SURFBOARD STYLED BOX!

You're joking, right?

Actually, the person I'm referring to, who could tell us if the remastered discs will eventually be released outside of Japan........is Mr.Doe.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2012, 09:00:23 PM »

I KNOW LOL

Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2012, 09:01:20 PM »

Unfortunately, that forum member's defiant silence may lead to thousands of people needlessly overpaying to obtain this music on pricey Japanese discs. If exploitation of the fans is the byproduct of his secrecy, then that individual has to live with himself.

Nonsense. What kind of "exploitation" is going on here? Nobody is forcing fans to buy this. There's no deception of any kind -- it's obvious from the press release that these releases are intended only for Japan.

Yes, it'd be a shame if these never hit the States. But anyone who thinks they're being exploited or treated unfairly needs to get real.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »

Unfortunately, that forum member's defiant silence may lead to thousands of people needlessly overpaying to obtain this music on pricey Japanese discs. If exploitation of the fans is the byproduct of his secrecy, then that individual has to live with himself.

Nonsense. What kind of "exploitation" is going on here? Nobody is forcing fans to buy this. There's no deception of any kind -- it's obvious from the press release that these releases are intended only for Japan.

Yes, it'd be a shame if these never hit the States. But anyone who thinks they're being exploited or treated unfairly needs to get real.

I agree with Phil, I REALLY WANT SMILEY SMILE and i've waited too long for it already, not even saying "you're eventually gonna get this" is wrong.

PhilCohen
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2012, 09:07:11 PM »

But, if the Japan-only status is only for 3 to 6 months, then the fans should know, so they can make an informed choice of whether or not to wait. Remember, the original CD release of "Pet Sounds" was Japan-only too...but of course, it was later released in the U.s.A., after several touring Beach Boys dropped their objections.
Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2012, 09:07:55 PM »

I agree with Phil, I REALLY WANT SMILEY SMILE and i've waited too long for it already, not even saying "you're eventually gonna get this" is wrong.

No, it's not. What makes anyone entitled to any unannounced releases? It'd be different if they announced a U.S. reissue program that turned out to be a $400 import option from Japan. That's deceiving. That's also not what's going on.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »

But on the other hand, I don't think it's fair to blame Andrew, he's being loyal, and it's not his job to tell us what capitol already should.

Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »

But, if the Japan-only status is only for 3 to 6 months, then the fans should know, so they can make an informed choice of whether or not to wait.

I'm not arguing whether or not that would be nice. I'm arguing whether or not that's wrong, which it is not. Inconveniencing, maybe, but that's it.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2012, 09:10:21 PM »

Ok so when a game gets released in Japan, and I import it for $120, and have no signs of it coming to the U.S. then it gets brought over, I have the right to feel cheated.

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »

I don't have to sweat it. I got my man Pudge Martin walkin' the streets of Kagoshima right now as we speak. He's got friends in every town and village from Sapporo to Nagasaki. He speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the remastered CDs already.

Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2012, 09:14:30 PM »

Ok so when a game gets released in Japan, and I import it for $120, and have no signs of it coming to the U.S. then it gets brought over, I have the right to feel cheated.

Why? You're the one who made the decision to import it in the first place.

Bottom line: there's nothing morally wrong about releasing product in one country and not another, and then making the decision down the line to release it somewhere else. Bad timing, inconvenient, expensive, yes. But there's no cheating or deception going on.
PhilCohen
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »

And why is it that Japan gets priority for this new Beach Boys archival product, when the core of the group's fan base is in North America, The Uk & Europe? Do these markets and these fans not matter to Capitol & EMI ?
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2012, 09:20:21 PM »

And why is it that Japan gets priority for this new Beach Boys archival product, when the core of the group's fan base is in North America, The Uk & Europe? Do these markets and these fans not matter to Capitol & EMI ?

Damn straight! We fought their kind in the Great War...and we kicked the livin' sh*t outta them!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 104 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx