gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681051 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 18, 2024, 06:45:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!  (Read 573013 times)
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »

If I can get a stereo In the Back of My Mind showing off that stellar backing track as if it were a Pet Sound track, I will be a very, very happy man.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »

I. Can't. Fodaing. Wait.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 10:07:04 AM »

They look exactly like the beatles reissues.

That's what I thought too – very similar packaging to the Beatles stereo releases any way.

Maybe the box set treatment?

Maybe this is what AGD's spending his time on, instead of posting here (edit:) with his former regularity (end edit) as he ought.

Evil
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:12:35 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
Jason
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:21 AM »

I wonder if these will have bonus tracks...
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »

Same here Ego..would be great for the summer but I wouldn't be surprised if they released it in the US with the big wave of other archival stuff in the fall that's already been reported (box set, live album etc...).  You never know. 

Either way, I'm so glad this is happening, just as I had hoped.  Hope they release 20/20, Friends and Wild Honey in the same batch.  Question is do we get a beautiful box set like the Beatles remasters?  That would be the cherry on top.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 10:11:16 AM »

… and I wonder how the world's first release of Smiley Smile in stereo will get over the Good Vibes hurdle?

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »

I'm soooooo thankful I held out and didn't buy any of the Japanese mini-LP CDs.  These will do just fine.  I shall make room on the shelf for the shiny box set that is sure to package all these great releases......
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 10:14:54 AM »

… and I wonder how the world's first release of Smiley Smile in stereo will get over the Good Vibes hurdle?

Oooh, good point! There's a bunch of mono only tracks from the catalog though, it will be interesting to see how they are presented.
I'm hoping we get a US/rest of the world announcent really soon.
Just when you think it can't get any better to be a Beach Boys fan in 2012.....

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »

Oooh, good point! There's a bunch of mono only tracks from the catalog though, it will be interesting to see how they are presented.
maybe they will be fake stereo like capitol did with some of the beatles american stuff..
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »

I'm soooooo thankful I held out and didn't buy any of the Japanese mini-LP CDs.  These will do just fine.  I shall make room on the shelf for the shiny box set that is sure to package all these great releases......

Same, but let's just hope it isn't only just for Japan now..
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 10:20:16 AM »

Here's hoping that there's a 24 bit digital release to accompany these.

I'm bummed that Holland and Love you didn't make the cut, though.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 10:20:52 AM »

I'd prefer the "Past Masters" approach to non-LP cuts.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »

maybe they will be fake stereo like capitol did with some of the beatles american stuff..

I can't see them doing that....

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 10:21:40 AM »

Note to Mods: could this and the "Japanese CD Remasters 2012" thread be merged please, perhaps under the title "Japanese CD Remasters 2012".

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:13 AM »

Note to Mods: could this and the "New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters" thread be merged please, perhaps under the title "Japanese CD Remasters 2012".

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:15 AM »

I'd prefer the "Past Masters" approach to non-LP cuts.

I feel just the opposite. Even doubling up mono and stereo, there's still tons of room on each disc for bonus tracks. I'll already be spending enough as it is to have to buy another disc of material that would easily fit on the standard catalog albums.

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »

Will we ultimately see a "Summer In Paradise" reissue? That is the real question. And can they include both mixes?

Still Cruisin' Deluxe Edition! Bring it! Island GIrl mono mix!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »

Here's hoping that there's a 24 bit digital release to accompany these.

I'm bummed that Holland and Love you didn't make the cut, though.

I'd hold out hope - the catalogue might be released in batches… if memory serves, the original 2-fers didn't all come out simultaneously.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 10:26:03 AM »

Capitol must have spent a good load of cash on this project so I doubt they'd limit it to one country.  What we're probably seeing here is this Japanese site announcing it before everyone else.  Who knows...they may even have the remasters released there first before everywhere else?  Either way, I shall expect an annoucement for the worldwide release to be made in the near future.  
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »

The one bad thing about the packaging of the Beatles stereo remasters was the wayi n which the CD's are held - they are put inside a cardboard slip with no inner sleeve. It would be cool if The Beach Boys' remasters had packaging that had mini paper innersleeves like the Beatles' mono box, tucked into the pocket with the booklet instead. I'd pay a couple bucks more each just to have those repro Capitol inners!

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:15 AM »

Since Sunflower and Surf's Up already were in stereo, do you think they'll have bonus tracks ? WIBNTLA maybe ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 10:38:59 AM »

The one bad thing about the packaging of the Beatles stereo remasters was the wayi n which the CD's are held - they are put inside a cardboard slip with no inner sleeve. It would be cool if The Beach Boys' remasters had packaging that had mini paper innersleeves like the Beatles' mono box, tucked into the pocket with the booklet instead. I'd pay a couple bucks more each just to have those repro Capitol inners!

Agree that the Beatles releases were beautifully but clumsily packaged but I'm not too bothered about paper innersleeves… I've got those with my vinyl, and these re-issues ain't vinyl, they're CDs…

… but hey, what if there's going to be a vinyl release series also!?!?

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »

Capitol must have spent a good load of cash on this project so I doubt they'd limit it to one country.  What we're probably seeing here is this Japanese site announcing it before everyone else.  Who knows...they may even have the remasters released there first before everywhere else?  Either way, I shall expect an annoucement for the worldwide release to be made in the near future.  

Well the other japanese cds that are already out aren't from Capitol?
anyway, i sure hope too! and i mostly hope the rest of the catalogue will come out, at least the 70's, and the missin' albums from the 60's! a boxset would be lovely.
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 10:44:31 AM »

TWGMTR =  Smiley

This =  Head Spin Ahhh! Banana  Listening

Can't wait!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:50:27 AM by tansen » Logged

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 10:49:56 AM »

Agreed.  My guess is that we'll be seeing an official nouncement soon....  And this thread will suddenly jump to 50 pages in a day!  LOL

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 104 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx