gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680898 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 06, 2024, 12:07:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson / Al Jardine / Blondie Chaplin Fall 2015 Tour Thread  (Read 100418 times)
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 16, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »

Here are some photos from the New Buffalo show on 11/13/15

Great photos... and props to you for being smarter than I was and getting seats to the left of Brian's piano.  Smiley

37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: November 16, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »

Someone in the front row at the New Buffalo show was wearing a "Keeping It Clean With Al Jardine" shirt! I had to give him a thumbs-up on that one. Smiley

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2015, 06:36:17 PM »

Still waiting for that Pet Sounds UK tour  Tongue

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2015, 08:18:53 PM »

Someone in the front row at the New Buffalo show was wearing a "Keeping It Clean With Al Jardine" shirt! I had to give him a thumbs-up on that one. Smiley

Yup, that was me.   Grin
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: November 17, 2015, 08:55:05 AM »

Heh! Glad to kinda-sorta meet you. (Pendleton shirt over a Smile-era surfer stripe shirt, right after the show)

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
mojoman3061
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 17, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »

I'll be at the show in Biloxi, MS, on December 4.  That's Dennis's birthday.  I wonder what changes they'll make to the setlist because of that?
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 17, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »

I'll be at the show in Biloxi, MS, on December 4.  That's Dennis's birthday.  I wonder what changes they'll make to the setlist because of that?

They could certainly throw in "Forever"...I guess "Little Bird" flew out the window with David...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: November 19, 2015, 02:03:12 PM »

The 11/17 setlist is up on setlists.fm. No surprises. Blondie (and his accompanying three songs) are of course back in the setlist.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-wilson/2015/mahaffey-theater-st-petersburg-fl-3bf57088.html

Can't imagine many surprises in the setlist for the remainder of this tour. I guess it'll be interesting to see if they add "Little Saint Nick" or something like that in the final run of dates.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »

Soundcheck list: Please Let Me Wonder, Don't Worry Baby, Drive-In, Wake the World into Add Some Music, Sail On Sailor, WIBN

Durham NC

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2015, 03:23:27 PM »

Soundcheck list: Please Let Me Wonder, Don't Worry Baby, Drive-In, Wake the World into Add Some Music, Sail On Sailor, WIBN

Durham NC

They haven't done "Add Some Music" on this tour. I was also wondering if, even if Brian doesn't like doing "Busy Doin' Nothin'", they might add "Wake the World" by itself back in.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2015, 06:34:29 PM »

Durham NC

They haven't done "Add Some Music" on this tour. I was also wondering if, even if Brian doesn't like doing "Busy Doin' Nothin'", they might add "Wake the World" by itself back in.

Would really love for "Add Some Music" "Please Let Me Wonder" and "Drive In" to find their way back into the set for tomorrow night.

I would also greatly appreciate any prayers and good vibrations as my uncle is in incredibly critical condition. I've spent the last 36 hrs or so in and out of hospital and ICU's. He's maintained the past few hours, but he's shutting down. He's fought a long and hard fight. If I can make it tomorrow night, I will very desperately need the experience and the joy.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: November 20, 2015, 06:45:07 AM »

Durham NC

Would really love for "Add Some Music" "Please Let Me Wonder" and "Drive In" to find their way back into the set for tomorrow night.

I would also greatly appreciate any prayers and good vibrations as my uncle is in incredibly critical condition. I've spent the last 36 hrs or so in and out of hospital and ICU's. He's maintained the past few hours, but he's shutting down. He's fought a long and hard fight. If I can make it tomorrow night, I will very desperately need the experience and the joy.

Will definitely send all the good vibes possible for you and your uncle....

Here's last night's setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-wilson/2015/carolina-theatre-durham-nc-4bf5679a.html

Looks like "Add Some Music To Your Day" did make it in! As did "Drive In" and "Wake the World." No "Please Let Me Wonder" yet. The did that one in September in San Francisco, and I remember at first feeling like "Oh, so *that's* the unique song they're adding?" and being kind of jaded since they didn't add some freaky song. But then I remember it's an amazing song, and they hadn't done it often lately.

It also appears at that show I may have heard the last performance of "Busy Doin' Nothin'" for awhile if Brian's aversion is anything to go by!

Why they *still* won't add "Funky Pretty" with Blondie there (even after they briefly rehearsed it at soundcheck during the summer) is a mystery. I'd have to guess someone on the stage doesn't like it, or maybe likes it but doesn't want to perform it. I do notice that even on something like "Sail Away" they often have trouble (and I find it amusing, not annoying) trading off lead vocal cues. "Funky Pretty" would require three or four different lead vocalists (if they wanted to replicate the original), and I can picture Brian coming in on the wrong lines every night, and Al coming in on the right line but forgetting the lyrics.

wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 20, 2015, 07:13:09 AM »

They did Please Let Me Wonder at the first show in Waukeegan.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 20, 2015, 07:17:10 AM »

I just go back to when I talked to Matt in June and asked him about Funky Pretty he said they were pushing for it and maybe on the next tour. Who was pushing and if they still are is anyone's guess. Maybe this isn't considered the next tour idk. I wonder myself how long the Pet Sounds shows will be. Similar to before or short?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:18:38 AM by baseball95 » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2015, 07:51:14 AM »

I just go back to when I takes to Matt in June and asked him about Funky Pretty he said they were pushing for it and maybe on the next tour. Who was pushing and if they still are is anyone's guess. Maybe this isn't considered the next tour idk. I wonder myself how long the Pet Sounds shows will be. Similar to before or short?

It’s an interesting question. On previous PS (and Smile) tours, they usually did a full set of other songs, usually around 20-23 songs, and then came back and did the entire album in a second set, and then an encore of a few songs.

I suppose since PS is 13 songs, I could see them doing a 20-song set and then coming back for PS, and you’d have 33 songs, and then the usual 4-5 song encore. That would still at least get closer to the longer shows Brian was doing in the early-mid 2000s. I’m hoping it’s not like 12-15 songs plus PS and encores, which would get them to around the number of songs they’re currently doing.

I’m really hoping they can find a way to make the shows a little longer, especially with the extra vocalists to take on several leads.

It’ll also be interesting if Blondie might be a part of PS shows, since they could still do his usual 2-3 songs in the pre-PS setlist. It would be kinda awesome if they could scoop up Blondie and Dave, do a long kick-ass first set with some cool tracks, and then do PS *on top* of that.

Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 20, 2015, 08:12:43 AM »

Quick question for those who have been to a show recently:

Does Brian seem to be walking better and more upright?

Maybe it was my vantage point, but this summer when I was in the balcony, it seemed he was walking much more gingerly. Last week, when I was front row, I thought he looked more confident and more comfortable walking. Just curious if I'm imagining things...
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 20, 2015, 08:28:06 AM »

Quick question for those who have been to a show recently:

Does Brian seem to be walking better and more upright?

Maybe it was my vantage point, but this summer when I was in the balcony, it seemed he was walking much more gingerly. Last week, when I was front row, I thought he looked more confident and more comfortable walking. Just curious if I'm imagining things...

I thought he looked better.  Especially comparing him to the Jimmy Fallon appearance for C50.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 20, 2015, 10:31:39 AM »

Just walking on my way to class and who's out in front of the PAC.... One Blondie Chaplin, this is just way too cool!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 20, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »

I thank you all for the positive thoughts and vibrations. At 10:55 this morning, we lost my uncle. It was an very peaceful end to a long and complicated battle. He was 46 and has faced a never-ending list of medical problems all his life. My family is insisting I attend tonight. A Brian Wilson concert will be a very special form of music therapy.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 20, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »

I thank you all for the positive thoughts and vibrations. At 10:55 this morning, we lost my uncle. It was an very peaceful end to a long and complicated battle. He was 46 and has faced a never-ending list of medical problems all his life. My family is insisting I attend tonight. A Brian Wilson concert will be a very special form of music therapy.

Sorry to hear that, RubberSoul. Hope the concert will do you well.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: November 20, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »

Durham NC

Wow! Nice.
ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 20, 2015, 12:33:37 PM »

My condolences to you... I'm very sorry for your loss. Life is too short; sometimes I wish there was a "pause" button...
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 20, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »

My condolences, knowing how big of a fan you are I hope the concert tonight will help in some way, I'm sure it will even a little.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 20, 2015, 01:25:26 PM »

Just walking on my way to class and who's out in front of the PAC.... One Blondie Chaplin, this is just way too cool!

Did you say hi?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 20, 2015, 01:27:37 PM »

Did you say hi?
He was on the phone but I waved haha
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx