gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 06, 2024, 10:35:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian signing CD's in Nashville?  (Read 1271 times)
Thunderfingers75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:50:39 PM »

I found this on some random blog so take it with a grain of salt.

"You may recall from our post last week that Brian Wilson is playing The Ryman November 10. And yes, tickets are still available. Well Grimey's has just announced that they'll be hosting the wacky Beach Boy at an in-store signing and brunch on November 9 at 1 p.m. The only catch: you have to buy Wilson's latest album That Lucky Old Sun in order to meet him. "

source: http://blogs.nashvillescene.com/nashvillecream/2008/10/brian_wilson_at_grimeys.php
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:47:21 PM »

Happened in Sydney during the PS tour. Catch was, he was only signing copies of PS live. Although that changed and he signed everything including a surfboard.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 03:36:55 AM »

I must say that I don't find this condition odd, or profit-obsessed at all. I am a huge admirer of a sadly deceased Dutch novelist. About 15 years ago I went to a signing session by him in our best bookstore. I did not know then that it was recommended that you'd bring only his then freshly published poetry volume with you. So: he looked a bit awkward when I presented him with a stack of 10 of his best books, some of them had even been remaindered by then (talk about profit...). But he obliged chivalrously, and I thought afterwards: celebrity or not, you might try to empathize a bit before being critical...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx