gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 10:11:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two very Funny Brian Stories on Howard Stern this week.  (Read 3513 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »

Sorry if this was brought up..but every Thursday they do a segment with the national enquirer, true or false celebrity stories.

Anyway the Brian story was, he's been eating in the same place for years, and he used to tip like crazy, 50 dollars or something, one day though the waitress was shocked because he only tipped 20, his reason was 'sorry my manger told me to cut back'.

Turned out the story was true, and it was much funnier the way the national enquirer guy told it, Howard and all had a good laugh.

Next story, they had Ozzy in promoting his book, he documents this in his book. Curious if this is well known among fans.

He met Brian at a club, just after Dennis died, Brian wanted a picture and when they met Ozzy said sorry about your Brother.

Next day Sharon called Ozzy saying he has to say sorry to Brian Wilson, he said why, and Sharon said because Brian thinks you said "I'm glad your brother died"  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jason
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 01:16:53 PM »

There's a recording going around of when Brian was a guest on Howard's show back in 1998 during the huge promotional campaign for Imagination - Brian was quite lucid and funny in his interview and alternating between going along with Howard's poor taste or being falsely oblivious to it.

A great moment in the interview was when Howard was grilling Brian for information about his sex life and Melinda -

Howard - Yeah, she was like a model or something, right?
Brian - That's right, yeah.
(Howard lets out a HUGE belch)
Robin - Oh, how dare you!
Howard - Oh, I'm sorry, you're a genius, I'm sorry!

Brian was a lot of fun in this interview. He even seemed to laugh it off when Howard referred to Murry's discipline as "when your father used to molest you", which is a tasteless crack even by Howard's standards.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 02:15:52 PM »

I heard that interview, was replayed not too long ago. It was fantastic

Nobody does a better interview with Brian than Howard,

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »

That's great. Who'd a thunk it....Brian Wilson still appreciates a good dick joke at age 67.  Grin
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »

Another funny exchange from a Stern interview:

HOWARD:  How 'bout The Ronettes?  You ever sleep with them?

BRIAN:  Not yet.

A Murry-centric edit of 1 Stern interview can be heard here:

http://myspace.com/MurryWilson

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 09:12:44 AM »

Is there a transcript of this interview from 98?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx