gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681562 Posts in 27643 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 14, 2024, 06:53:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TLOS Question or two...  (Read 1207 times)
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:00:53 PM »

Who is the accordian player shown playing on "Mexican Girl," and why doesn't he get a credit on the CD release?

Also, AGD mentioned on Shut Down that many of the vocals for TLOS are re-engineered versions of the demo vocals, which gets me thinking. Does anyone know which vocals are exclusive to this release? Obviously "Southern California," but I'm thinking also Brian's lead on "Live Let Live," which is considerably more dynamic than the demo version.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Wilsonista
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »

The accordian player is Gary Griffin.  Gary might not have been on the studio CD.

I haven't really done a close a/b of the demos and the CD.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 03:46:32 PM »

Brian's bridge vocal on "California Role" is definitely not recycled from the demo, unless there exists a demo in which Brian sings the bridge instead of Scott.

Ditto TLOS, which has at least one extra verse not present on the demo.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx