gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681553 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 13, 2024, 03:00:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad news re POB/Sony Germany  (Read 15192 times)
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2008, 05:19:55 PM »

Bingo Sony: Take note. Anyone who'd like to read my bannable tirade PM me and I'll send it toi you.
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 09:20:25 AM »

Yes, loveandmercy I am from Calgary too.  Nice to hear from a fellow Calgarian BB fan on the board!  Still no luck anywhere in this city with POB, if you see it in your travels let me know!  I thought about downloading from itunes but I have already ordered several POB cds and I want the high quality audio.  I am not down with highly compressed mp3s, although I very seriously considered it as I was (am) desperate to hear it.  I might have to pick up the vinyl too!
Cheers,
Rich
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 10:25:54 AM »

I ordered my copy from play.com.

Then got an Email back saying there sold out of the digipack edition, and the regular. So I'm pretty gutted.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2008, 01:52:08 PM »

My copy arrived in Australia yesterday - only one week after postage and after Amazon advised me it would take 3 to 4 weeks - YIPPEEE!! Ironically I ordered Poco's The Last Round Up at the same time and it was shipped a week earlier and I am yet to receive it. Have been listening and what a wonderful experience, I'm especially loving Common and the Taylor Hawkin's Holy Man (he sounds soooooo much like Dennis). So much to listen to!! Wonderful packaging. ............ now if only the rest of Australia had the same chance to listen to it - unfortunately Sony Australia is dennying them that opportunity via retail.
musicbiz
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2008, 08:36:32 PM »

My copy arrived in Australia yesterday - only one week after postage and after Amazon advised me it would take 3 to 4 weeks - YIPPEEE!! Ironically I ordered Poco's The Last Round Up at the same time and it was shipped a week earlier and I am yet to receive it. Have been listening and what a wonderful experience, I'm especially loving Common and the Taylor Hawkin's Holy Man (he sounds soooooo much like Dennis). So much to listen to!! Wonderful packaging. ............ now if only the rest of Australia had the same chance to listen to it - unfortunately Sony Australia is dennying them that opportunity via retail.

Yes, what is Australia's problem? I'm in the same boat..... got my disc set from CD Pacific (just waiting the vinyl now!), but how could SonyBMG Australia miss this one? Australia is per capita one of the BB's biggest territories. Apart from laziness from the marketing department in wanting to be bothered, I can't understand why they haven't jumped all over this one! I guess now its pointless them jumping on it..... most of the sales they could have made from old fans have already disappeared offshore, making their marketing task even harder.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »

Yes, what is Australia's problem? I'm in the same boat..... got my disc set from CD Pacific (just waiting the vinyl now!), but how could SonyBMG Australia miss this one? Australia is per capita one of the BB's biggest territories. Apart from laziness from the marketing department in wanting to be bothered, I can't understand why they haven't jumped all over this one! I guess now its pointless them jumping on it..... most of the sales they could have made from old fans have already disappeared offshore, making their marketing task even harder.

Red Eye Records in Sydney have POB on import and it's their NUMBER BLOODY ONE selling album - #1 !!!!!!

Link: http://www.redeye.com.au/iAsk.asp?reion=USA
XY
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2008, 11:56:34 PM »

My thoughts exactly. I'm (im)patiently waiting as well.

And, did your patience pay out or still in the waiting section?

Kinda surprises me that the amazon.de sales rank is very high since weeks (#1 in country - haha), but no chart activity.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2008, 06:29:14 AM »

Ha, it's beating coldplay

Red Eye Records in Sydney have POB on import and it's their NUMBER BLOODY ONE selling album - #1 !!!!!!

Link: http://www.redeye.com.au/iAsk.asp?reion=USA

Ha, it's beating coldplay
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 01:28:47 PM by The Baker Man » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 02:21:08 PM »

I ordered it(along with MIU/LA twofer and Endless Harmony) on July 2nd here in the Czech Republic; it's not set to arrive until the the 27th of August.
Bit disappointed at the wait.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx