gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681519 Posts in 27641 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 08:33:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You are about to become involved with charity...via Van Dyke Parks  (Read 7816 times)
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 07:32:31 AM »

Exactly, he not alone in his dislike of Mike Love.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up And, more and more folks are finally realizing that myKe luHv  really belongs no where else than your tool box.  Transcendental Meditation

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 07:34:41 AM »

I know you'll come up with something NICE for the occasion.

Yes, this is nicer (I suppose) and more cryptic (which shouldn't worry VDP none):

<Dork said V.D. Parks tut-tuts krap DVD. I ask Rod>

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 07:43:03 AM »

Thanx, John!
And talking charity - while still being NICE about it - I'll even throw in my own 'haiku-palindrome' shown furthest down below! Any BIDDERS?

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 08:01:39 AM »

Thanx, John!
And talking charity - while still being NICE about it - I'll even throw in my own 'haiku-palindrome' shown furthest down below! Any BIDDERS?
I mean, come on, Van! Can't you appreciate some convoluted Van/fans-generated puns instead and STILL give to charity? OF YOUR OWN CHOICE ...

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »

So...VDP tweeted that he'll donate $100 to charity (of one's choice) for the first person who gives him photo evidence of Mike's hatless 2016 head.

I...like this guy.

You do know that he has made insulting tweets concerning Brian as well....right? Funny it's all just good fun when Parks acts like a bitter child. Of course the handful of usual suspects here always give him a thumbs up. Thank God Twitter exists, without out it Parks might have to really stoop low and post his nonsense in a place like this directly. But then he would have to defend it and things would turn all nasty.

We're I Mike, I would offer $10,000 to anyone that provides proof that Parks alone suggested the triplet cellos for GV.
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 02:31:10 AM »

I know you'll come up with something NICE for the occasion.

Yes, this is nicer (I suppose) and more cryptic (which shouldn't worry VDP none):

<Dork said V.D. Parks tut-tuts krap DVD. I ask Rod>
Well, John. You really nailed it BIGTIME, imOHO. I only needed to fill out some blanx! And you all know the drill from there... I can't help but obsessing when it comes to re-shaping John's splendid 'dromes (or anyone's!) into neat little haiku-palindromes.
For this one I wanted Mike into the action, making it HIS reply to Parks' tut-toting Summer In Paradise (and in his perplexity, referring to that as a DVD instead of a L.P./CD).

MIKE & Van DYKE over THE TOP.                                                                                                                                           See how they even rhyme together! I'm finding them MOAN-spirited rather than mean- ditto:

>LOVE-VOL. <        [haiku-palindrome by Theydon & P'dromer Bois]

>Parks says: "S.I.P.?
Alas, a Love-vol. as (a..
la) pissy as skrap!"<

>TUT-TUT<        [haiku-palindrome by JOHN King TUT (& hai{ku}jack'd by P'dromer Boy)]

>Mik' said: "V.D. Parks?

Tut-tut-tuts 'KRAP' DVD?!

I ******* ASK 'im ..."<

[Beware of hidden meaning when reversing last line, adding the 'd' (take that - Beatles)]

And speaking of obsessing; could it be that Parks has been doing just THAT (almost being one of them KOKOMbOVERS?) ever since he helped writing he's Goin' Bald?
Such 'insight' oughta make them both donate hundreds! I know I would if I had that kind of money... Let's give them the benefit of the doubt during this weekend!

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 02:34:39 PM »

So...VDP tweeted that he'll donate $100 to charity (of one's choice) for the first person who gives him photo evidence of Mike's hatless 2016 head.

I...like this guy.

You do know that he has made insulting tweets concerning Brian as well....right? Funny it's all just good fun when Parks acts like a bitter child. Of course the handful of usual suspects here always give him a thumbs up. Thank God Twitter exists, without out it Parks might have to really stoop low and post his nonsense in a place like this directly. But then he would have to defend it and things would turn all nasty.

I do have an answer for that, but...I'm not going to share it. Why? Because it'll just fuel debate, which is not what I want right now. It was either say this much, or stay silent and imply that I'm backing down like someone who's afraid of that wave....which I'm not.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 01:46:18 AM »

I...like this guy.

I do have an answer for that, but...I'm not going to share it. Why? Because it'll just fuel debate, which is not what I want right now. It was either say this much, or stay silent and imply that I'm backing down like someone who's afraid of that wave....which I'm not.
WAIT ... just in! Hold on to your 'DEPPY KEELs! (Leave-it?)' ...
Here come Van Dyke's latest 're-tweets' to Mike & his head (p e r  v e r s e!):

#Debut-NUDE-us,MIKEe!#

#M.E.Love=vole'M'#

#EEK!,I'mSUED,un-tubed#

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 03:06:31 AM »

I...like this guy.

We're I Mike, I would offer $10,000 to anyone that provides proof that Parks alone suggested the triplet cellos for GV.

Posting stuff publicly on an account with over 11,200 followers probably exposes him to significantly more criticism of what he says than posting it to a board which has had less than a third of that number of users in total over its entire history.
As for him insulting Brian... so? They've known each other fifty years. Brian once called Van Dyke "the biggest butthole in the world". They know each other well enough that if they have problems with each other they're entitled to talk about them however they choose.
Doesn't lessen my admiration of either man. Or of Mike. Or of anyone.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx