gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681549 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 02:22:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A question for hardcore BB historians/researchers...  (Read 1454 times)
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »

In this interview (http://www.cabinessence.net/interviews/asher.html), Tony Asher said that Bruce Johnston had had a quite long affair with singer/songwriter Patti Dahlstrom...

I've searched for more information, and all I've been able to find was that Bruce was seeing Patti around 1967/1968. Does anybody know anything more about that Bruce/Patti Dahlstrom relationship?  Huh
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 01:23:03 PM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 03:18:24 AM »

I guess this means that nobody knows anything more about it...  Undecided

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 10:30:32 AM »

I know about it now. I don't even know who Patti Dahlstrom is. They were in a 'long' affair from 67-68? Well, I suppose for a rock star that is an eternity.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 11:34:31 AM »

LOL Well, I know that they were together around 1967/1968, but they could have been together for a longer time (like 1967-1970, or 1966-1972, who knows).

Frankly I don't know that much about Patti Dahlstrom either, I only have two of her songs. She made 2 or 3 albums in the early to mid seventies, and 3 or 4 singles. Based on what I heard, she had a pretty good voice.

I think I've found a way to contact her... I'll try to ask her whether she'd agree to be "interviewed" (by email) about her career and her relationship with Bruce.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx