gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 01:51:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce is Paul Revere & The Raiders!  (Read 4542 times)
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2007, 03:28:33 PM »

I just watched a youtube version of the commerial for "THE JUDGE" It has Mark Lindsay and the Raiders Lip syncing the song but unlike Brians new version of GOK , this is without Bruce J singing! What say you Mark Linnett?

Cook pork throughly
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »

Umm...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 04:29:45 PM »

are you having a laugh?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 04:51:22 PM »

god forbid -- the minutiae of advertisements fror pop music are serious business, goddamnit.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jason Penick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 10:06:49 PM »

That theme song to the Judge commercial ("Judge GTO Breakaway") is a wicked song.  Really.

Not sure what this has to do with Brian or Bruce though.  Huh

SUICIDE
It only makes things worse. You can't solve anything by killing yourself. I mean, things can only get better, but if you're dead, they may not. -- Brian Wilson
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 05:41:29 PM »

Terry Melcher produced Paul Revere & The Raiders, did he bring Bruce in to sing back up?

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
voxnut
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 07:12:56 PM »

I believe this is a joke folks, meant to be a lighthearted poke at the folks who insist that Bruce was spliced into the last 2 seconds of the GOK video. There are some of us who feel that the notion of Bruce being spliced in the end of the video is as silly/probable as him being Paul Revere and the Raiders. This is because:

a.) it make absolutely no logical sense to go through the effort to do so, especially if it's for a 30 second promo video
b.) there were folks who still didn't believe after they were told by parties involved that it absolutely wasn't so, and
c.) see a

Not a dig, and I realize that since Smile was completed there isn't a whole lot of meaningful things to speculate about and some folks miss the speculation end of the BW/BB hobby. I keep waiting for the "Bruce Is Dead" thread though, with all the clues cryptically spread through album covers and bits of songs. It certainly makes for light reading...

Carry on,
Dean
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 02:25:11 AM »

Bruce sings lead on this Paul Revere opus to the gas guzzling GTO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vrc2b5qtLk
Watch and listen , tell me that isnt Mr. Johnston's voice coming outta Mark Lindsay's mouth!

Cook pork throughly
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 04:02:24 AM »

I believe this is a joke folks, meant to be a lighthearted poke at the folks who insist that Bruce was spliced into the last 2 seconds of the GOK video. There are some of us who feel that the notion of Bruce being spliced in the end of the video is as silly/probable as him being Paul Revere and the Raiders. This is because:

a.) it make absolutely no logical sense to go through the effort to do so, especially if it's for a 30 second promo video
b.) there were folks who still didn't believe after they were told by parties involved that it absolutely wasn't so, and
c.) see a

Not a dig, and I realize that since Smile was completed there isn't a whole lot of meaningful things to speculate about and some folks miss the speculation end of the BW/BB hobby. I keep waiting for the "Bruce Is Dead" thread though, with all the clues cryptically spread through album covers and bits of songs. It certainly makes for light reading...

Carry on,
Dean

About hearing Bruce in the last two seconds of the video, this issue will be settled when we get to hear the final CD version of the song, and we'll then see who was right and who was wrong. I'm confident. We won't hear any similarity with the part Bruce sang in 1966. It IS Bruce singing in the last two seconds of the video, and you should pay a visit to your doctor if you still think the people who say so are wrong.  Grin

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
voxnut
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 04:44:57 AM »

Okay SJB-

I'll see if perhaps Mark Linett and I can get a two for one deal on the price of the doctor visit.  Wink

I would love to hear why you think, I mean suspend all feelings here, but explain the logic behind the possible reason for splicing in 2 seconds of the original GOK recording in the promo video? What sound reason would someone have to do that, other than to wind up the BW moonies? That's the only possible reason I could figure behind your belief that it's Bruce's voice on the video, and that seems like a lot of work to goof around with a handful of folks, especially when it would potentialy cause legal issues.

Perhaps Phil Spector is just doing it to mess with your mind. If you want to have a meeting about it, I'll meet you in the pool.

Dean 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 04:46:21 AM by voxnut » Logged
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 05:38:33 AM »

(...)

I would love to hear why you think, I mean suspend all feelings here, but explain the logic behind the possible reason for splicing in 2 seconds of the original GOK recording in the promo video? What sound reason would someone have to do that, other than to wind up the BW moonies? That's the only possible reason I could figure behind your belief that it's Bruce's voice on the video, and that seems like a lot of work to goof around with a handful of folks, especially when it would potentialy cause legal issues.

(...)

You know, I'd love to know why they put that 2-second snippet at the end of the video. I really don't know why they did it. Maybe the guy editing the video was provided a short snippet of the 2007 GOK and decided to discreetly add a two-second bit of the 1966 version in order not to end the excerpt too abruptly. He probably was thinking "Oh well, it'll be in the fadeout, so nobody will notice it. Especially considering the bad sound quality of the video.".

Mixing that '66 bit with the rest of the track is a very easy job. I could do it in five minutes, and I have no training in mixing or anything.

The reason why I'm convinced it's Bruce voice in the last two seconds of the video? Simple. I HEAR him. It's HIS voice. It's Hal Blaine's drumming. It's the 1966 version. That's all. That's what I hear. And believe me, if I wasn't sure of what I'm saying I wouldn't go on discussing about it.

Decide for yourself:

1) A zip-file containing the 1966 bit and the litigious 2007/1966 bit, made by myself:

http://rapidshare.com/files/16124720/GOK_-_1966-2007_comparison.zip.html

2) A wav-file made by Theremin:

First: the audio quality of the video clip was poor: 64 kbps, 48 kHz, stereo. I had to extract the audio from the videoclip and converted it to a WAV-file, cd-quality (44 kHz, 16 bit stereo).
After that I grabbed the mono track of GOK from the mono cd.
Then I downconverted this track to the same poor quality as the videotrack. After that I had to convert this setting back to audio-cd quality so I could compare them.

The first audio you hear is from the videoclip. The second part is taken from the mono cd.

Now, please tell me if there's any difference?

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WTNJUGhYQzN3TGg1VEE9PQ

But if you aren't fully convinced, well, just wait until we hear the final version. Then we will discuss the facts. I'm 100% sure that we won't hear that litigious 2-second snippet in the final version. Because it's Bruce and, as you pointed out, it would cause legal issues.

Just as a reminder, here is what most of the nay-sayers say:

1) It *IS* Bruce in the last two seconds of the song featured in the video.

2) We have no fodaing idea of WHY they put that 1966 bit there.

3) We believe Mark Linett or the company guy when they tell us that the 2007 GOK is entirely new. But we believe that they're talking about the final, CD version, not about the video.

4) Wait until the release and we'll see.

And for your invitation to the pool, I have to decline it, and I advise you not to got swimming either. I've read that it may cause hearing problems.  Smiley

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 06:21:10 AM »

settle down, Beavis
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 06:44:58 AM »

Huh huh huh....huh huh huh...YEAH!!!!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
voxnut
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 07:41:42 AM »

SJB-

Thanks for the thorough response. The point I come back to is, do you think it's a safe assumption that when Mark Linett saw the discussion he checked out the video to see what the hub-bub was about and still made his statement? Or at least a strong possibility, especially since he addressed the topic in the thread more than once?

I will agree that it sounds like Bruce, but again I don't see any reason at all to do such a thing and the probablility of Probyn or someone else in the band sounding like Bruce - especially for the 2 whole seconds we hear on the video- is much higher to me than someone having the hair-brained idea to integrate 2 seconds of the original recording on a promo video, especially since they obviously had access to the new recording and could use the same portion of the new recording for the fade on the video. It doesn't add up and I'm willing to err on the side of probable over possible.

But you're right, I suppose after the CD comes out, we'll know - or it will spark another round of denial and refuting the folks who were actually there if the "part" on the video is also on the CD. I can hear it now: "No really, they spliced the original coda to GOK on the new recording, I don't care what Linett or anyone who was there says. The night janitor snuck in after hours and did the splice!"

But hey, if it's Bruce's voice on the video, I'll owe you a can of Reddi-whip.  Wink

Dean
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »

SloopJohnB, you're the man! I'm standing behind you 100% We need to start a 'ITS BRUCE' campaign.

LostArt, its not funny the second time around. You lose.

--
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 09:01:38 AM »

Wait a minute, Mr. Moderator.  I lose?  What does that mean?  Is this a competition?  Because I happen to disagree with the point of view that you and SJB are taking, as do many other posters, I am not allowed to express my opinion?  What kind of attitude is that from a moderator of a message board that is supposed to be a forum for expressing one's opinions.  By the way, it wasn't very funny when you said it, either.   
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 10:27:11 AM »

LOL ok.

--
Jason
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 11:40:06 AM »

Joe's taking a page out of my moderator playbook and he's not giving me credit for it! Bastard. He should be banned.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 12:43:43 PM »

Wait a minute, Mr. Moderator.  I lose?  What does that mean?  Is this a competition?  Because I happen to disagree with the point of view that you and SJB are taking, as do many other posters, I am not allowed to express my opinion?  What kind of attitude is that from a moderator of a message board that is supposed to be a forum for expressing one's opinions.  By the way, it wasn't very funny when you said it, either.   

Nah, just you using the same line he did. Nothing else. Nobody is stopping anybody from expressing opinions. If they were' I'd find out why and we'd resolve it like adults. Or we'd get wasted and slap each other silly. Depends on the mood I'm in.  Razz

However, if you didn't think it was funny at first, then why'd you say it?

Meh.

The matter's dropped. Back on topic everybody...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:39:49 PM by The What of Whom » Logged

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx