gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681101 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 04:56:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loren schwartz  (Read 3525 times)
Nat
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2006, 10:49:32 PM »

When was his last contact with Brian?

Has he ever expressed remorse for contributing to Brian's mental decline through LSD?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:14:10 PM »

Has he ever expressed remorse for contributing to Brian's mental decline through LSD?

My overriding inpression is he's not the remorseful kind...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 12:00:30 AM »

Does he need to though? LSD never did me any favours but I wouldn't blame the people that gave it to me - it was my choice. I never underastand why Loren Schwartz is depicted as such a villain (not that your post is saying this Nat, I'm just curious about this). Nobody gives Danny Hutton a hard time for giving Brian coke, or perhaps they do. It just strikes me that drug use was fashionable at the time and Brian was eager to experiment. Retrospectively it's easy to blame the drugs as a bad element in his life but at the time it seems almost everyone in the music business was at it so he would have got high one way or the other even if he'd never met Loren.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
MBE
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 01:30:30 AM »

I just don't like his aging hipster demeanor. He does seem like a "Hollywood Phony"
Peter Ames Carlin
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 10:22:47 AM »

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I don't think LSD is the cause of any of Brian's problems. If anything, his interest in that drug -- along with his far-more-damaging appetites for speed and cocaine -- were symptomatic of much larger, organic psychological problems. Amazing how competent treatment of that main problem eliminated Brian's need to take other drugs, huh.

Besides, everyone who hung with Brian back in the '60s swear he took acid three or four times, at most. Whereas he was strung out on speed for months and months and months. Ask Reum about the potential physiological damage that comes from that.
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 10:47:12 AM »

I'm with buddhahat. Loren was certainly not spiking Brian's drinks with LSD. Whatever Brian took in was his choice.

I don't really get what Leaf wanted to communicate with the Beautiful Dreamer edition. He should be aware that what was presented would put Loren in a bad light for lots of Brian fans.

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 12:05:11 PM »

Brian put on a lot of weight in the 70s so is the fault those that fed him cake? Of course not. These were people in their 20s and at that age we all think we were bullet-proof. In hindsight those taking drugs would not do so today but it was the thing to do then.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 12:59:51 PM »

The question is, where is he now? Cos I wouldnt mind taking some acid 3D

Razz

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »

But what GOOD did he do?
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 01:09:06 PM »

Peter hit the nail on the head (again) on this.

I recommend his book if you want to read one that commons from a reasonably well-informed position on mental illness.

Even if you don't want that, it's still a good read. Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 05:48:13 AM »

Off the subject...

You know, I've done coke before. I've never done heroin (and never will), but I know a friend of mine who has struggled with smack addiction in the past. With that said...how in the world did Brian use both those drugs and still gain all that weight?! I'm sorry, but when I used to use coke, the LAST thing I wanted to do was eat (esp. considering my sense of taste was out of wack).  Just never understood that.

Joe...LMAO

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 12:45:14 PM »

Mike Love and Murray were right to be concerned.
MBE
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2006, 10:23:33 AM »

Brian was inactive plus food was an additiction as much as coke
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2006, 11:16:29 AM »

Brian was inactive plus food was an additiction as much as coke

I can buy the inactivity, but how can one eat coked up?! I think that  proves the food addiction theory, in that he was just eating because it was there,not because he could taste the food.

I will say this, though...it sure explains why he smoked so much. During my usage days, I would smoke about a pack and a half.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx