gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681497 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 08, 2024, 09:23:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flame 20-track CD release petition to Brother Records  (Read 2458 times)
Bas Möllenkramer
Smiley Smile Newbie

Webmaster of The-Flames website

View Profile WWW
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:14:50 AM »

Dear friends of the Flames and the Flame,

We need your help to send a petition to Mr. Elliott, president of Brother Records at elott@pacbell.net . If you would like to see a CD released featuring the Flame's 1970 US self titled album AND the entire unreleased second Flame album as bonus tracks, all produced by the Beach Boys' Carl Wilson, then please write to Mr. Elliott and tell him. 
This petition was suggested by Stephen W. Desper, the recording engineer who worked on all these sessions as well as the Beach Boys' classic Sunflower and Surf's Up albums. Here at the Flames website we strongly support the release of a new high quality FLAME CD featuring BONUS TRACKS!
The Flame were Steve Fataar, Edries (Brother) Fataar, Ricky Fataar and Blondie Chaplin, who also has a new album out right now. Thanks for writing to Mr. Elliott and please cc me if you remember to. Of course you can write to me at the Flames website too if you like! Bas@the-flames.com
Let's all hope it happens and we get all this glorious music on a proper CD!!!!!

I have run the Flames website for a number of years and collect anything and everything relating to them, no matter how obscure the connection! The Flames were alos known as The Flame after they moved to the USA and recorded their album for Brother Records.
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 03:34:22 PM »

Great idea...  just sent off my email to Mr. Lott    Smiley

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 03:02:26 AM »

this has been sent:

Dear Mr Elliott,

I'm one of the hundreds, if not thousands, of folks who have, in good faith, just paid money for what would appear to be a bootleg CD of The Flame's album The Flame, produced by Beach Boy Carl Wilson.  I actually bought it in HMV in Glasgow, a dealer with a good High Street presence. Probably duped by the distributor.

The CD appears to have been recorded directly from a vinyl version of the original LP. While it's not bad, it's not the high fidelity I'd expect to hear from Steve Desper's superb work. I'm sure he's as disappointed in this release as the rest of us.

I'd like to add my voice to the calls for a proper remastered release of this work; in fact why not get Rhino or such-like to put out a box-set of this and the Flame's other works.

I'd be more than happy to buy this release again, in the true high quality it deserves.

Very best wishes,

John

“We live in divisive times.”
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 10:32:53 AM »

Correction: The name of the gentleman in charge of BRI is Elliott Lott. So that makes him "Mr. Lott."

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 10:34:13 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:39:16 AM »

what an illiot.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print