-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 13, 2024, 04:11:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  BEACHB-oysters' (sand-corny) POETRY PEARLS - YULEtide-edit...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BEACHB-oysters' (sand-corny) POETRY PEARLS - YULEtide-edit...  (Read 40828 times)
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2016, 04:34:47 AM »

This, the 75'th jubilee reply, I'll give to Cent'!

Similar to a map of hidden loot from The Goonies… instructions on how to find some BB buried treasure in Durrie's attic shelving unit:

Top reer: acetates… Parks!

Or… Brian junking SMiLE,

Skrap (SMiLE box) set… ate career + pot!

>D. Parks: "SKRAP'd!"<                       [haiku-palindrome by CenturyDeprived (hai{ku}jacked by P'dromerBoy)]

>Top 'n' reer: ACETATES!
(D. Parks - SMiLE-Tel''ims!; skrap'd set)
Ate career 'n' POT!<

Cent' has been exposed to this kind of treatment before. Ever since his, the very first SMiLE-palindrome (bar one) ended up inside a limerick-palindrome. And later being used in battle of poetry-slammin': Mike versus Van Dyke!

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2016, 01:53:33 AM »

And before the accusations start to fly, one would do well to remember that "anal" is Lana in reverse. Grin   

And how DID 'Lana'< get mixed in with the latest development, Sire? (NO offence taken - lol !).

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2016, 02:17:23 AM »

And before the accusations start to fly, one would do well to remember that "anal" is Lana in reverse. Grin  

And how DID 'Lana'< get mixed in with the latest development, Sire? (NO offence taken - lol !).

And none intended! Well. It's a bit tricky, actually. The palindrome in question begins "L.A. Lana sexes..." but propriety forbids me from finishing it, hahaha.

Less controversially, I was toying with BB song titles in a palindrome while out walking the dog and this is what I ended up with:

> Now I am a ham (U.S.). Om! OK... O Kokomo, Sumahama... I won! <
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:51:08 AM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2016, 02:28:04 AM »

Should we just lie down and take this? ("Palindromes versus anagrams/vandalism-rampager: Sourness!").

'CenturyDeprived? Very unpredicted!'
john k? too short, but if we add 'lyricist' your namesake appears!!
'Lyricist, john k? Joy, link Christ!'
('Rasmus Skotte? The surest mask!')

All generated from anagramgenius.com

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2016, 03:06:38 AM »

Should we just lie down and take this? ("Palindromes versus anagrams/vandalism-rampager: Sourness!").

Generated----this is what separates the men from the boys, so to speak. We craft our palindromes, syllable by hard-won syllable. 

There are two sites that have helped me at times, one called Back Words (reversible pairs of words, eg stop and pots) and the wiki palindromic word page, but these are best likened to glue to hold it all together.

That said, "the surest mask" has the ring of a compliment!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2016, 03:29:54 AM »

Less controversially, I was toying with BB song titles in a palindrome while out walking the dog and this is what I ended up with:

> Now I am a ham (U.S.). Om! OK... O Kokomo, Sumahama... I won! <

And a very good dog, it must be! RIGHT, you are. Let's fight back! We draft and craft one after another, singlemindedly:

[NEW Tanka-palindrome by john k. (as hai{ku}jack'd by P'dromerBoy]

>"Now, I AM "a ham"!
(U.S.) ~ OM ~ ... O.k, o.k!
"HE"?: Male Ego! Gee - lam', eh?
Kokomo, Sumahama!!
I ****** **** ******' WON!"<

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2016, 08:34:08 AM »

Grin
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2016, 01:23:56 AM »

Grin

Gee! I must have been a bit 'out-of-it' yesterday. Lucky the server didn't call me 'SOURest mask' like in that other anagram - 'cause I ain't!
Here's how the tanka should've been presented (by me) in the first place!:
Finally a poem where Dr. Love can have his say - and it even rhymes in places! We won't get classy poetry like this out of a computer!
[Does he mean BEING 'lame' or like gold 'lame'? You'd be the judge of that!]:

MIKE'd                                                                           {tanka-palindrome by john k}

>"Now; I AM 'a ham'!

(:U.S.)   ~ OM ~ ... o.k., O.K.!

'HE' ? : Male Ego - gee!

Lam'eh? ******'  KOKOMO!

Sumahama?... I ** WON!!"<

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2016, 01:40:02 AM »

Let's be positive and think "gold-lamé". ;=)

It must be habit, but I inevitably replace the "magic stars" in my mind with a string of expletives. All in good fun, of course. (As in "We're his ******* messengers".)

And it's habit again, perhaps, and not a good one, but would it have been a lawsuit that Mike "WON"?  Grin 

All this aside, excellent work, sir (more play than work, of course). The (alliterative) rhymes really carry it along.   

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2016, 05:00:06 AM »

This mess started off as a vain attempt to include all four Beatles' names and ended up as a bit of a Who's Who, with a couple of BB connections in there somewhere:

> Anna, George... heed Melua, PiL, ELO, Diana V., Ringo, gay A.J., Depp! O H.C. Minh, O John, I'm chopped! Jay (agog), Nirvana, Idol, Eli, Paul, EmDeeH (e.g. Roeg, Anna)... <

Rasmus, maybe you'd like to check that it is indeed palindromic. I must get back to work!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:01:07 AM by john k » Logged

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2016, 07:02:25 AM »

This mess started off as a vain attempt to include all four Beatles' names and ended up as a bit of a Who's Who, with a couple of BB connections in there somewhere:

> Anna, George... heed Melua, PiL, ELO, Diana V., Ringo, gay A.J., Depp! O H.C. Minh, O John, I'm chopped! Jay (agog), Nirvana, Idol, Eli, Paul, EmDeeH (e.g. Roeg, Anna)... <

Rasmus, maybe you'd like to check that it is indeed palindromic. I must get back to work!
And so must I (and this is it - for the time being!).
If this is you being 'chopped, well truly "I'm amazed"!

So here it is, palindromic'ly controlled and all. And it amounts to a tanka+haiku-drome!
[Melua is a singer and so is Diana V (not to be confused with Diana W!). "Gay A.J." would be the - normally - glad AL J...
O' H.C. Minh, the Viet OR myself (as my christian name is H.C. (= Hans Christian, THX jk). And yourself off course:  jay!! And for the movie buffs: Roeg & Depp! Who's 'Eli', then? And Anna/Anna Lee? RINGO, PAUL & B. Idol. E.L.O. sidebar:  Lynne got to produce the last 'Beatles' single, which in a perfect world belonged to Sir George Martin!]

GEORGE MARTIN R.I.P.                {Tanka+haiku-palindrome poem by john k}

>Anna: "GEORGE - heed!

'Melua', Pil, 'E.L.O.'

'Diana V', RINGO!

gay A.J., 'Depp', o' H.C.

(Minh), o' JOHN, I'm chopped, jay! ...
                        ~
          Agog!!  'Nirvana'

'Idol', Eli, PAUL EmDee(H)

E.g. 'Roeg'."  ANNA<

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »

jay!! And for the movie buffs: Roeg & Depp! Who's 'Eli', then?

I saw Jay (once he'd popped up in my palindrome and needed justifying) as Jay Kay of Jamiroquai (or, on reflection, possibly he of the Americans). Eli is either actor Eli Wallach or he of the Thirteenth Confession (Laura Nyro's second album). ("Anna (Lee)" is of course the sung link between the Beatles and the BB .)

All this aside, you've made it into something truly special. Thank you. 

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2016, 01:52:42 AM »

If this is you being 'chopped, well truly "I'm amazed"!

[Melua is a singer and so is Diana V (not to be confused with Diana W!). "Gay A.J." would be the - normally - glad AL J...
O' H.C. Minh, the Viet OR myself (as my christian name is H.C. (= Hans Christian, THX jk). And yourself off course:  jay!! And for the movie buffs: Roeg & Depp! Who's 'Eli', then? And Anna/Anna Lee? RINGO, PAUL & B. Idol. E.L.O. sidebar:  Lynne got to produce the last 'Beatles' single, which in a perfect world belonged to Sir George Martin!]

'Melua', Pil, 'E.L.O.'

'Diana V', RINGO!

~
          Agog!!  'Nirvana'

E.g. 'Roeg'."  ANNA<

This reads like a modern day 'PEPPER'S-album-cover. How very appropriate!
If one should need the opening line to be a perfect 5-syll's one, 4 magic stars could be sprinkled to indicate [take] heed! as if reminding everybody that 'IT' comes to all of us - eventually! Anna Lee 'the healer'. We need her!
Btw: Who or what is 'Pil'? ... O no, Sir - I'm NOT giving You lip<!
(Over here I feel like a 'one-trick-pony' version of Paul Simon back in the mid-1960's, coming to England to nerd with big words & poetry!).

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2016, 02:31:03 AM »

Btw: Who or what is 'Pil'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq7JSic1DtM

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 10, 2016, 05:53:58 AM »

Six "magic stars" in a pa(mp)lindrome----h'mm:

> Yo! Joni LP map* **y: "KC or Rocky '***' Pamplin". O joy! <

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2016, 07:28:47 AM »

'Melua', Pil, 'E.L.O.'

'Diana V', RINGO!

~
          Agog!!  'Nirvana'

E.g. 'Roeg'."  ANNA<

This reads like a modern day 'PEPPER'S-album-cover. How very appropriate!

Here's a REAL challenge for the VISUALLY minded: COMPUTER WISE amongst our members (and guests) to take on!
Ah, some of you guessed already!
As an extra tribute/hommage  in honour of the late & GREAT George Martin, could/would someone create a modernized/updated version of the Sgt. Pepper album cover? Inserting photos of ALL the artists, bands & persons, that are 'name-dropped' in john k's GEORGE MARTIN-poem (all of whom explained in the replies ^above^) ! ...
Preferably discretely numbered and/or masked in order to identify each individual! And then upload it here for us all to marvel at!! Supposedly there are any number of ways in which to solve this one ...
Keep this respectfully in mind: That original cover artist, Peter Blake is a friend of Brian's! And include the two men, doing right by them BOTH, this time around!
Hopefully john is 'k with this baroque ("AGOG") idea!?
CAN'T WAIT to see this one happening!...

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2016, 07:33:06 AM »

Here's a REAL challenge for the VISUALLY minded: COMPUTER WISE amongst our members (and guests) to take on!
Ah, some of you guessed already!
As an extra tribute/hommage  in honour of the late & GREAT George Martin, could/would someone create a modernized/updated version of the Sgt. Pepper album cover? Inserting photos of ALL the artists, bands & persons, that are 'name-dropped' in john k's GEORGE MARTIN-poem (all of whom explained in the replies ^above^) ! ...
Preferably discretely numbered and/or masked in order to identify each individual! And then upload it here for us all to marvel at!! Supposedly there are any number of ways in which to solve this one ...
Keep this respectfully in mind: That original cover artist, Peter Blake is a friend of Brian's! And include the two men, doing right by them BOTH, this time around!
Hopefully john is 'k with this baroque ("AGOG") idea!?
CAN'T WAIT to see this one happening!...

Agog, but not aghast. What a wonderful idea! Let the inserting commence, so to speak.

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2016, 01:41:43 AM »

One of the great qualities about ^^this 'diversatile' collection of people^^ is that (with Beatles AND the 5'th B! as a starting point) it's NOT chosen out of private preferences but only from palindromic ones! And then Brian & Sir Peter Blake just MUST to be imported ...

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2016, 01:39:23 PM »

George Martin makes three-way conversation in the Great Beyond:  

> Klimt: "Sir George, sir, is Pepper all atonal art?"
Iris: "He paws at Fabs BAFTA swap, eh, sir? I..."
"Tra-la! Not all are pp EPs, Iris, e.g. roe, grist, milk..." <

Klimt is the Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt (1862-1918) and Iris is the author and philosopher Iris Murdoch (1919-1999), who once wrote "I think the Beatles should be Poet Laureate".

[Edit: Iris M.'s remark was an afterthought]
[Second edit: Superfluous "s" has been removed!]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:10:23 AM by john k » Logged

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2016, 02:54:59 AM »

Great companion piece (diptych?) to your other George Martin-opus!
If someone's still dabbling with a Pepper-cover dedicated to Martin - feel free now to include Klimt and I. Murdoch!!

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2016, 08:17:27 AM »

So here comes john k's George Martin r.i.p. diptych. In the last one there seemed to be one 's' too many in the beginning. So I have Klimt asking both G. Martin AND Siri  (just to get a second opinion!). And in this reading, 3 more pop-stars appear near the end of it: Tommy ROE, Hilary GRIST & MILK! (and they too can be added into a S. Pepper album-cover remake, should there ever be one).                                                                                          Shakespeare gets the final words: "The rest is silence" all silenced, naturally)...                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

'Melua', Pil, 'E.L.O.'

'Diana V', RINGO!

~
          Agog!!  'Nirvana'

E.g. 'Roeg'."  ANNA<

Part II                            {haiku+tanka-palindrome poem by john k}

>Klimt: "Sir George - Siri ...

S. Pepper; all atonal

art?" Iris: "He paws
                 ~
     at Fabs BAFTA swap

Eh, sir?" "I ~tra-la~ NOT! ALL

-  are pp EPs,

Iris, e.g. Roe, Grist, Milk!"

"*** **** ** *******"<

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2016, 09:33:03 AM »

So here comes john k's George Martin r.i.p. diptych. In the last one there seemed to be one 's' too many in the beginning. So I have Klimt asking both G. Martin AND Siri  (just to get a second opinion!). And in this reading, 3 more pop-stars appear near the end of it: Tommy ROE, Hilary GRIST & MILK! (and they too can be added into a S. Pepper album-cover remake, should there ever be one).                                                                                          Shakespeare gets the final words: "The rest is silence" all silenced, naturally)...                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

'Melua', Pil, 'E.L.O.'

'Diana V', RINGO!

~
          Agog!!  'Nirvana'

E.g. 'Roeg'."  ANNA<

Part II                            {haiku+tanka-palindrome poem by john k}

>Klimt: "Sir George - Siri ...

S. Pepper; all atonal

art?" Iris: "He paws
                 ~
     at Fabs BAFTA swap

Eh, sir?" "I ~tra-la~ NOT! ALL

-  are pp EPs,

Iris, e.g. Roe, Grist, Milk!"

"*** **** ** *******"<

Thanks, Rasmus. Looks good. And thanks for mentioning the extra s----I'd combined two alternatives by mistake. I've removed it from my original, where it now just reads Pepper...

Our little pantheon of cover adorners is growing by the minute! I must draw up a list some time. Hilary Grist----that a new name to me. I must check her out. 

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2016, 02:40:09 AM »

Or how about an opera diva for a change: soprano, Reri Grist ?!

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2016, 05:47:03 AM »

Or how about an opera diva for a change: soprano, Reri Grist ?!

Why not?!

As for the George Martin Memorial Pepper album cover:

It's a bit quiet in the Smiley graphic design department----not a volunteer in sight. Heck, I'm even tempted to do a primitive cut-and-paste job myself. It may take a while----and it will need more than a little thought. But at least it will be done with love and care...

rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2016, 07:55:15 AM »

For all who might feel inspired to create their own palindromes, there is an on-line service called: palindromegenerator.com to help along the way. Start small, though. Like in a recent example: >Brianisms in 'Air', B.<.
Have fun!

Comics/cartooniés
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: