gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681548 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 12, 2024, 11:31:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Landy ever expect to return after the first era?  (Read 1016 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »

Does anyone think Landy thought he'd ever be back in control of Brian after being booted out the first time? He wasn't barred from contacting Brian (the way he was post 1991), right? I wonder how much of a surprise it was to him to be called back.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 09:06:48 AM »

Doesn't seem like it. Several years elapsed and we know not of any further contact between Landy and Brian during that time. Had there been one, it'd be documented in the autobio.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »

Doesn't seem like it. Several years elapsed and we know not of any further contact between Landy and Brian during that time. Had there been one, it'd be documented in the autobio.

I seem to recall a mention in the autobio of a chance meeting in '80 or '81.
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:50:02 AM »

Hi all,

I hope that all people watched CBS Sunday Morning over the summer.  During the Brian and Melinda segment when Melinda asked Brain how she can help him Brian's reply was get me out of this --------meaning get Brian away from Landy.  Yes, Landy was a part of Brian's life twice.  Yet there have been others around since the second time when he was told by THE COURT not to have ANYTHING to do with Brian.  The only reason Landy was called back a second time wsa because they thought the Landy way was the most private.  Yet the world knew what happened that second time.  Why tihs fetish concering Landy?  Yes, we have the right to talk about him.  Yet he got caught and paid the price.  He wasn't good after a while.  Remeber the card Brain handed Melinda at the car dealorship?  Yes, the recent movie did open up a lot feelings.  Yet I am sure not a week goes by where Brian doesn't give himself silent reprimands about his past.  I am sure that he someties wakes up in a cold sweat due to a nightmare about Landy.  Curiosity is fine.  Yet in this area I suggest caution.  I don't want to keep talking about a BIG WOUND Brian had.  I would rather talk about Brian's victories.  Is there a book in the works by Brian and another person?  I am excited about that.

Learn from the past, live in the present and plan for the future.

Happiness Rules!!! 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx