gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:48:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Then I Kissed Her Sessions  (Read 2366 times)
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:13:02 AM »

I really love this song and how it was recorded. Now what puzzles me is the multitrack setup. On the first multi-track aka takes 1-16, it's the basic track but was it only sent to one track or two? I know Brian did two Instrumental Inserts for other instruments, so did those take up tracks two and three and then it was bounced or did Brian record the basic on two tracks and then added the other instruments, so he had a full 4-track master which had to be bounced for vocals. I was playing around with a channel remover aka Vocal Trap and it indicates on the 1st insert that tracks one and two are basic with three being the acoustic guitar, organ and bass. Or am I hearing a ghost track? However, with this channel isolation, the middle channel is just occasional  piano, drums, castanets and tambourine which sounds awesome, while the left channel is just guitar with some bleed from other instruments. I hope someone can clear this up! I have even spaced the two isolated basic parts and you can get some stereo separation, it's weird!

Here are the left and middle channels from the 1st instrumental insert spaced apart: http://www.filedropper.com/thenisol3
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:35:52 AM by branaa09 » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:41:16 AM »

Link not working - but from my notes, I have the basic track in mono, consisting of piano-electric rhythm guitar-drums-castanets-tambourine, then the first overdub of 12-string acoustic lead guitar (including the intro)-bass-organ, and the second overdub of 12-string acoustic rhythm guitar-organ-tympani. They used 3-track at the time, not 4-track. So those three tracks were bounced down to one on a second-generation tape, and two tracks of vocals were added.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:37:19 AM »

Has Brian ever expressed his satisfaction or pleasure in his work on then I kissed her?
*notes 4 Judd:  Elvis Presley 's "For LP fans Only" Al Rckn. Sunnies Inst. - replace front cover tracklist running order with Then I kissed heres....retitle For Jarhead Fans Only "  song title suggsts.     Im left, Youre Jarhead, shes Jarhead,   Mystery Jarhead,  etc.       

brb. w/ more ideas.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:43:22 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up C-man, as for the link not working I don't know why it doesn't as it was created yesterday.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx