gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:54:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stack-o-Tracks  (Read 12148 times)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »

I've got an original.  In 1973 a box of sealed unsold ones showed up at an old Bethesda, MD store called Discount Book and Records.  Price- $3.99.  They also had a bunch of sealed duophonic "Party" albums for the same price- I bought both that day.  The next week they were gone.  Never seen or heard  of a mono "Stack".

What a great find!!  I found the original Party and All Summer Long albums sealed in a Ventura CA. record shop around 1973. Pretty sure I paid retail for them. And one time a box of Beatles 4x4 EP's was opened up at the Capitol Records swap meet in L.A. Guy who worked at Capitol (I think) backed up his truck and he was the star of the show that night. 20 bucks each brand new!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:57:55 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2014, 04:33:43 AM »

Um... first BB album SWD worked on was Friends, which he mixed... or so he told me in 1985 (if you're being super picky, Smile was the first).

Funny. I just now did five (5) Google searches on the Friends album and on the various websites the name Jim Lockert came up under the "Engineer" credit. Mid-April '68, Badman has a musician named Vescovo coming into Brian's studio to play on Diamond Head with Lockert at the controls (I know, Badman stated it). And there's more references to Lockert for the album. Maybe both Desper and Lockert were working on various tracks for the album. Desper obviously worked on Do It Again in May, June '68.

Per Desper, he subbed for an ailing Lockert on many "Smiley Smile" and "Friends" sessions. He also mixed "Friends" into stereo for the band. Uncredited, of course.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:34:40 AM by c-man » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx