gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681510 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 05:26:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's been almost 27 years....  (Read 9853 times)
job
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2014, 10:28:38 AM »

I'd love to see it happen, but realistically his solo work just isn't prolific enough.

Or, more importantly, accessible enough.
Nicko1234
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »

Or, more importantly, accessible enough.

In what sense?
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2014, 12:51:12 AM »

Twelve (soon to be thirteen) solo* albums in a 26-year solo career isn't prolific ?  Huh

[* if you include Orange Crate Art]

I meant to the mainstream Public. It is still not nearly as famous or prolific as say, 3 of the Beatles solo careers.

I would say 4 of the Beatles solo careers - Pete Best never did have any hit records on his own. Ringo, on the other hand, had a string of top ten singles (yes, singles) in the 70's (does anyone remember It Don't Come Easy, Back Off Boogaloo, Photograph, You're Sixteen, Oh My My, Only You, No No Song)  a couple of strong selling albums  (Ringo and Goodnight Vienna), several film roles, and if we're including endless touring on the oldies circuit for the past 25 years, well, Ringo's done that too.

When I said 3 of the Beatles solo careers, I meant John, Paul and George. As far as I know, Ringo only really had a few hit singles and one hit album (the self-titled one). I discount film roles as it's not exactly in the same category as his solo music career.
You didn't read my post - Ringo had more than one hit album, and more than a few hit singles.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2014, 01:37:52 AM »

Twelve (soon to be thirteen) solo* albums in a 26-year solo career isn't prolific ?  Huh

I meant to the mainstream Public. It is still not nearly as famous or prolific as say, 3 of the Beatles solo careers.

I would say 4 of the Beatles solo careers - Pete Best never did have any hit records on his own. Ringo, on the other hand, had a string of top ten singles (yes, singles) in the 70's (does anyone remember It Don't Come Easy, Back Off Boogaloo, Photograph, You're Sixteen, Oh My My, Only You, No No Song)  a couple of strong selling albums  (Ringo and Goodnight Vienna), several film roles, and if we're including endless touring on the oldies circuit for the past 25 years, well, Ringo's done that too.

When I said 3 of the Beatles solo careers, I meant John, Paul and George. As far as I know, Ringo only really had a few hit singles and one hit album (the self-titled one). I discount film roles as it's not exactly in the same category as his solo music career.
You didn't read my post - Ringo had more than one hit album, and more than a few hit singles.

In any case, you still have to admit it's not quite as prolific as John, Paul and George's. And he isn't exactly a big seller, especially recently. Like his latest album, which sold 752 copies in the UK only.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2014, 01:34:57 PM »

In any case, you still have to admit it's not quite as prolific as John, Paul and George's. And he isn't exactly a big seller, especially recently. Like his latest album, which sold 752 copies in the UK only.
I wasn't trying to say that Ringo was as successful as J,P,G, but he did a lot better than he was expected to.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx