gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681222 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 07:47:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Giants Stadium, New Jersey June 25, 1978 - WNEW  (Read 2361 times)
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:34 AM »

According to the Rusten-Stebbins book The Beach Boys in Concert this show was broadcast on WNEW FM. Has anyone come across a recording of this? The summer of 1978 tour has great memories for me.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 01:23:30 PM »

I was at the show, so I don't know if it was broadcast or not. But it was a great show, that included Steve Miller, Little River Band, and Stanky Brown(a local NJ Band).
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:34:41 PM »

I also attended and I believe it was Steve Miller and Pablo Cruise.  I do not recall the Little River Band on the card, a band that was fairly hot in 1978.
Michael Edwards Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 06:02:46 PM »

According to the Rusten-Stebbins book The Beach Boys in Concert this show was broadcast on WNEW FM. Has anyone come across a recording of this? The summer of 1978 tour has great memories for me.

It's out there and the Steve Miller set floats around too.  What I can't remember is if the Beach Boys recording is audience or FM feed.  The Steve Miller is FM feed, I'm pretty sure.
KC41
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 07:05:11 PM »

My copy is an audience recording. I was also at show and I am virtually certain it was not broadcast on WNEW.  But the late WNEW DJ, Pete Fornatale, did introduce them on stage at the show.
Steve Latshaw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »

At this point I am looking for any stereo FM or board recording of a 1978 show... Specifically for a recording of Country Pie-
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »

At this point I am looking for any stereo FM or board recording of a 1978 show... Specifically for a recording of Country Pie-

On Youtube, the "Beach Boys: Masters From the Vault" video has a live performance of it- Mike Love lyric lesson and all.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »

On Youtube, the "Beach Boys: Masters From the Vault" video has a live performance of it- Mike Love lyric lesson and all.
And it rocks!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 05:28:29 AM »

OOPs, my bad, it was Pablo Cruise. Something didn't feel "right" when I was typing LRB......thanks for the correction....it was a great show and a great weather day too. Went with friends, and we had a ball!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx