-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 12:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  BRING BACK OSD
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BRING BACK OSD  (Read 17259 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 06:01:49 PM »

"Dick".

Yes, you can.  Grin

Can I say oldsurferdick?

I didn't mean to kick up any dirt and I respect Billy's reasoning.

I know I had some monumental and epic battles with the old dude, but I miss his complete lack of apology for his Myke hatred. And this is coming from a huge Mike apologist... But to each his own.
I always thought his Myke hatred was quite funny and never meant to be taken totally serious. His battles with Ron (aka Mike Love's number one fan) were the stuff of legend.

I don't know about that...I think the man secretly whispers demonic incantations to himself every night. But I think the same can be said for many Brianistas.

I'd love to see the Myke Luv voodoo doll he keeps around.

I'm guessing it's a canned ham in a Hawaiian shirt with a Vienna sausage in white shorts tooth-picked to it as Bruce.....
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 11:55:13 PM »

It was strange that someone would spend so much time on a Beach Boys Fansite posting on how much he hated the lead singer.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »

Not to stir the sh!t(well, not to much) any further, but in my opinion his signature was enough to get him banned long ago.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »

I'd like to see OSD back on the board. His loathing for Mike Love is over the top, but I believe this board should be a home and haven for all types of Beach Boys fans. 
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2012, 05:40:56 PM »

I wasn't aware he was banned as well, I thought it was cause of some other fight he had with I.Spaceman and a couple of other people, not cause of the d*ck remark or whatever happened between him and AGD
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »

The last straw came with me, for what it's worth

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 01:13:55 AM »

I wasn't aware he was banned as well, I thought it was cause of some other fight he had with I.Spaceman and a couple of other people, not cause of the d*ck remark or whatever happened between him and AGD

He committed the cardinal sin of being boring. The "Myke Lhurve" shtick was amusing for a short while, but after a few years, it got very, very tedious. Plus, the guy obviously had issues.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »

Although I never agreed with much of it I did find of his anti-Myke stuff funny. It was when he started ragging on Mrs.Love that I thought he was out of line.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »

At times I thought it was funny too, but for it to stay funny, you have to pick and choose your moments wisely. He didn't.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »

All this may be true, but the guy was one of THE FEW people who bought Sunflower........when it first came out!

On that alone he basically kicks all our asses as fans.......
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 12:09:52 PM »

Never had a problem with OldSurferDude. He's been posting on two or three boards for many years and I never had any run-ins with him. Mighta disagreed with him a couple of times but it never escalated into anything more than that.

'Course I have a little thicker skin than a few of you, so maybe that's why I never let his anti-Love sentiment or anything else bother me. Board would be boring if everybody agreed on everything.......

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 12:16:48 PM »

All this may be true, but the guy was one of THE FEW people who bought Sunflower........when it first came out!

On that alone he basically kicks all our asses as fans.......
Hell ya! The man's dislike of Mike Love came from going to those late 1960s- early 1970s concerts he went to where Mike would talk non-stop about nothing and mess up songs on purpose.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 05:13:15 PM »

Please bring him back!!!!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 07:20:21 PM »

I'd rather do the Watusi barefoot on broken glass than to have to read any of that senile cretin's lame drivel again.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »

I agree with Ian. Speaking from a personal level, he would always try to goad me for some odd reason. As im generally non-confrontational it took a while for me to answer back. Got old.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 04:14:11 AM »

Billy, I realize he was a huge jerk to you here and don't fault your choice at all. Just half-jokingly doing a protest movement here. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:23:25 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

Jason
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »

I do find it a bit funny that when the membership petitions the moderators to remove someone from the board and we actually do it...all of a sudden that person wasn't such a bad guy after all. Same thing happened a few years ago when I had to remove another member.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2013, 10:37:39 AM »

"Protest" movements have been started for far worse people such a Tookie Williams and that guy who shot a cop in Philadelphia.

Jason
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2013, 10:42:05 AM »

"Protest" movements have been started for far worse people such a Tookie Williams and that guy who shot a cop in Philadelphia.

Well...we can have a whole thread on Mumia later. Tongue
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2013, 10:43:25 AM »

Bring back Rob McCabe!!!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 10:47:42 AM »

Well I am interested on what natives of philly think of the guy.....

Jason
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 10:49:08 AM »

Well I am interested on what natives of philly think of the guy.....

Let's start another thread.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »

Bring back Rob McCabe!!!

What happened to Rob?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »

Bring back Rob McCabe!!!