gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 03:52:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stebbins signing books in Santa Monica this Sunday  (Read 3317 times)
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2012, 09:27:28 AM »

I have a new book titled "It Happened At Chez Jay's" that recounts the 50-year history of the legendary Chez Jay restaurant/bar in Santa Monica, as told to me by its late great owner/founder Jay Fiondella. This is kind of a side-project from my usual Beach Boys focus although the book does have some Beach Boys content and the venue is definitely Dennis Wilson approved.  Smokin This Sunday Oct. 7th I will be at Chez Jay (1657 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica) from 12 to 4 pm signing copies of the new Chez Jay's book. If you are in the L.A. area please stop by, check out the new book, say hello, have a drink...and if you are holding a copy of any of my Beach Boys related books, and would like it signed, bring it by and I'll happily sign it for you. Chez Jay's is a cool place by the Santa Monica pier that makes a killer Bloody Mary and the food is good too. Hope to see some Smiley Smilers there.

Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 10:37:11 AM »

Darn, Jon, you beat me to it!  Was going to post this the other night, but was afraid it would be moved, so I waited until it got closer:

For over a half-century the legendary Chez Jay restaurant in Santa Monica, California has hosted many of the most famous and talented celebrities on the planet. This tiny "beach dive bar" became the social crossroads of an incredible cultural evolution that has impacted movies, television, music, art, politics and more. Now, for the first time, the incredible history of this iconic treasure as told by its colorful founder and namesake Jay Fiondella, and written by noted author Jon Stebbins, is available in this funny, moving and fast-paced book. With great photos and previously untold stories...It Happened At Chez Jay's...your table is ready!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »

Damn, wish I could come...  Undecided I hope the book's going to be a success. Will it be available on amazon or is it just a small print run?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 11:19:16 AM »

Sounds like a great project! I love this sort of thing and will definitely have to grab a copy and devour the anecdotes.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 01:52:28 PM »

Darn, Jon, you beat me to it!  Was going to post this the other night, but was afraid it would be moved, so I waited until it got closer:

For over a half-century the legendary Chez Jay restaurant in Santa Monica, California has hosted many of the most famous and talented celebrities on the planet. This tiny "beach dive bar" became the social crossroads of an incredible cultural evolution that has impacted movies, television, music, art, politics and more. Now, for the first time, the incredible history of this iconic treasure as told by its colorful founder and namesake Jay Fiondella, and written by noted author Jon Stebbins, is available in this funny, moving and fast-paced book. With great photos and previously untold stories...It Happened At Chez Jay's...your table is ready!
Thanks for posting that Ed. That's actually the blurb from the back cover of the book.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »

Jon-   It would be cool to be there with you, Jay and Dennis, but it's just TOO short noitice for me. 
Hope the book will be a great success. As with the other poster, presume this will be available most everywhere? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 04:57:38 PM »

Jon-   It would be cool to be there with you, Jay and Dennis, but it's just TOO short noitice for me. 
Hope the book will be a great success. As with the other poster, presume this will be available most everywhere? 
Thanks man. This will be a pretty limited run, but I'll post a link to online availability for it soon.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »

Tomorrow!
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 05:01:13 AM »

Hope it goes swimmingly, Jon...fondly recall your booksigning bash some years back at Chez Jay for the Dennis Real Beach Boy book, where a nice smattering of BB notables mixed in with us regular folk. Jay's has been a hangout for folks in various forms of the entertainment industry for a half-century or so, and deserves some immortalizing. Am out of town this weekend, alas, but sending along good vibes for a solid turnout...I'm sure the company will be stimulating!

Definitely let those of us who can't make it know how to obtain a copy!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 10:42:33 AM »

Jon congratulations a godspeed today; please pardon my absence, as I am prepping all day for by heavy week of teaching: Homer, Plato, and Hesiod all on my dance card for today--minor authors, I know, but they demand my attention today. I look forward to getting the book and to making a pilgrimage there with it in hand to learn and study something under your wise critical guidance.

all the best

the professor
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »

We had a great day at Chez Jays yesterday, and sold a good number of books. Thanks to Alan Boyd, Ed Roach, Elliot Kendall and so many other friends and family for coming out to show their support. The Bloody Marys were superb. If anyone is interested in ordering a copy of the book you can do that here...
http://thejonstebbins.com/chezjay.html
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »

Got the book Tuesday, Thanxx Jon! 
It's a very easy read, and has tons of photos of Jay

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx