gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680742 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:15:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another S**t stirring article in The Independent today !  (Read 85865 times)
D409
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:26:23 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/bad-vibrations-beach-boys-frontman-sacks-founders-on-anniversary-tour-8176117.html

So, Mike "sacks the founder members" and they will be "replaced by session musicians" ? An article written by someone who's unaware of any Beach Boys touring activity before the anniversary shows...
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »

The other side of the coin is that this tour it's Brian's band that is making they money. It's Brian's band or Mike's band. It's Brian's terms or Mike's terms. See?

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 03:36:03 AM »

It'll be lapped up with glee on A. N. Other forum.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 04:15:09 AM »

Sadly you are correct. People are really grabbing the wrong end of the stick.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 04:28:47 AM »

Sorry, I am not up to speed at all on any of this behind the scenes tour stuff.

So is Brian really "bummed" or not? Is the Al Jardine petition real? Or are all members complicit in Mike's plan to revert the touring BBs back to just him & Bruce?

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 04:45:51 AM »

Basic outline - Mike (accurately) announced that the post-C50 BB touring lineup would not include Brian, Alan and/or David, which given that a venue had advertised an October M&B gig as just that back in June is a canny piece of pre-emptive management. granted, the timing was very odd. According to his people, Brian is 'bummed' and 'disappointed'. The petition wasn't originated by Alan. Essentially, Mike is copping sh*t for announcing that the gameplan agreed in the first place by all concerned parties will be adhered to. The Blooies want his head on a plate, garnished with his cojones.

Fact is, give it a few months and no-one will care any more. M&B will be touring and Joe Q. Public will buy the tickets, Brian will be doing whatever he does between albums and Alan & David will go back to their previous lives. I'm minded of the football coach who (allegedly) finished his pre-game pep talk with "and remember, whatever happens out there tonight, there are a billion Chinese who couldn't give a f***".  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Luke_Barshack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 05:30:53 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/bad-vibrations-beach-boys-frontman-sacks-founders-on-anniversary-tour-8176117.html

So, Mike "sacks the founder members" and they will be "replaced by session musicians" ? An article written by someone who's unaware of any Beach Boys touring activity before the anniversary shows...

Unbelievably shoddy 'back of a fag packet' journalism. And the 'Indy' is one of our best.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 05:39:37 AM »

Basic outline - Mike (accurately) announced that the post-C50 BB touring lineup would not include Brian, Alan and/or David, which given that a venue had advertised an October M&B gig as just that back in June is a canny piece of pre-emptive management. granted, the timing was very odd. According to his people, Brian is 'bummed' and 'disappointed'. The petition wasn't originated by Alan. Essentially, Mike is copping sh*t for announcing that the gameplan agreed in the first place by all concerned parties will be adhered to. The Blooies want his head on a plate, garnished with his cojones.

Fact is, give it a few months and no-one will care any more. M&B will be touring and Joe Q. Public will buy the tickets, Brian will be doing whatever he does between albums and Alan & David will go back to their previous lives. I'm minded of the football coach who (allegedly) finished his pre-game pep talk with "and remember, whatever happens out there tonight, there are a billion Chinese who couldn't give a f***".  Grin

Thanks - much appreciated!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 05:49:34 AM »

Here's another one from The Daily Mail (trash tabloid?):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2208817/Youre-fired-Three-Beach-Boys-founding-members-dumped-bands-frontman-Mike-Love.html

the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »

OK, with the s*** sufficiently stirred, it's time we got answers and a collective vision of the future from the BB; anxiety has reached its peak, let's settle this.. . .
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 07:50:07 AM »

Well, it's not like if there's anything we could do that would make a change, so of course we will stop caring, we'll just have to deal with it.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »

We're fans. We care.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »

I agree that a lot of these articles seem to have writers that are not knowledgable as to the history of the touring band.

I just have to say, I realize there are realities of the situation regarding this reunion, and heck, some people even get off on telling other fans they won't get more reunion stuff.

I'm just puzzled about this near glee about "breaking the news" to fellow fans that everything should just go back to the way it was and the reunion should end, in light of the other members showing an interest in more touring and recording.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Dead Parrot
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 08:50:16 AM »

Being is it's the Daily Mail, I presume they put the blame either on Muslims, the BBC, gays,or liberals.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 08:51:55 AM »

The Daily Express are going to run with the exclusive that Mike Love killed Princess Diana tomorrow morning.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jason
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 09:09:33 AM »

Good to know that the British rags are living up to their abysmal standards of "journalism".
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 09:25:23 AM »

I'm just puzzled about this near glee about "breaking the news" to fellow fans that everything should just go back to the way it was and the reunion should end, in light of the other members showing an interest in more touring and recording.

This is my reaction precisely.

Why would someone act happy that this is the outcome, regardless of how preordained it actually was?

And if three of the five members are actively objecting, how preordained was it really?
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:03 AM »

Essentially, Mike is copping sh*t for announcing that the gameplan agreed in the first place by all concerned parties will be adhered to.
I'd say its more accurate to say he's copping sh*t because Brian, Al and Dave have expressed their desire to alter said gameplan... to allow continuance of the current lineup, accept the dozens of gigs they've been offered, and record another album. Mike (for now) has chosen to resist that and stick with the original terms of the reunion. There would be far less whining if Brian had said, that's it, he's happy, the reunion is over etc... But he's saying he wants to keep the five together, as are Al and Dave. As long as they are saying that Mike will continue to be cast as the puppy killer.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 09:40:16 AM »

Being is it's the Daily Mail, I presume they put the blame either on Muslims, the BBC, gays,or liberals.

good starting point......

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »

Oh, I don't know.  Ten or so years ago that would be true, Jon.  Now, I'm Not sure.
Jason
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »

good starting point......

Liberals are a good starting point!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »

Mike really is stupid, passing up group touring and albums for touring crappy venues with Bruce. The name of the BBs actually means something again with Brian wanting to lead the group.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »

Maybe Mike prefers being his own boss and not having to run everything past The Brian Wilson Management Machine?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jason
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 10:19:47 AM »

Maybe Mike prefers being his own boss and not having to run everything past The Brian Wilson Management Machine?

This. And I wouldn't blame him if that were the case.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »

Nice NFL football reference Andrew! For the record, the coach was Cleveland Browns head coach Sam Rutigliano, who issued his comment to a tense locker room immediately prior to their January 4, 1981 AFC championship game against the Oakland Raiders - which included the infamous Red Right 88 interception pass.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx