gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681293 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 01, 2024, 08:45:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Backstage at the Cuthbert Amphitheatre "UPDATE"  (Read 44792 times)
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 08:56:13 AM »

Thought someday said it was Bruce recording the new version of She Believes In Love Again?
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »

Thought someday said it was Bruce recording the new version of She Believes In Love Again?

Yes that was me but I said that the video is, not the audio.

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2012, 09:50:03 AM »

Much confusing.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2012, 02:07:15 PM »

that sounds absolutely nothing like She Believes in Love Again.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

The courts are crammed with lawsuits based on message board postings, I tell you!

Ha, funny.  But this quite could...........

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2012, 02:21:18 PM »

Hi SurfRider. You put what you heard about the box set and the inclusion of WIBNTLA in a different category than the "backstage hijinks"-type of personal things that you don't feel free to post, so I hope you will follow through and tell us what you learned about the former, the most important topic now under discussion on this board (hopefully the hostility of some of the previous comments won't dissuade you). To prevaricate after dropping these tantalizing tidbits would constitute flakery of a high order, and thank you in advance as we await news with eager anticipation, upon your convenience.

Workin on it.  Want to make sue I'm remembering what I was told and get it down in a better than my usual writing style.

Guess what I was trying to say is that boys will be boys.  It involved ME personally and I was not pleased.  My point is, for some people/band member, don't change..................

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 02:25:36 PM »

You're a teasier tease than the thread about Getcha Back being a tease.

..... ttttttt. (t's)

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2012, 02:27:55 PM »

I'll tell ya', hijinks aside...I like hearing the news about the box set and the inclusion of Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again!  I've been waiting a long time to hear that track.  It's like my Holy Grail of lost Beach Boys songs.  I hope they do the box set right...but I know they're trying to appeal to two different groups: the casual fan looking for all of the hits in one place and the obsessives like us who are after the obscure and arcane.  Aren't there already enough greatest hits packages out there?  I don't need another copy "I Get Around" but bust open the vaults...hold nothing back....heck...I'm almost salivating at the prospect!!!

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
Banana
Smiley Smile Associate

Mike Love, Not War!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2012, 02:30:33 PM »

I remember reading in the recent Rolling Stone article that Bruce had, in fact, recorded a new version of this track...and my first thought was why?  Actually...I'm still wondering...

"You wanna have the '409' sound, right?  On 'Help Me, Rhonda'?"

"Honkin' down the gosh-darned highway..."

"Cried so hard...teardrops on my bed...COME ON MUTHAF*****S!"
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2012, 02:31:16 PM »

Id rather hear about music we're gettin.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2012, 02:33:18 PM »

Yes, like the "Professor", I don't care anything about backstage hijinks, just the facts, ma'am. I see that the original poster is perusing this thread right now, so hope that he is not merely "trolling" (seen his name here before, seemingly linked to solid content). We might be at a moment of revelation, akin to Al letting the TSS info slip out.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:38:07 PM by mutedtrumpeterswan » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »

I'll tell ya', hijinks aside...I like hearing the news about the box set and the inclusion of Wouldn't It Be Nice To Live Again!  I've been waiting a long time to hear that track.  It's like my Holy Grail of lost Beach Boys songs.  I hope they do the box set right...but I know they're trying to appeal to two different groups: the casual fan looking for all of the hits in one place and the obsessives like us who are after the obscure and arcane.  Aren't there already enough greatest hits packages out there?  I don't need another copy "I Get Around" but bust open the vaults...hold nothing back....heck...I'm almost salivating at the prospect!!!

Yes, my report will be all about BB music.

Sorry everybody, I'm traveling the Oregon Coast, don't have internet most of the time....... It's coming.

Another for starters:

New box set is called, (yes, somebody already hit the nail here on the board) " 50 Big Ones "

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2012, 02:42:23 PM »

Sorry everybody, I'm traveling the Oregon Coast, don't have internet most of the time....... It's coming.

Another for starters:

New box set is called, (yes, somebody already hit the nail here on the board) " 50 Big Ones "

Nice.  Here's hopin' the "50" just stands for the number of years the band has been together, and not the number of tracks that will be included...(we need more than 50).

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2012, 02:45:09 PM »

Appreciate your sharing the title here (& hope you don't have to endure fallout for your honesty) but more concerned with the unreleased material to be included, which you mentioned in your initial post, thereby voluntarily incurring our scrutiny and curiosity.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:55:55 PM by mutedtrumpeterswan » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

OMG !!
Well, as long as it's just these small things that don't work so well in this whole reunion/anniversary thing, I'm fine... What a dumb title....  Grin  Grin

Thanks SurfRider for your report(s)!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »

Another for starters:

all the time you're spending posting about how you don't have time to post, you could be posting information.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 03:00:49 PM »

He said he's trying to get it all in the form he wants and make sure it's written well, which is hard to do on the fly. Hopefully it will eventually be worth the wait. Take your time, buddy.

Daly, Chicago 1968
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 03:01:23 PM »

Hi SurfRider. You put what you heard about the box set and the inclusion of WIBNTLA in a different category than the "backstage hijinks"-type of personal things that you don't feel free to post, so I hope you will follow through and tell us what you learned about the former, the most important topic now under discussion on this board (hopefully the hostility of some of the previous comments won't dissuade you). To prevaricate after dropping these tantalizing tidbits would constitute flakery of a high order, and thank you in advance as we await news with eager anticipation, upon your convenience.

Workin on it.  Want to make sue I'm remembering what I was told and get it down in a better than my usual writing style.

Guess what I was trying to say is that boys will be boys.  It involved ME personally and I was not pleased.  My point is, for some people/band member, don't change..................

Uh oh, sounds like Mike was sexting and Brian was doing bath salts!
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »

that sounds absolutely nothing like She Believes in Love Again.

Havn't heard the song in years and couldn't care less about it.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »

Look at you, cool guy.

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2012, 03:31:01 PM »

Mmmh not really, no.

I was just saying. but obviously there's always a need here to get on your high horse.

Anyway i like what i'm hearin', hopefully it'll be for the next album.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:32:41 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »

Insinuating that there was drug should be enough to piss off those invested in the comeback brand.
Paulos
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »

SurfRiderHawaii, thank you for sharing with us, I appreciate it greatly and look forward to your full report.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2012, 04:05:01 PM »

I hope 50 Big Ones turns out to a Smile Sessions-esqe 5 disc set of 15 Big Ones material.

No mas, por favor.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »

Insinuating that there was drug should be enough to piss off those invested in the comeback brand.

They're all on lipitor.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx