gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681625 Posts in 27648 Topics by 4085 Members - Latest Member: RZLSommer June 21, 2024, 05:23:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys on 60 Minutes Australia  (Read 11319 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 11:54:11 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Put a beautiful woman in front of Brian and you won't be able to shut him up

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 12:19:34 PM »

He needs to do that move on stage! Rock on Mike  Rock!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »

Damn, Mike's got old man power. Inspiring stuff. I thought he looked pretty jacked at the Central Park concert.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone else find the crowd shots in that live footage to be pretty awful?  If those are the kind of crowd reactions they have to work with---I say, keep the cameras OFF the crowd on any live DVD release!  Hopefully they can balance out the crowd shots with the full range of fans of different ages and not just the baby boomers in the crowd doing the twist to every song.
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 01:38:33 PM »

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu1COvHKzHs

Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 01:39:08 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone else find the crowd shots in that live footage to be pretty awful?  If those are the kind of crowd reactions they have to work with---I say, keep the cameras OFF the crowd on any live DVD release!  Hopefully they can balance out the crowd shots with the full range of fans of different ages and not just the baby boomers in the crowd doing the twist to every song.

I agree. Those crowds give a whole new perspective to our endless discussions on setlist.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »

I think it was 'Honeycomb', Brian was extremely enthusiastic about it
Oh hell yes. Glad to see Brian is also stoked for Centipede Hz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCK03Po10iE
Grin

Now I want a Beach Boys/Animal Collective collaboration.

I don't think Brian has ever heard of or cares about AC, as much as i think they are great, Brian is just out of their league. He rather do 'Be My Baby' or more shortening bread rock n'roll, not indie Sunflower music.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 02:29:51 PM »

They're so old!  They need to have buses after the concerts to tote those old folks to the ice floes. 
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 02:56:51 PM »

I'm hoping it's just that the 60 Minutes camera guys aren't used to filming a concert since they're mainly a news program.  Still though, they could've at least refocused the attention to the different types of fans out in the crowd.  It looked like they were playing at a retirement home during the 1pm lunch break after that morning's Bingo game. 

Paul McCartney puts out some great concert DVDs because they really capture the emotional connnection between the audience and him on stage.  Although the crowd shots can be a little over-bearing and on the generous side...you still walk away knowing just how much Paul's music means to his fans.  The same must be done with the Beach Boys.  Their music is just as powerful, important and moving to fans--there's no reason why the live document of this tour should unfairly strip away all that emotion.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 03:50:38 PM »

I'm hoping it's just that the 60 Minutes camera guys aren't used to filming a concert since they're mainly a news program.  Still though, they could've at least refocused the attention to the different types of fans out in the crowd.  It looked like they were playing at a retirement home during the 1pm lunch break after that morning's Bingo game. 

Paul McCartney puts out some great concert DVDs because they really capture the emotional connnection between the audience and him on stage.  Although the crowd shots can be a little over-bearing and on the generous side...you still walk away knowing just how much Paul's music means to his fans.  The same must be done with the Beach Boys.  Their music is just as powerful, important and moving to fans--there's no reason why the live document of this tour should unfairly strip away all that emotion.

Paul McCartney also uses audience plants for his crowd shots.  Attractive young people, especially young women, get free seat upgrades towards the front when he films shows.  He's not the only act that does that.  That would be creepy if the Beach Boys did that.  I'm sure it varies by venue whether they get many young people.  Considering they chose Florida to film for one of their TV specials I'd bet the crowd skews old there.  The program may have been given footage from that St. Augustine concert.  Lots of snowbirds and retired people in a city like St. Augustine.
cube_monkey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »

Excellent piece. thanks for providing it.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2012, 07:30:05 PM »

Now how many of you got down on the floor and tried that thing Mike did at the end?

I did.

And failed.

Old Man

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2012, 08:01:37 PM »

Great piece. Thanks for the link.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the ageism goin' on around here. When they put it all together on the DVD, it'll be fine. Some quick multi generational interviews - akin to the BWPS DVD.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx