gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:26:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 40: Darien Lakes Performing Arts Center - Darien Lakes, NY - 6/29/12  (Read 44604 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2012, 12:19:28 AM »

Show info
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 11:56:28 AM by Justin » Logged
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 06:01:04 AM »

I'll be there!

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 06:18:51 AM »

I should just hop in the car and make the drive. What have I got to lose?
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 06:36:45 AM »

Go for it! Just buy a lawn ticket and get there early, and you'll have a great seat!

smyleysmyle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 07:10:09 AM »

I too will be there.  Got some great seats not far from the front, on Brian's side of the stage.  I can't wait!
jet without wings
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:54:04 PM »

I will be there too. Ready to meet and greet. Been reading many of the threads from the past shows about the experience. I hope they are in a good mood. Today's news was about the South American tour not including Brian and al. Uh-oh. I did not think plans were made beyond this current announced tour, but I could be wrong.

Jet without wings
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »

I'll be there, too.  Though I've seen Mike and Bruce two or three times, this will be my first chance to see Brian (and Al and David).  Cannot wait!

I know it won't happen, but one last time let me hope for "Surf's Up."  Of course, I was very excited to see "Our Prayer" enter the setlist the other night.
thegoldenyear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 12:00:56 PM »

I'm honkin' down the QEW from Toronto tomorrow for this show. Feeling very fortunate to have a second show in my neck of the woods.

Last week's Toronto show was my first with any of Brian, Alan or David involved. Certainly one of the top three concert experiences of my life: http://thegoldenyear.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/inconcertbeachboysjune192012/

To anyone sitting on the fence with reasonable access to the venue, please attend. This iteration of the Boys is playing the heck out of these wonderful songs, and it's a memory you'll be glad to keep.

Weather seems encouraging: mid-80s with no precip.

----Len, in Toronto
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »

I thought the title said something about Darian performing. Embarrassed
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »

Just saw an ebay listing for two vip seats for $75, if anyone wants them: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beach-Boys-Concert-Tickets-/280910424953?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item416790eb79

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 12:31:25 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Beach-Boys-Concert-Tickets-/280910424953?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item416790eb79

Ohh....this is so enticing. But guy has a 7 feedback. What if I get there and the PDF of the ticket don't work? Long way to drive to realize I've been had.  Cry
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 12:33:56 PM »

Ohh....this is so enticing. But guy has a 7 feedback. What if I get there and the PDF of the ticket don't work? Long way to drive to realize I've been had.  Cry

He might just be saying they're "VIP" tickets, just because they're close to the stage.  Notice how he says VERY close to the stage.  If they were VIP he would have just stated that they were front row, you know?

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »

He might just be saying they're "VIP" tickets, just because they're close to the stage.  Notice how he says VERY close to the stage.  If they were VIP he would have just stated that they were front row, you know?

There's something in all of that, but VIP "packages" can go back thru the 15th row. And I have no clue what he really has, but if it was me, I'd do some questioning as to what it is and decide before jumping in. It could be a GREAT Deal, who knows?  Of course, hard to imagine selling 2 $175 ( or more) tickets for $75...
>>Each Beach Boys VIP Tour Package includes:
One reserved ticket in rows 2-15*
Specially designed tour t-shirt
Collectible tour poster (limited, numbered)
Commemorative ticket
Exclusive tour tote bag
On-site VIP host<<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 03:37:13 PM »

Last week's Toronto show was my first with any of Brian, Alan or David involved. Certainly one of the top three concert experiences of my life: http://thegoldenyear.wordpress.com/2012/06/26/inconcertbeachboysjune192012/

Excellent. Thank you !
And great pics, too !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »

I'm going too!  Been looking forward to this for a long time - after reading all the concert review threads, I'll finally have my chance to see this incredible show in person!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »

show #40!

WOO HOO!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
thegoldenyear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2012, 05:30:22 PM »

Excellent. Thank you !
And great pics, too !

Thanks! First night with a new camera, too. Less fiddling tomorrow night.

Ah, tomorrow! 15 rows out, between Brian and Mike. Less than 24 hours away, and getting rather excited about it!

Brian's played Darien PAC before (2001), I see from Aniversario's Setlist Archive.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 03:52:12 AM »

Facebook:

Brian Wilson
Brian's been digging the real-time concert posts Chris Stowell has been making on Brian's website message board – so he asked Chris to be his guest at last night's show in New Jersey and to hang out backstage. How cool is that!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 04:20:51 AM »

After the show at Mohegan Sun blew my wife's mind, she insisted on getting tickets to this show. They're only lawn seats, but I'm bringing my brother and his friend-- both non-fans -- and we decided to be cheap. Can't wait!
smyleysmyle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »

I know it's been discussed in other threads and I have read mixed things, but what is the situation with bringing cameras in to the show?  I'd like to get some nice shots with my "real" digital camera, not my lousy cell phone camera.  I don't want to risk getting it confiscated though.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 06:07:49 AM »

Well, you have to sort of sneak the camera into the show. Don't have it in a bag, but in your pocket.  Once inside the venue, at least in Saratoga Springs, the ushers couldn't care less if you had a camera. They walked right by me and looked at me and didn't say anything.  Then again, I think it depends on the venue.

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 07:55:22 AM »

It's Darien Lake.  Not Darien Lakes.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 08:49:16 AM »

Thank you, it's been bugging me, too everytime I read it as "Lakes."  I went to high school with a Chris Stowell, whose younger brother was in my grade.  Cool kid.  I wonder if this Chris is his older brother.  Kinda looks like him.
thegoldenyear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 09:52:39 AM »

Well, you have to sort of sneak the camera into the show. Don't have it in a bag, but in your pocket.  Once inside the venue, at least in Saratoga Springs, the ushers couldn't care less if you had a camera. They walked right by me and looked at me and didn't say anything.  Then again, I think it depends on the venue.

Last week  in Toronto, I walked in with a detachable lens camera over my shoulder, no bag. It's a Sony with a 18-55mm detachable lens - it has less bulk than a traditional DSLR, but pretty obviously looks a step up from a point-and-shoot, and I was worried.

I have a few pro photog friends who assured me that many venues simply haven't updated their terms, but are more relaxed than perhaps half a decade ago. It seems that don't ask-don't tell is the present policy at many of these venues. I was honestly surprised to walk through without a question.

I never shoot video. I don't like to be seen holding the camera to my face for three minutes at a time. I also never use flash.

---Len in Toronto
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2012, 10:03:58 AM »

Show boobies

aaaah, much better.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx