gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:34:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 29: Blossom Music Center - Cuyahoga Falls, OH 6/13/12  (Read 22163 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »

info
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:22:11 AM »

i click on "info" but doesn't shows any infos Sad

Wink
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »

Smokin
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 11:29:35 AM »

w00t!
skabandit22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 12:09:47 PM »

I will be there, it is going to be my first Beach Boys concert. Pretty damn excited. I only hope that my trolling of this board and every youtube video from the tour doesn't ruin the experience for me.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 12:11:58 PM »

I will be there, it is going to be my first Beach Boys concert. Pretty damn excited. I only hope that my trolling of this board and every youtube video from the tour doesn't ruin the experience for me.

...which is why the only clip I've watched so far is "Isn't it Time" because the album wasn't out yet and I couldn't stand not knowing how the song went! LOL
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »

Impossible!  Having gone to 7 shows on this tour, myself, by the seventh time it still did not get old.  The guy next to me saw them three times this tour and said the same thing.  He said it was like a drug...you just wanted more, more.  
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:31:01 PM »

From thirty years ago at Blossom. And almost to the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlV7r799diQ&feature=relmfu

Time flies man. Saw 'em there ten years later at the SIP tour with special opener, David Cassidy! Oh boy.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
SG7
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »

Time flies man. Saw 'em there ten years later at the SIP tour with special opener, David Cassidy! Oh boy.

Yikes! I get a kick out of reading ticketmaster reviews for David. The bad reviews are just hilarious.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:37:33 PM »

Just noticed on the vid that Al mentions they were recording the '82 Blossom show for a potential live album. Didn't know that. Interesting era for the band to be recording live shows with an eye towards release. There must be a treasure trove of live stuff in the vaults one would think.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 12:43:14 PM »

My first BB's concert was at Blossom in 1979 -- The Light Album Tour. I actually found my original tour program from the concert. Hard to believe that 33 years have elapsed since then.

Needless to say...I'll be there tonight. Full circle as they say.
skabandit22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 06:59:33 PM »

Intermission. They sound fantastic.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 07:20:01 PM »

Still no Vegetables?
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »

Early in the 2nd set would be the ideal place for it, huh?
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 07:26:37 PM »

Hi Doo. Saw them and the boat at Blossom in 1978. Superb!
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 07:31:26 PM »

Early in the 2nd set would be the ideal place for it, huh?

They really shouldn't do just "early hits/obscure fanservice stuff/crowd-pleaser" imo, they should shake it up and just play one hit, one more obscure song and one hit and on and on... so people won't go away or do other stuff, they might just actually apperciate it all in general you know
Vegetables right after Don't Worry Baby and before Wouldn't It Be Nice

but that's just me, i'm crazy and weird.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:54:40 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 07:37:22 PM »

Intermission. They sound fantastic.

No Darlin? How about Soundcheck?
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 07:38:40 PM »

I saw David Cassidy open for them that same tour...he split his tight pleather pants half way through his set.  Great BB show, it was my last and I was in the front row.  I even high fived/shook hands with the guys as they left the stage.  The best part was being able to attend it with my Dad, the guy who turned me on to the group.  

My first Beach Boys concert was in 1973, but I was still I was 'in utero.'  I was moving around so much my Mother had to sit out in the hallway for a good portion of the show.  I haven't stopped dancing in 39 years...
Oily Pig
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »

but that's just me, i'm crazy and weird.
[/quote]
count me in that crazy and weird crowd!  i wanna here "Amusement Parks USA", "Dierdre", "It's About Time", and "Waiting for the Day" and nobody cares.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 07:52:35 PM »

Awyea man, that's exactly what i mean!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:53:31 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 10:26:39 PM »

No Darlin? How about Soundcheck?

I didn't do the soundcheck but no "Darlin'" during the show. I wrote out the entire setlist, but I dropped the fododdin' thing marching back to my car. Ugh.

Anyway...looking at the previous night's list, and going from memory, the only thing that was different was no "This Whole World" tonight but "Wendy" back in. Foster The People joined them for "Wouldn't It Be Nice," and the dude in that band took the lead. IIRC, they also came back and joined in the chorus for one more.

If anyone finds my setlist in the Blossom parking lot......call me....lol.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:28:44 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 10:27:19 PM »

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:28:25 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 12:06:32 AM »

Took a long drive and saw the show. A great show - at this point they is a well oiled machine. A rock n roll machine! (obscure Godz reference)

To me it was a treat to hear some of the additions to the set since they played Benedum in Pittsburgh (California Saga, Ole Betsy, Isn't It Time, It's OK). They also played the GV studio sessions vid during Good Vibrations - that's also new since early in the tour.

The crowd was a nice mix of generations, with a far amount of youngin's diggin' on the band . Pavilion was just about full, and the lawn was about 80% or so, with gaps in the extreme left/right. Blossom is a big place, about 18K capacity so they did alright. With so many people there, I got to relive the Blossom experience of a) searching for my car in the labyrinth parking lot layout and b) waiting forever for the traffic to let up. No problems - all the more reason to listen to the new CD and bask in the post concert glow.

One of the merch booths was sold out of the new disc, and they were running a special as well - buy 10 TWGMTR discs and receive one signed by the band. Hadn't heard of that promotion up until now, so fyi.

A funny moment from Al during Cottonfields. He missed a line, waited and then came back into the verse (which is all well and good), but then came the lyric:

Brother only one thing more that's gonna warm ya
A summer's day out in Cincinnati

Ah Al...Cincinnati was last night. You're in Cleveland tonight! God bless our Buckeye brother. The pride and joy of Lima, Ohio!

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 04:16:36 AM »

A funny moment from Al during Cottonfields. He missed a line, waited and then came back into the verse (which is all well and good), but then came the lyric:

Ah Al...Cincinnati was last night. You're in Cleveland tonight! God bless our Buckeye brother. The pride and joy of Lima, Ohio!

I'm not sure if most people noticed it....but almost as soon as the words "Cincinnati" left his mouth, he said "just kidding." The problem was that it was barely audible in the mix compared to what he just uttered. Thus, I couldn't tell if the line was intentional, or if he just realized what he said, and then simply caught himself immediately. Even my friend next to me missed it.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 05:51:09 AM »

Took a long drive and saw the show. A great show - at this point they is a well oiled machine. A rock n roll machine! (obscure Godz reference)

To me it was a treat to hear some of the additions to the set since they played Benedum in Pittsburgh (California Saga, Ole Betsy, Isn't It Time, It's OK). They also played the GV studio sessions vid during Good Vibrations - that's also new since early in the tour.

The crowd was a nice mix of generations, with a far amount of youngin's diggin' on the band . Pavilion was just about full, and the lawn was about 80% or so, with gaps in the extreme left/right. Blossom is a big place, about 18K capacity so they did alright. With so many people there, I got to relive the Blossom experience of a) searching for my car in the labyrinth parking lot layout and b) waiting forever for the traffic to let up. No problems - all the more reason to listen to the new CD and bask in the post concert glow.

One of the merch booths was sold out of the new disc, and they were running a special as well - buy 10 TWGMTR discs and receive one signed by the band. Hadn't heard of that promotion up until now, so fyi.

Are they still selling the CD's at $5 a pop? If so, I would buy ten of them for the autograph....

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx