gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681552 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 13, 2024, 01:02:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's obsession with Shortenin Bread?  (Read 1411 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:46:51 PM »

The song was recorded by the American rock band The Beach Boys. Their leader Brian Wilson was reportedly obsessed with the song, leading to him recording several versions of it and finally releasing a version on 1979 album L.A.

Do anyone else have any info on Brian's interest in this song or the sessions? Smiley
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »

I swear to Allah there was a thread about this within the past 3 days. Am  I going crazy?

No mas, por favor.
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:08:50 AM »

Why does your post look like you copy and pasted it from a Rolling Stone article.

Wait, haha, nevermind. I forgot Rolling Stone thinks they didn't record anything after Good Vibrations.

Oh, and no I don't, but I do rather like that song
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »

However, if i can take a guess, i think it might just be the melody. Everyone knows that main little line. Brian is like that. He probably used to hear it as a kid and wanted to cover it.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 12:25:28 AM »

Smiley i love the song it fits his scruffy voice so well lol
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 12:39:39 AM »

The song was recorded by the American rock band The Beach Boys. Their leader Brian Wilson was reportedly obsessed with the song, leading to him recording several versions of it and finally releasing a version on 1979 album L.A.

Do anyone else have any info on Brian's interest in this song or the sessions? Smiley

1  - this was discussed in another thread very recently.

2 - cutting and pasting Wikipedia articles might seem very amusing to you, but actually makes you look like a bit of a dick. Actually, quite a big dick.

Remember what I said about your welcome wearing thin ? It's looking pretty transparent right now.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 12:42:15 AM »

1  - this was discussed in another thread very recently.

2 - cutting and pasting Wikipedia articles might seem very amusing to you, but actually makes you look like a bit of a dick. Actually, quite a big dick.

Remember what I said about your welcome wearing thin ? It's looking pretty transparent right now.
big dick? thanks  Grin...i didn't see that thread :/
Paulos
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 03:05:59 AM »

Why did you copy and paste the above? It's just weird.

Also, for the love of god dude...there is a search function on this site. Enter the words Shortenin Bread and hey presto - a thread already exists!

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9249.0.html

Also please consider using the 'Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!' next time you feel like asking a question that doesn't need/deserve its own thread. Not picking on you here just trying to give you some pointers.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx