gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681510 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 05:45:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Making my SMiLE: BWPS Isolated Vocals  (Read 1221 times)
lilduff90
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »

I am currently working on my own version of SMiLE, a version I've been working on for about half a year now, and with the arrival of TSS I got loads of new material to fill in blanks and bad quality clips.

I do however still have one problem, and that is missing vocals. Now I was hoping to just "re-tune" some BWPS vocals, but doing so would require isolated vocal tracks. Are these around?
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »

Nop. Theoretically, one might be able to isolate the "Holidays" vocals with the instrumental and track, but it'd probably be difficult. Also, "Holidays" was the one track that was said to be intended to be instrumental, or at least mostly instrumental, so hrm.

Otherwise, nop. Sad

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
JMZ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »

I am currently working on my own version of SMiLE, a version I've been working on for about half a year now, and with the arrival of TSS I got loads of new material to fill in blanks and bad quality clips.

I do however still have one problem, and that is missing vocals. Now I was hoping to just "re-tune" some BWPS vocals, but doing so would require isolated vocal tracks. Are these around?
There's also an instrumental version of "In Blue Hawaii" on the B side of the BWPS "Good Vibrations" 45RPM. I've always wanted to try to extract IBH vocals to put them on top of "ILTSDD" but I never found the 45.

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:59 PM »

There's also an instrumental version of "In Blue Hawaii" on the B side of the BWPS "Good Vibrations" 45RPM. I've always wanted to try to extract IBH vocals to put them on top of "ILTSDD" but I never found the 45.

:O I knew there was another instrumental out there, but couldn't think of what.

The Beautiful Dreamer DVD had parts of BWPS in instrumental form if you ripped the audio from that. Again, it'd take a lot of work/time and might not even be satisfactory, so who knows.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Tilt Araiza
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »

In 2004 ESQ gave away a CD with the Roll Plymouth Rock backing track, I managed to use that to the verse vocals and which I've had on my fanmix of DYLW for years.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx