gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681571 Posts in 27644 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 16, 2024, 05:07:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson In The Key Of Disney available for pre-order from Amazon  (Read 9081 times)
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »

"I've avoided 'TLOS' and 'Gershwin' too - reckon I made the right choice."

Nah. You should get both. TLOS is at least half good as is the Gershwin. Both are light years better than GIOMH.  The good songs on there are destroyed by the production - just like Sweet Insanity (which destroys one of the same songs!)
ghost
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »

Anyone who calls himsen a Brian Wilson fan and AVOIDS records the man puts out is insane. At least give it a whirl, you might like some of it. The Gershwin album is great sometimes. When I'm in the mood for it it's very satisfying to hear. Some real, new classics - Love Is Here To Stay, Nothing But Love, Someone To Watch Over Me, It Ain't Necessarily So, etc.... these have great vocals from Brian.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »

Am I alone here when I say that the end of TLOS always gives me goosebumps because it is so good?  Cry
ghost
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »

Am I alone here when I say that the end of TLOS always gives me goosebumps because it is so good?  Cry

all day
all day
roll around heaven
lucky old son
nothing to do
workin al lday
rollin rol,nwkdo kao
owooahwhhooo o
a work a work a workin in the sun all day
a work a work wa workdo the osun al lday

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2011, 03:04:49 PM »

all day
all day
roll around heaven
lucky old son
nothing to do
workin al lday
rollin rol,nwkdo kao
owooahwhhooo o
a work a work a workin in the sun all day
a work a work wa workdo the osun al lday

Yes, that end too.  LOL
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2011, 03:10:06 PM »

I love the verses and chorus of Southern California, but that bridge type section 'whoa whoa it's magical' is a little lame for me - prefer it when they leave it out...but I still enjoy that song a lot anyway.

'Love songs, pretty girls, didn't want it to end...'

'Surfer silhouettes, the sun went into the sea...' there is a certain poignancy about it for sure.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »

I love the verses and chorus of Southern California, but that bridge type section 'whoa whoa it's magical' is a little lame for me - prefer it when they leave it out...but I still enjoy that song a lot anyway.

'Love songs, pretty girls, didn't want it to end...'

'Surfer silhouettes, the sun went into the sea...' there is a certain poignancy about it for sure.

I love the "who whoa" part. The way Brian sings "nodded off in the band room, woke up in history" is one of my favorite BW moments.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2011, 03:19:27 PM »

Nothing beats "Good Kind Of Love" for me - from what I've read, Brian wrote this all by himself....It's in my top favorite solo songs by BW.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
ghost
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2011, 03:23:00 PM »

Nothing beats "Good Kind Of Love" for me - from what I've read, Brian wrote this all by himself....It's in my top favorite solo songs by BW.

same here, i've always loved that one and Forever she'll be my surfer girl.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2011, 04:05:11 PM »

Anyone who calls himsen a Brian Wilson fan and AVOIDS records the man puts out is insane. At least give it a whirl, you might like some of it. The Gershwin album is great sometimes. When I'm in the mood for it it's very satisfying to hear. Some real, new classics - Love Is Here To Stay, Nothing But Love, Someone To Watch Over Me, It Ain't Necessarily So, etc.... these have great vocals from Brian.

Agreed.

Am I alone here when I say that the end of TLOS always gives me goosebumps because it is so good?

Double agreed. The album is a treasure. Probably the single most artistically satisfying package of BW's solo career. (You must include the bonus tracks, though -- they're nearly all essential.)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:06:42 PM by Wirestone » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »

Who the f*** avoids these records? I can't say I feel terribly sorry for those who haven't bothered with something like "Midnight's Another Day", the d00d's best song since the late 70s, out of ignorance.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx