-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Denni
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Denni  (Read 75369 times)
Jason
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2013, 03:05:50 PM »

I hate feminazis.

My guess is that you're as equally capable of defending your use of that term as you are your use of the term "cultural Marxism." You're excellent at throwing around terms (especially when you think they might irk people, in the most glaringly juvenile fashion) but your inability to know what you mean when you use these terms is startling.

I am quite aware what "feminazi" and "cultural Marxism" mean. I don't need to defend my usage of the terms.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »

I hate feminazis.

My guess is that you're as equally capable of defending your use of that term as you are your use of the term "cultural Marxism." You're excellent at throwing around terms (especially when you think they might irk people, in the most glaringly juvenile fashion) but your inability to know what you mean when you use these terms is startling.

I am quite aware what "feminazi" and "cultural Marxism" mean. I don't need to defend my usage of the terms.

You have demonstrated that you have exactly no idea what cultural Marxism is but I do slightly forgive you to that because you are heavily indoctrinated by a movement organized by hucksters and charlatans who have clearly put the term into circulation as the other slavish devotees to the cult evoke the term under similar circumstances as if they are Xeroxing from the same handbook of generic responses.

I have no doubt that your definition of "feminazi" is the same one that most people use when they use it but again, like you, they have such a historical blindspot and a fantastical understanding of the way the world works that they don't really understand what they are doing when they are evoking the term.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:45:34 PM by rockandroll » Logged
Jason
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2013, 03:38:33 PM »

I hate feminazis.

You have demonstrated that you have exactly no idea what cultural Marxism is but I do slightly forgive you to that because you are heavily indoctrinated by a movement organized by hucksters and charlatans who have clearly put the term into circulation as the other slavish devotees to the cult evoke the term under similar circumstances as if they are Xeroxing from the same handbook of generic responses.

I have no doubt that your definition of "feminize" is the same one that most people use when they use it but again, like you, they have such a historical blindspot and a fantastical understanding of the way the world works that they don't really understand what they are doing when they are evoking the term.

I have not demonstrated anything. But keep on thinking what you want to think. I stand behind my statements without apology and without fear of contradiction.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »

That's a function of indoctrination though. Even when proven wrong, you're certainly not bound to to accept it.

Incidentally, defining your terms is common practice in all honest writing. To pretend as if you're above this, is the height of absurdity. The idea that you can just say whatever you please and not have to actually defend what you say is a privilege accorded to no one, no matter how arrogantly they claim they "don't need to."

Again, I'll leave it up to the readers who can easily discover what cultural Marxism is in a few minutes of research and will understand immediately that you are using it incorrectly. But when I have time, later, I will explain it in more detail.
Jason
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2013, 03:50:18 PM »

According to you I use the term incorrectly because I don't subscribe to the same political beliefs as you. That's all it is and all it ever was. If you can look at that British situation and tell me that that is not cultural Marxism, you've one more screw loose than I thought.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2013, 04:21:02 PM »

And yet another thread derails into a miasma of sh*t.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jason
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »

Well, it IS the Sandbox.
MBE
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »

I just generally resent the picture of men or women as different in honesty. All that is bull like any other thing judging someone by their race, color, creed, gender etc. As a guy with the same woman for almost ten years faithfully, I also think it's stupid to think that a girl who resembles Dennis is gonna drive all the Beach Boys fans on here to uncontrollable lust or stupidity. AGD was stand up and said he was sorry. Not trying to be mean myself, but if the attitude displayed to him was the same as now no wonder he defriended her.

I say this all as the most un PC guy humor wise ever. Yet when I really see someone judge people by gender yet???
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

According to you I use the term incorrectly because I don't subscribe to the same political beliefs as you.

That's entirely false. You use the term incorrectly because you don't understand what it means. Keep in mind the cultural Marxism has its origins in the Frankfurt school of scholars - figures like Walter Benjamin, Theodor Adorno, Jurgen Habermas, etc. These figures, who could be grouped together under the banner of Cultural Marxists, espoused widely different theories but essentially examined the role of ideology and how it manifests itself - namely, how do the relations of production affect the kind of art that is being produced. In Benjamin's most famous article, he examines somewhat ambiguously the role of mechanical reproduction, suggesting that while it does allow for wider access to art, it also means that the cult value of art diminishes. Adorno, meanwhile, examined how art can either distort and mask social realties or react to them in some way.

Adorno's arguments gave way to one of the most prominent cultural Marxists - namely, Frederic Jameson. In Jameson's most significant text, The Political Unconscious, he examines the interpretive categories or codes through which we read and receive texts. He suggests that when we read a texts, we typically work to re-write it through the lens of an interpretive master code which is always already ideologically provided to us. Consequently, our readings of the past are dependent on our experience of the present. He suggests that texts repress a history of class struggles, but reveal that buried history in particular ways, just as Freud says we reveal what we repress in our everyday actions (such as tics, or slips-of-the-tongue, etc.). Jameson says that it is up the Cultural Marxist to read texts for this repressed history. He says that this can be done by using three progressively widening “semantic horizons”: symbolic (wherein one understands the texts as attempting to resolve a social contradiction), social (wherein the text is participating in an ideologically driven discourse), and historical (in which texts reveal the modes of production at work in its day).

In other words what cultural Marxism was and always has been is a particular reading practice which functions to analyze what lies beneath cultural artefacts.

Now, you are using the term the way you do because it was hijacked following Michael Minnicino's article "New Dark Age: Frankfurt School and 'Political Correctness.'" Now, Minnicino probably was unfamiliar with cultural Marxism as a form of scholarship or didn't understand the arguments but ultimately, he needed to pin his anxiety about political correctness on someone and somewhat arbitrary chose the members of the Institute for Social Research (otherwise known as The Frankfurt School) to do so. This was what has since been called the Frankfurt School conspiracy theory. Of course, anybody familiar with the works of the Frankfurt School knew immediately that none of what they wrote had the slightest bit to do with what people commonly consider political correctness to be. But that's not important - what's important was that there was an enemy that could be named, and more importantly that name had the word "Marxism" in it, which people in the United States have been trained to blindingly assume is inherently bad, so it was easily to concoct the lie that all of this nasty political correctness came from the cultural Marxists. Never mind that it was entirely fraudulent and completely groundless (the author of the original text that inspired the movement to attach cultural Marxism to political correctness, Minnicino, has since renounced his article, noting that the article itself came out of "self-censorship") the association gradually began to pick up steam, first by Paul Weyrich and, then, by William Lind. At that point, the hijacked term began to circulate more widely, particularly on the internet where information does not have to be verified or peer-reviewed, and this is largely how a large number of people became so badly misinformed on the matter.

If you can look at that British situation and tell me that that is not cultural Marxism, you've one more screw loose than I thought.

Actually, what I asked was for you to demonstrate how it was, but you insist on being above defending your claims. This is actually quite a startling phenomenon, I should say. Several years ago when I began engaging with conspiracy theorists (in particular, Paul McCartney Is Dead conspiracy theorists) they used the same line: "I don't have to reinforce my claims for you. If you don't believe me, why don't you do your own research rather than expect me to do it for you." I then found that this line was common as I delved further into other sorts of conspiracy theories. This position is astounding and I'm shocked that anyone would take it seriously. It seems to me that if you are at all interested in the truth or being honest or even if you are confident in your own position, then you would love to actually defend your claims. On the other hand, if you are only interested in posturing and simply showing off that you know things, then you can use the by-now familiar line above.

But, again, given that cultural Marxism is largely a reading practice and a wide-range of various ways to interpret texts, I am ultimately unconvinced that the police apologizing to Muslims for a postcard constitutes cultural Marxism since it is neither an interpretative act nor is it working to uncover the work of ideology in a particular artefact. But, again, this is why I asked you to explain what you meant by the term. As it has become increasingly obvious, you didn't know what you meant. You were simply using a bastardized, ignorant, and misinformed understanding of the term, the bastardization of which is rooted in an anxious desire by scheming political figures to locate a familiar enemy on which en vogue criticisms could be projected.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:04:46 PM by rockandroll » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2013, 05:55:44 PM »

I'm with you Mike.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2013, 05:57:48 PM »

I just generally resent the picture of men or women as different in honesty. All that is bull like any other thing judging someone by their race, color, creed, gender etc.

If you take two dogs and you beat one relentlessly and you treat the other with loving care, what are the chances that they end up behaving exactly the same?

Furthermore, do disagree that there are biological differences between men and women? Do you resent that implication?
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2013, 05:58:53 PM »

Wow. This thread took a nose dive.  LOL LOL LOL
MBE
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »

I just generally resent the picture of men or women as different in honesty. All that is bull like any other thing judging someone by their race, color, creed, gender etc.

If you take two dogs and you beat one relentlessly and you treat the other with loving care, what are the chances that they end up behaving exactly the same?

Furthermore, do disagree that there are biological differences between men and women? Do you resent that implication?
Huh? This is a retort? Who got beat or abused? Biologically sure men and woman differ, but what has that to do with character? I go on the individual.

Unlike some are saying, this subject is actually interesting. Timely on a sociological level with catfishing and hoaxes really being a hot issue. I want to know the whole story partly so I can learn the signs of a new form of sociopath. As a writer this is even more interesting. I know a good and careful researcher, and Jon and AGD are among the best. This person knows what they are doing or they would be caught years ago and fully.

Now I am getting told that it's because we were all in love with some female Dennis lookalike because our guy parts make us idiots! Tell that to the straight ladies she hurt and there are several I know of personally.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2013, 06:27:43 PM »

Just wanted to say I've posted on this message board for years and I have no memory of this "Dennis" chick. When was she posting here?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »

Huh? This is a retort?

Yes.

Who got beat or abused?

I don't believe a writer as good as you are is this poor at analogy. I am no more saying specifically that someone "got beat or abused" than I am saying that white people or women are "dogs." To be honest, though, women are very much abused in our society. Recall that over 80% of spousal abuse is directed towards women, over 90% of sexual assault victims are women, and more than a quarter of women experience a sexual assault by the time they are in their 20s. But this is part of a larger, and deeper systematic issue which still works to keep women de-valued. In a world where there is a different standard for women, and where clearly women are still largely perceived as sexual objects than sexual subjects, then different behavioural patterns are bound to emerge. That women might have a kind of heightened sensitivity to danger wouldn't necessarily be surprising.

Biologically sure men and woman differ, but what has that to do with character?

Plenty. The fact that biology affects human behaviour is science 101.

Unlike some are saying, this subject is actually interesting. Timely on a sociological level with catfishing and hoaxes really being a hot issue. I want to know the whole story partly so I can learn the signs of a new form of sociopath. As a writer this is even more interesting. I know a good and careful researcher, and Jon and AGD are among the best. This person knows what they are doing or they would be caught years ago and fully.

I suppose this is a matter of debate. I'll keep my own opinions about what's going on here, private, other than to say I think that what you are supporting is fairly shameful behaviour, though that certainly doesn't endorse the behaviour of this "Denni" character, who I had no interest in at the time.

Now I am getting told that it's because we were all in love with some female Dennis lookalike because our guy parts make us idiots! Tell that to the straight ladies she hurt and there are several I know of personally.

Again, I find the fact that the males on the board are zeroing in on this relatively minor aspect of DonnaK's remarks to be more telling than anything she could say on the matter.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 06:35:48 PM by rockandroll » Logged
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2013, 06:44:01 PM »

I never thought I'd say this, but can we go back to talking about the Denni stuff?

A discipline daddy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 16, 2013, 07:13:34 PM »

I'll keep my own opinions about what's going on here, private, other than to say I think that what you are supporting is fairly shameful behaviour, though that certainly doesn't endorse the behaviour of this "Denni" character, who I had no interest in at the time.

What shameful behavior has Mike been supporting?! I really am not following you here.

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 16, 2013, 07:19:27 PM »

I'll keep my own opinions about what's going on here, private, other than to say I think that what you are supporting is fairly shameful behaviour, though that certainly doesn't endorse the behaviour of this "Denni" character, who I had no interest in at the time.

What shameful behavior has Mike been supporting?! I really am not following you here.

The efforts to get the "scoop" on this Denni person.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 16, 2013, 07:21:39 PM »

Guys, come on. Who the hell cares?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 16, 2013, 07:33:43 PM »

READ what she says. She must have been in here following at least this thread.

19 days passed between AGD's first new post on the matter and DonnaK's first remark. It seems like she has a personal investment in the story so I find it really far-fetched that she's been avidly following the thread all this time only to post for the first time now. My hunch is that she probably does come back from time to time just to see what the conversations are and this time found something that she had some kind of direct relation to. This is hardly the kind of behaviour that she's complaining about, now is it?
You know, you poke your nose where it don't belong once too often. Before you spout off, you should first let people defend their own posts first. Who the f*** are you to speak for everyone first? I hate losing my temper, especially in here, a place that I come to share my love of my favorite band. So to everyone else who reads this post, please accept my apology for getting this off my chest.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 16, 2013, 07:36:42 PM »

You know, you poke your nose where it don't belong once too often. Before you spout off, you should first let people defend their own posts first. Who the f*** are you to speak for everyone first? I hate losing my temper, especially in here, a place that I come to share my love of my favorite band. So to everyone else who reads this post, please accept my apology for getting this off my chest.

Perhaps you can demonstrate one example where I "spoke for" anyone other than myself?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:37:52 PM by rockandroll » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 16, 2013, 08:03:13 PM »

Perhaps you can demonstrate one example where I "spoke for" anyone other than myself?

What real life troubles are you avoiding by coming in here trolling? What circumstances in your own life are making you feel the need to police everyone's (mostly anonymous) opinions? I am genuinely curious.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 16, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »

What real life troubles are you avoiding by coming in here trolling? What circumstances in your own life are making you feel the need to police everyone's (mostly anonymous) opinions? I am genuinely curious.

And I genuinely don't believe you are. But if you want an answer, it is simply that you deserve to know as much about my personal life as I believe I should know about yours or anyone else's on this board, which is exactly "nothing." I might also add that this juvenile tactic of assuming I have "personal problems" as a way to discourage me from participating in discussion is nothing short of obscene.

I don't quite understand your remarks as being a response to what I've said but I might apply the same question I asked to drbeachboy and ask for one example where I have "policed" anyone's opinions (let alone "everyone's" as you claim).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 08:09:25 PM by rockandroll » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 16, 2013, 08:16:33 PM »

I am done with you. From here on out, I don't give a crap what you have to say whether I agree with it or (most likely) not. I am not going to allow you to ruin my enjoyment of this forum. You take care, now.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 16, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »

And I genuinely don't believe you are. But if you want an answer, it is simply that you deserve to know as much about my personal life as I believe I should know about yours or anyone else's on this board, which is exactly "nothing." I might also add that this juvenile tactic of assuming I have "personal problems" as a way to discourage me from participating in discussion is nothing short of obscene.

I don't quite understand your remarks as being a response to what I've said but I might apply the same question I asked to drbeachboy and ask for one example where I have "policed" anyone's opinions (let alone "everyone's" as you claim).

Somehow I am not surprised that you keep asking people to point to your messes. It does tend to take a bit of self awareness to make out the bad smells one leaves. No self awareness = no answer.

tah tah.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: